Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

17 22 MXZ

ConnollyCrew

45 minutes ago, Fman said:

Is there anything like this available on the West Coast that you are aware of?  Great idea.... would really be cool to se multiple boats on the same day.

I believe there is one in Utah every year

1 hour ago, Wakesetter67 said:

I'm toying with a switch from my 22 VLX to the New 22 MXZ , Funny I don't remember even seeing an old MXZ on the water around here, And have to admit I really did not care for them, But I like what I see, My dealer is getting one in at the end of the month, Yes I have already picked colors out, And yes I have not said a word to my wife....Sound familiar?

malibu.png

Wait a sec...weren't you just saying something about going back to stock lol...

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Wakesetter67 said:

I'm toying with a switch from my 22 VLX to the New 22 MXZ , Funny I don't remember even seeing an old MXZ on the water around here, And have to admit I really did not care for them, But I like what I see, My dealer is getting one in at the end of the month, Yes I have already picked colors out, And yes I have not said a word to my wife....Sound familiar?

malibu.png

I like you!

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV

I have to say I was never really a fan of the 22 either, but crawled around in a 2017 Friday at my dealer and wow!! I was consider it for sure if I was ordering or buying a new boat. The two they have on the lot are beautiful so not sure if I would even order one lol.

(No I'm not buying a MXZ if my dealer is reading this... :))

• Like 3

@ahopkinsTxi I hear the ski lockers are very small because of the L tanks they are using now?  What is your thought on this?  Apparently the L tank increases ballast capacity and monitors levels with the PnP bag filling to give improved reading on touch dash on ballast level with bag and hard tank.  Did you get a chance to try the center flip around seat?

I got a surf set in behind the new 22MXZ today and it had an awesome surf wave. Very good shape with a lot of push.  I don't know the exact settings that @NAW had it on, but the wedge was not fully deployed and he said it could have gotten even steeper.  This wave I rode was on the starboard (goofy) side and it had a great lip for airs.  More of a firm lip than previous Malibus as well as my Axis.  This boat is going to sale very good. The performance was awesome.  I was pretty stoked to get a chance to ride it today. Thanks for the set Neil.

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV
21 hours ago, Fman said:

@ahopkinsTxi I hear the ski lockers are very small because of the L tanks they are using now?  What is your thought on this?  Apparently the L tank increases ballast capacity and monitors levels with the PnP bag filling to give improved reading on touch dash on ballast level with bag and hard tank.  Did you get a chance to try the center flip around seat?

To be honest I didn't look at the lockers. 

The wakeview seat is nice, but I'm not sure if I would order it to be honest. It disrupts the "flow" of the interior. It's nice if there are only a 2-3 people in the bot but any more then that it gets weird in where people are sitting. Even on the 25. 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Willis717 said:

I got a surf set in behind the new 22MXZ today and it had an awesome surf wave. Very good shape with a lot of push.  I don't know the exact settings that @NAW had it on, but the wedge was not fully deployed and he said it could have gotten even steeper.  This wave I rode was on the starboard (goofy) side and it had a great lip for airs.  More of a firm lip than previous Malibus as well as my Axis.  This boat is going to sale very good. The performance was awesome.  I was pretty stoked to get a chance to ride it today. Thanks for the set Neil.

Thanks for showing a bunch of wakeboarders what good wakesurfing looks like!

The set up is stock tanks 100%, rear pnp full (pre-production wake makers bags w/ autovent) approx 500 lbs each, 200 lbs of lead in the nose and 4 adults.  Wedge at 3 clicks, speed at 10.8.  I have the 450 and standard prop.

I'll get a few pics up soon...to the lake!

On 4 septembre 2016 at 7:40 AM, Fman said:

I have also been playing with some color schemes, I really like the gel lines on this boat....:)

malibu-21_zpsyhu3kyog.png

Thanks guy. You are really good at spending money... I want a new MXZ now. 

My wife is going to kill me ;-)

• Like 2

The set up is stock tanks 100%, rear pnp full (pre-production wake makers bags w/ autovent) approx 500 lbs each, 200 lbs of lead in the nose and 4 adults.  Wedge at 3 clicks, speed at 10.8.  I have the 450 and standard prop.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, ConnollyCrew said:

I finally completed the 17 MXZ 22 demo. I was impressed with most everything about this boat. The boat we demoed had the 410 engine and 450 plug and plays. The wakeboard wake was very rampy compared to my 15 23 LSV. The wake was very meaty as well. I did not boat ride behind it but I definitely regret not taking my stick. The surf wake was very impressive and I DID surf this boat. I adjusted the pw2 to the most mellow setting and The wake still stood with a tall face. This boat can easily be surfed out of the box with only 450 plug and plays with smiles all around. If I decide to go this route I see no reason for any ballast upgrades( keep in mind I am the ballast king with my 23, I run approx 4500#). The surf wake definately had a different feel compared to my 23, but after 3 pulls I easily ran down the face and it made a 360 seem much easier. I can see myself really liking this wake after a few days of pulls. It reminds me slightly of a Nautique wake as it feels slower under my board than my current 23LSV. 

The wetsounds stereo is an improvement from previous but I am not ok with improvement, It looks like I will be a stereo delete guy. Please understand that my current wetsounds system pales most in comparison so i am a bit of an audio snob. If you are n the market for a new wakeboat I would definately give this boat a look. You won't be disappointed!

Man, you and I have the exact same assessment.  Right now I'm in a 2014 LSV...of course that's at the dealer cause I'm ordering a new 22mxz.

There is a way to integrate the stereo black box into your build.  I talked to some stereo people and Tim at Wet Sounds.

A couple people mentioned this, but I would skip the fold out surf seat.  Not a fan and all 3 people at my dealer said it was an overrated option as well.

• Like 1

I agree with what you guys have said. Spent about 4 hours out in one yesterday. Surf wave was very very good for stock plus 450 PNP's. Goofy was 11.2mph wedge at one click from Ramp. Regular was 11.0 same wedge. Wakeboard was 22.5mph full ballast with PNP wedge at ramp. @hunter77ah can speak to specifics of the wakeboard wake. I would also skip the fold out seat. Just takes up too much cabin space when out.

Few pictures:

7AD1FB26-CD75-413D-B006-D1A0B38A548D.jpg

DCB61656-14A8-433B-B63F-1979515CC280.jpg

6B614B3F-781B-466A-8FA6-0E7BD20C9A3B.jpg

3316DDCC-E5F9-4F8D-89B6-1C1AE0023687.jpg

D30B3334-2224-4A90-BC54-AB8E946933B3.jpg

C7585CF9-3427-4693-B12A-433894CB5C9F.jpg

7790B9A3-4AA9-4D14-B7E0-93733D4B6788.jpg

0FA5FA22-EEC4-422B-BA5E-5DD47536C1B8.jpg

3D0D10C8-F100-4FCD-9FCE-B4DF9423E76E.jpg

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 8:31 PM, ConnollyCrew said:

MSRP was approx 140

i assume it will be able to be purchased maybe 100-110 ish... Just my guess 

If you get them to 100k, you my friend have done your negotiating homework!!!!

• Like 1