Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

$79,995 - The Official 2017 21VLX Thread

NWBU

For the demo last weekend, dealer was driving with the 550 pip in the back, wedge (close to max) and only me as bow weight, it was running hard.  Sounded similar to the 3900rpm that the mxz was running.

I wanted to get specifics, but there were other people along for the demo and the sales guy knew I wasn't going to buy it.

Less torque capability, but I'm sure propped right with the raptor 410 and size of that boat it will have plenty of power for anything you want to throw at it.  My previous boat had the 409 with that same transmission and I had no issue with running out of throttle.  I was running the 2315 and OJ 948.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

I did the same thing.  Every new beer would bring a new design.  The only problem...the next morning when I found out, oh...I never saved anything!

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Rceider said:

Has anyone picked up their 2017 21 VLX yet?    

Mine arrives at the dealership this week.  Im going to take the day off to take delivery on the 31st.  Can't wait! 

30 minutes ago, SCMike said:

Mine arrives at the dealership this week.  Im going to take the day off to take delivery on the 31st.  Can't wait! 

I know yours is on the way. Just wondered if there was anyone else.  I guess I have to wait for you to start posting!  So hurry up!!

2 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

You are really going to make me say POIDH?? ;)

Unfortunately, I've had it for a month and it still hasn't gotten wet yet.  That will change this weekend and I'll report back.

2 hours ago, oldjeep said:

OK, so first - pics

and second, it seems we will never know if a prop change improved the 2016+ vtx ski wake

Sure you will...there's no debate about that, just HOW good it could get.  :lol:

• 1 month later...

Has anyone surfed behind the 2017 21VLX?  I am ready to put an order, but have yet to see any feedback from an owner or someone that has surfed behind one. All I've been able to find online are the marketing videos or the press release. However,  I did demo the boat and the wave looked nice, but I'm a very new to wake surfing. 

I understand that bigger boats may make a better wave, but I really can't go over 4,000 pounds.  Will this boat produce a decent wave or will there be major issues?

Thanks!!

Anyone know if this price point/setup will carry over into the 2018 21VLX? Does anyone know if Malibu plans to continue for long term? 

6 minutes ago, zmongoose said:

Has anyone surfed behind the 2017 21VLX?  I am ready to put an order, but have yet to see any feedback from an owner or someone that has surfed behind one. All I've been able to find online are the marketing videos or the press release. However,  I did demo the boat and the wave looked nice, but I'm a very new to wake surfing. 

I understand that bigger boats may make a better wave, but I really can't go over 4,000 pounds.  Will this boat produce a decent wave or will there be major issues?

Thanks!!

i haven't surfed mine yet either but did at 3.5 hours fill ballast to take a peek and I can tell u this...You won't be disappointed.  If you ride an M235 and then compare, are they in same league, no, but its a better factory user friendly wake that even existed not long ago.  Actually, its a better wave than that of a lot of boats even after being dialed than a few years ago.

33701151164_03cda1bacf_b.jpg

Here is mine. I picked it up last week. I got out and put 3.5 hours on Sunday but have yet to get behind it. This is no wedge, no ballast! Just 10.5mph with surfgate 

34413528061_f556281816_b.jpg34502250006_9acd200eb1_b.jpg33701261514_659d7ec7c3_b.jpg

• Like 4