Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 BOAT DELIVERY

ah2oguy

8 hours ago, Suggy said:

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay?

I don't mind you asking but you'll have to call Waterski America and ask them what they would charge you.

• Like 2

I just saw a new bu on a tri axle trailer headed west through Oklahoma on I40. Someone is getting close to having a good time! I could not tell model/color due to the shipping cover. 

11 hours ago, scottmcn1 said:

Got our M235 out on the water this weekend!

IMG_7261_zpsmdbmbyrt.jpg

Great looking M. Congrats. It looks like a lot of it is underwater and could be the pic but the water also looks shallow to me.

Out of curiosity what's the depth comfort level on these boats? 

10 hours ago, Zac said:

Great looking M. Congrats. It looks like a lot of it is underwater and could be the pic but the water also looks shallow to me.

Out of curiosity what's the depth comfort level on these boats? 

Ballasts are empty in the picture so that's how it sits when it's empty.  It's probably in about 4 feet of water in the picture at our local sandbar.  The draft is 32" so it's only about 5" deeper than my old MXZ.  I never beach my boats so it's really not a big issue for us as we are always deep enough that the boat is still floating.

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 7:43 PM, Monkeybutt said:

and boat is now officially baptized ;-) (and not in a literal sense ...) they had to wait a bit longer than the rest of the crew for their first outing

final-55_zpst5rn0rlo.jpg

he's not so sure about this yet ...

final-99_zpsdi01skkj.jpg

but his sister seems pretty comfy and the older one is in his usual spot

Just a quick question about the Pups.  I am about to pick up my 17 in a few days and plan on taking my large dogs out quite a bit.  How is the newer interior material holding up to the nails? 

2 hours ago, KentC said:

Just a quick question about the Pups.  I am about to pick up my 17 in a few days and plan on taking my large dogs out quite a bit.  How is the newer interior material holding up to the nails? 

can only speak from prior boat experience (Epic) but the male in the 2nd picture has been on the previous boat for 2 seasons as well as a female we lost last year.  Obviously trimming their nails is a must but the vinyl didn't show stress signs because of the dogs.  The swim platform was a different story - the seadek definitely took a beating here - maybe because that's how we got them back into the boat when beaching ... their claws left marks there but not much inside the boat as they weren't holding on to it.  One thing I won't do again is letting him jump in the front - he did this every single time on my old boat and scratched gel coat - so I'll have to teach him a different way of getting an and out of the boat.

We have a 75lb pointer mix that absolutely LOVES the boat.   It is the ONLY thing in her life that will get her to leave her station guarding the squirrel she has treed.   All I have to do is walk outside and say "wanna go on the boat" and she is at my side.   Im a little worried about damaging the seadek on the swim platform, but I guess if there is a place where I will tolerate it, it is probably there.   Maybe a good thing that I went with carpet in the interior for now if the seadek is susceptible to dog claws.   Anyway, have been looking at "Soft Paws" which are essentially nylon caps for claws.   I had good luck with the old boat with keeping her claws trimmed, and walking her enough that they were not sharp, but that was with a 20 year old boat.   I imagine I will be a little pickier with the 17 VLX.

We don't take him on the boat that much, but for my Choc lab, I throw a towel on the sea deck swim platform to help prevent claw destruction, does a great job. Vinyl never had an issue.

ahopkins22LSV

Dogs nails don't do much to vinyl. Cats nails would, but dogs don't have those sharp nails like a cat. My mastiff/lab is 120lbs and ours has held up well over the past 3 years. 

On 4/30/2017 at 1:22 PM, jesseellisbaker said:

Finally got my 23LSV home and ready to hit the lake for break in!  Color scheme turned out better than expected!

IMG_3335_zpsbpdvs6qm.jpg

IMG_3337_zps2lkvqc5w.jpg

love the garage set up and sharp boat

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, HPetit said:

Has anyones build been delayed? My spray date got pushed back to the end of may. 

I heard it's because the staff has been extra busy searching for zip ties, assorted hardware and missing tools in all the new boats - something about improving quality control and client satisfaction.

• Like 3
On 5/5/2017 at 8:26 PM, HPetit said:

Has anyones build been delayed? My spray date got pushed back to the end of may. 

When did you order? I ordered a 21 VLX Feb 20th and got a spray date of May 24th which is further out than I was told it would be when I ordered.

ahopkins22LSV
14 hours ago, HPetit said:

March 15th may 25th spray date. I think my order was pushed back for bigger purchases. 

I really don't think this is the case. 2-2.5 months is what it is taking right now and I know people that have ordered a new TXi and 25 LSV. They both fell in that range. 

Your dealer at the beginning of the year committed for spray dates at certain times.  If your order coincides with one the dealer has upcoming, you get it quicker.  If the order is a new "addition", it will get in line behind other orders for that model.  The spray dates are spaced by model not financial priority as someone suggested.  If you ordered a VTX or maybe an A20, could be built faster than an MXZ or 21 VLX if the order was not already placed "pre-season".

• Like 1
18 hours ago, JeffC said:

Took delivery yesterday, maidened today.  Love everything about this boat  We absolutely had a blast!

VNueHYTh.jpg 

All of your debate paid off nicely, beautiful boat.  Never ceases to amaze me how many different great color combos there are