Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tesla style ski boat?? Think it could happen?

sunvalleylaw

9 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

ever see of read atlas shrugged, it's about chrony capitalism which I'd always deciding who will be winners and who will be losers , the economy and capitalism should make those decisions not some one of entity like s government and its "chronies"

I saw an "Ayn Rand is my copilot" bumper sticker on a Ferrari driven by an oil exec, does that count?

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, 67King said:

Multiple times.  Elon Musk could be Hank Reardon, and your cronies could easily be James Taggart and his allies.  One guy creates a new technology with the ability to drastically change teh existing transportation system, by putting his heart, soul, and every penny he owns into the company.  The existing infrastructure uses its political allies to do everyting they can to create doubt, discredit, and otherwise suppress the new technology.  For example, Tesla can't sell in multiple states.  Without exception, the states that have prevented Tesla from entering the market under the - to be blunt - completely bullcrap guise of consumer choice have been run by your cronies.

Why is it that those who claim to want a free market, competition, increased choice, etc. have become the ones who most fervently support the status quo, and do everything they can to prevent innovation from hitting the market?  Well......except financial innovation.  They completely support new and creative ways for the banks to scheme people out of their money.  I mean, credit default swaps?  Really?  That'd be like the bar tender being able to take out a life insurance policy wiht himself as the beneficiary on the biggest drunk who frequents the place and drives home every night.  But let Tesla sell cars in Michigan?  No, can't have that.

Sorry, no one who uses the term "Rino" has any right, whatsoever, to lecture others on "chrony capitalism."

Because somebody is getting paid, just like to establish charging stations to support longer travel, someone is going to have to get paid, someone is always getting paid to prop this s*** up, I'm not taking about sales, profits or salaries, I'm talking about bribes

atlas shrugged my man, don't doubt it could happen with the libs, who want this stuff, in charge so they can run our lives like with carbon taxes on our power plants that end up in higher electricity bills

We did something new, it's called nuclear and the libs killed it, cause it works and doesn't damage anything , remember the snail darter and the Tennessee valley authority , it's just like the delta smelt where we sent all that luxurious built up 2009-2011 record winter precipitation in our damns down stream in 2012 to the San Francisco delta system , now no water reserved that we would still have until this day  in our western reservoirs

snd credit default swaps , the liberal federal government removed hank Greenberg from AIG, the only guy who Knew how to accomplish that task that companies both financial and others use to layoff financial or insurance risks, which large companies have to do .  It's called the secondary insurance market like lloyds of London , nobody shuts them down.   It's always about who the libs will allow to run things, atlas shrugged 

Edited by granddaddy55
33 minutes ago, 67King said:

Multiple times.  Elon Musk could be Hank Reardon, and your cronies could easily be James Taggart and his allies.  One guy creates a new technology with the ability to drastically change teh existing transportation system, by putting his heart, soul, and every penny he owns into the company.  The existing infrastructure uses its political allies to do everyting they can to create doubt, discredit, and otherwise suppress the new technology.  For example, Tesla can't sell in multiple states.  Without exception, the states that have prevented Tesla from entering the market under the - to be blunt - completely bullcrap guise of consumer choice have been run by your cronies.

Why is it that those who claim to want a free market, competition, increased choice, etc. have become the ones who most fervently support the status quo, and do everything they can to prevent innovation from hitting the market?  Well......except financial innovation.  They completely support new and creative ways for the banks to scheme people out of their money.  I mean, credit default swaps?  Really?  That'd be like the bar tender being able to take out a life insurance policy wiht himself as the beneficiary on the biggest drunk who frequents the place and drives home every night.  But let Tesla sell cars in Michigan?  No, can't have that.

Sorry, no one who uses the term "Rino" has any right, whatsoever, to lecture others on "chrony capitalism."

I am not  a rino, I'm a conservative, rinos are the chronies I want to send back home to get a new job other than Washington 

Edited by granddaddy55
25 minutes ago, Woodski said:

The boat may have to wait, Elon has a slightly larger fish to tend to (I didn't think 'fry' would be appropriate here :whistle:) right now:

http://spacenews.com/analysis-disaster-on-the-launchpad-implications-for-spacex-and-the-industry/

I am pretty sure they will sort it out, there are a lot of extremely brilliant people that work at SpaceX.

I am sure they will too.  Wright bros. crashed lots of planes before flying.  Have to break some eggs to move forward.  

15 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

We did something new, it's called nuclear and the libs killed it

False.   Big oil killed nuclear. 

The good news is it's 2016 and it won't happen with electric (again) and hydrogen.  Nuclear is also making a huge come back, France has figured it out. 

• 1 month later...