Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

$79,995 - The Official 2017 21VLX Thread

NWBU

3 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

I have no idea, litterally I have never seen one in the wild.   It does seem odd to abandon that segment, UNLESS it is not profitable.  Which it should be profitable, all costs are sunk costs, on current version.  

I see them all the time, they are where the surf boats are not and out before you wake up ;). Not sure what it is now but used to be 50+ promos a year.

There are 19 used txi for sale on ski-it-again alone right now.

Edited by oldjeep
2 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

I see them all the time, they are where the surf boats are not and out before you wake up ;)

I didn't think you could ski before sunrise?  That's usually when I get there.   ?

5 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

I have no idea, litterally I have never seen one in the wild.   It does seem odd to abandon that segment, UNLESS it is not profitable.  Which it should be profitable, all costs are sunk costs, on current version.  

Also with tow boats there isn't much in the way of innovation. An EFI echelon from 93 is not likely all that much different from a brand new response aside from speed control which can be added. 

With wake boats you have wedge upgrades. Automated ballast, wake view seating, fancier towers, lots of reasons to upgrade each year. 

Just now, hethj7 said:

Read above.  It may not be offered now. It isn't in the 2017 manual. 

Wait now. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. :)

1 minute ago, mrnate450r said:

I haven't yet. Will probably go spec one in the next few weeks. 

I got a build sheet about a week ago. But who knows?

1 minute ago, hethj7 said:

Read above.  It may not be offered now. It isn't in the 2017 manual. 

Highly doubt it.  I'd guess that the reason you are not seeing any 2017 22VLX is because they are exactly the same as the 2016, so they are spending their time building the new stuff.  Local dealer has a 2017 MXZ24 and 2017 21VLX so far

• Like 1
Just now, oldjeep said:

Highly doubt it.  I'd guess that the reason you are not seeing any 2017 22VLX is because they are exactly the same as the 2016, so they are spending their time building the new stuff.  Local dealer has a 2017 MXZ24 and 2017 21VLX so far

That's a good point. They need to get rid of inventory. But, I see 2017 23LSVs out there?

Just now, oldjeep said:

Wouldn't the same hold true for the 23 & 25 LSV?

• Like 1
Just now, saxton15 said:

When the 22 VLX came out, it also wasn't posted in the 2015 manual this early in the year.  It was only later in the fall that it was added.

Yes but 21 VLX is a NEW boat and in the manual.  Existing boats are in the manual except 22VLX,  20MXZ (Dead), and the response series.  So it's different an unreleased boat missing vs. An established boat missing....

My buddy has a 22' limit on his lake and is ready to order a 22VLX. Like NOW. This will torpedo that idea so hopefully it's not true. I guess their are left overs to pick from. :)

12 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

Yes but 21 VLX is a NEW boat and in the manual.  Existing boats are in the manual except 22VLX,  20MXZ (Dead), and the response series.  So it's different an unreleased boat missing vs. An established boat missing....

"20 MXZ (Dead)"   Why so harsh on my poor little MXZ?

4 minutes ago, pauley71 said:

My buddy has a 22' limit on his lake and is ready to order a 22VLX. Like NOW. This will torpedo that idea so hopefully it's not true. I guess their are left overs to pick from. :)

@Fman and i heard there may be some freaky nice used ones coming up soon

@gordon20mxz i am absolutely the last guy on here to hate on MXZ...?

Edited by DarkSide
34 minutes ago, pauley71 said:

If it is dropped, I might be looking to unload mine while "VLX" still means "small LSV," rather than "entry/value."  And I still haven't even finished installing the stereo.  :(

If they are dropping the 22, what is the reasoning for the 98" beam on the 21?  Is it really that much cheaper to build? Or could it be so that it sits lower on the trailer and makes the boat now be able to fit under a standard garage door?