Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Growing Annoyed.....

RyanB

1 hour ago, Tims said:

I know it really sucks to be in your position. I lost most of the summer in 2011 dealing with warranty issues. My medicine was to simply chock up my losses,  get rid of the boat,  and move on. I hope it works out for you.  

And we need people like you buying our stuff after we have rode it hard and put it away wet to keep the resale value high. Personally, I hate sloppy seconds. 

I recently got in touch with the previous owner of my 02 on facebook. It turns out she took impeccable care of what is now my boat. Nice to know the history, maintenance, usage, etc. I hope to carry on the quality of care the original owner showed this cream puff. 

Steve B. 

1 hour ago, Tims said:

I know it really sucks to be in your position. I lost most of the summer in 2011 dealing with warranty issues. My medicine was to simply chock up my losses,  get rid of the boat,  and move on. I hope it works out for you.  

And we need people like you buying our stuff after we have rode it hard and put it away wet to keep the resale value high. Personally, I hate sloppy seconds. 

I have not missed a weekend yet in 3 years with my 2012. It has given me a couple scares though in the past 3 seasons. Nothing I couldn't work out though.

Edited by dalt1
  • Like 2
15 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

you got a couple holes in the boat between the front seats. Have you pulled the cap over the pumps and looked there?

One access panel there. That is where the plug is that I remove after each outing to drain the water out of the boat. And it is always full of water. That is also the location of the bilge that is always pumping. 

21 minutes ago, dalt1 said:

I have not missed a weekend yet in 3 years with my 2012. It has given me a couple scares though in the past 3 seasons. Nothing I couldn't work out though.

Denny,

How does the 2012 compare to your 06? 

My 99 Response was flawless and I racked up over 1000 hours on it. 

My 2011 was like Christene. 

4 minutes ago, Tims said:

Denny,

How does the 2012 compare to your 06? 

My 99 Response was flawless and I racked up over 1000 hours on it. 

My 2011 was like Christene. 

06 was nearly bulletproof. 1000+ hours minor maintenance issues. 2012 at 400 hrs now makes me more nervous but not let me down yet.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

also a couple ballast pumps and through hills in there aren't there? Or do they hide the fill pumps for the front and mid tanks somewhere else now.

Yes on the ballast pumps.  Other than the drain plug, I am not sure about any other through hulls.  It is so tight in there that I can barely get my hand in to get the drain plug in/out.

I guess I could check in there the next time I launch and see if I can see any leaks (but like is said, it is TIGHT).  But as that is the low point in the hull, that will naturally be the first place water will accumulate.

Edited by RyanB
45 minutes ago, RyanB said:

I guess I could check in there the next time I launch and see if I can see any leaks (but like is said, it is TIGHT).  But as that is the low point in the hull, that will naturally be the first place water will accumulate.

Try filling the bilge with the hose in the driveway and see where the water comes out?