Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ordered new Raptor today

surfdude

On 9/28/2016 at 8:01 AM, ConnollyCrew said:

Hmmm, I will check it out. I am a Ford dealer and last check Shelby industries informed me they were not producing but they did allow an upfit company to use their name likeness for an F150 package. If it Is being built by Shelby Industries I will see how many I can get!!

Thanks 

Our weather is still great, wish you and belongsinprison and your kid would come down for a shred and a party weekend 

I wish I would have known you were a dealer, I would have called, but I did get kbb lowest fair (5 minutes inside cause I said I had done my homework and there was a competing truck across the river -so $4500 from them) before $7500 from Ford, would have been 8500 if I had been a Ford guy, their giving them away, and they over traded on kbb by $530 for my 167000 mi 27 yr old ram at $2000), only missing the 40,20,40 console and big tank for a 302a model (w/2.7) with the 3.73 e lock, love setting cruise and watching this 2.7 beast do its thing pulling my boat over the flyovers

Edited by granddaddy55
  • Like 2

While I'm not in the market for another year or so, I've been pondering a question. My dealer has stated he is selling the new Raptor for MSRP. I could get one I want for mid  $60's. With the resale on these things so high, would it be better to buy a Raptor at full MSRP and pay $10-15k (this delta may be off since I havent tried to negotiate a price on one) more than a similarly equipped Lariat or maybe even a Platinum? Most used Raptors I have seen in the area are still selling for mid to high $30's even with higher mileage. I'd expect the new ones to resale better than the old model. I never consider a vehicle purchase an investment, but does it make financial sense to buy a more expensive model because of resale value? 

Only time will tell for sure but as stock comes into dealers, the premium over MSRP will likely go away. For that reason, I wouldn't consider it on the Raptor - I don't follow them real close, but this scenario was always similar with the Cobra's when they used to come out.  Premium was paid for many early adopters, but even by mid-year, that premium eroded.   

Old Raptor sold last Friday for 45000$ with 41300 miles. I paid 49000$ for it 3 years ago. Had to pay msrp for the new Raptor, so I probably won't do quite as well this time around. New Raptor will be delivered next week sometime. The new ones have went up about 10000$ when optioned about the same. I think this will also hurt resale.

Edited by surfdude
  • Like 3
  • 5 weeks later...

At last The Raptor finally got here! For some reason site won't let me post a picture. Says my file is too big. This truck is a beast! Feels like your driving a much larger truck, than the last two Raptors that I have owned. Completely different!

@surfdude

How are you liking the Raptor?  Question about the terrain management system, do they have a setting that can firm up the ride for towing?  Have you had the opportunity to tow anything (in this short time) or hook up the boat to see the amount of sag it has?

For who have towed with a Raptor, how bad is the sag with the boat hooked up.

My dealer is pricing one for me at their initiative, as they claim they want my platinum, and if the numbers are good I'm considering pulling the trigger.

Just got back from a ski trip, so the Raptor sat all week. Has about 300 miles on it now. It seems like a completely different animal than the last 2 Raptors I've owned. The suspension has a more off-road feel than the old version. The terrain management system changes engine and steering response, not stiffness. Never had any problem towing an LSV with the last two Raptors, hopefully this one will be fine also. Boat is in storage. So I'll have to find something else to hook up to.

5 hours ago, nyryan2001 said:

I'm just gonna leave this here.  Not all that impressive?

For a stock truck, it's pretty impressive. Not gonna rule any chipped and exhaust modified diesels, but they couldn't hold a candle to it 10 ft off the pavement.

• 2 months later...

Well, so much for the new Raptor, tranny is toast at 3500 miles. Was supposed to go pick up the boat tomorrow, haven't even towed yet! Beware, the new Chevy has the same tranny.

On 2/12/2017 at 8:16 PM, surfdude said:

You can put this truck in Baja mode, computer keeps the turbos fully spooled for max response = pretty crazy sh$$t!

17 minutes ago, surfdude said:

Well, so much for the new Raptor, tranny is toast at 3500 miles. Was supposed to go pick up the boat tomorrow, haven't even towed yet! Beware, the new Chevy has the same tranny.

Reminds me of when the Nissan GTR came out and everyone was using launch mode and dropping trannys.

That sucks.  I haven't heard any reports (positive or negative) on the new 10 speed.  

I am pretty sure that GM is only using them in the Camaro right now - delayed launch on the SUVs and 1500's.

I hope you get it fixed quickly.

Bummer.  This puts some of the recent boat quality vs car quality issues in perspective.  Unfortunately, things can and do go wrong with either.  Hope Ford gets you back on the road quickly.  I heard shipment of that tranny was an early issue so hope you aren't waiting on a fix for long.