Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat advice for a newbie: 21' vs 23' LSV

jdsc

Once again I want to say thanks to everyone who has taken the time to provide input and photos. We are definitely doing the LSV, and its now just a matter finding the right boat at the right price....

Right now I can go either way, 21' or 23'. I've looked at a couple if boats, but still looking for just that right combination of low time, good looks(we had the last boat 9 years - wow, how time flies), and options...

If any of you know of a good one in the 30K price range, plus or minus a bit, please let me know or put the seller in touch.

Thanks again.

Jim

We finally sold our old SeaRay inboard/outboard and we are ready to take the next step. We have been looking at Malibu's for a few years and like the layout of the Escape/Sunscape LSV series. Since we ski (recreationally now), 75% of the time, and wake 25%, this looks like the way to go.

Because of budget constraints, we are looking at 2000-2004 models. We like the space of the 23' however I am concerned about the skiability of the larger boat. In talking with some of the local Malibu sales folks, they say the wake behind the 23' is pretty nice. But, can it compare to the smaller 21'? My guess is no, but I am hoping someone can shed some light on this for us so we can make the right decision.

Thanks.

as soon as you buy a boat it becomes to small. you should go with the 24'7. best wakeboarding and wakesurfing boat on the market period. for what its worth. rhino out!