Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fuel Consumption

MadMan

On September 3, 2016 at 2:48 PM, KentC said:

Yep, I tend to just fill it up every time en route.  Makes it hurt less than waiting until its sitting on E!  

You don't have to empty just count the gallons going in vs hours , he's not killing himself or testing his math skills to do this

ahopkins22LSV
36 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

Some people hate story problems....

DarkSide starts surfing at sunrise with a full tank,  he is on the lake for 8 hours, but when he leaves the hour meter on the engine only increases by 6.  He refuels on the way home and puts 60 gallons into the surfer. 

A. DarkSide is an A$$ for trashing @ahopkinsTXi sunrise glass

B.  He burns 10 GPH which is way too much fossils fuel and he is singlehandedly destroying the planet with global warming.  AZ was a cold zone before he started surfing there...jus sayin...

C. His hour meter is broken, and needs to be replaced.

D. All of the above

A.

• Like 3
21 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

This is like that time the grad school admissions officer called and said "Hey what's going on here?  You said you had a 4.0 but you only have a 2.4?"  And I said "yeah, but it's still a really good GPA."

5-6 GPH in a 10K wave machine bone stock from the factory is a C average?  Ok

Edited by bamaboy
31 minutes ago, bamaboy said:

5-6 GPH in a 10K wave machine bone stock from the factory is a C average?  Ok

I'm saying accuracy matters when you are admitting you may be off by 40%.  If I borrow $100K but pay you back $60K, is it "close enough"?

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

I'm saying accuracy matters when you are admitting you may be off by 40%.  If I borrow $100K but pay you back $60K, is it "close enough"?

Depends on your perspective I suppose.

To me it means: Either the GPH is freaking amazing or really damn good.  Either way, I'm happy with it.  

• Like 1

I'm at almost exactly 6.0GPH after 128hrs on my 2016 23LSV with the 450 engine, 2277 prop.  This is pretty much a mix of everything, Surf at 3500-3700 RPM's, Wakeboard with heavy ballast around 4000 RPMs, Hydrofoil, Wakeskate and beginner wakeboarding along with a decent amount of 30mph cruising.  I'm very happy with the gas consumption, I was thinking it would be much worse.......