Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Service Required Engine Fault

DanTheRiverMan

DanTheRiverMan

I have a 2012 Wakesetter and I have been getting a service required- engine fault with an error code: SPN:65551 FMI:1 Data Valid But Below Normal Range 

Can someone please tell me what this is and how it can be fixed? Thanks!

65551 is a knock sensor code for the knock sensor on the bank 1 side of the engine. Bank 1 is the side of the engine with cylinders 1,3,5,7. check to make sure the sensor is plugged in tight and that the wires are not broken and the connector is not corroded. The sensor is in the side of the engine block in the block drain hole. If the code persists, try swapping the sensors from side to side to see if the issue stays on the bank 1 side or moves to bank 2 where it would be a 65552 code.

DanTheRiverMan

Ok thanks! I am having trouble finding where the sensor is located. Can you give anymore detail to where that is? I figured out which side is bank 1, just don't know where the block drain hole is.

DanTheRiverMan

Ok i switched out the sensors and its still giving me the same fault on bank 1 side. What else could it be?

You will probably need to get the code cleared by a dealer that has a scan tool.  If it is not the sensor it could be a bad wire, connector or ECM.

Are you using the recommended octane fuel? If so and it runs well I wouldn't worry about it. Clean the contacts in any case. Have it checked next time it's convenient to get to the dealer.

• 8 months later...