Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Leave before the party is over or stay until revelers are gone?

RedOwl

This happens in our bay every year at the 4th. We usually idle towards the shore, while all the other boats are speeding the other way. Once I get inside the row of big sail boats that are there for the night I start following the shoreline towards my lift. It usually works great. 

1 hour ago, formulaben said:

Wait, are you saying that there is actually a human alive that is bothered by butter on steak?! :frantic:

No one that is welcome on this forum any longer...

:whistle:

14 minutes ago, ibelonginprison said:

This sticker is on my boat for a reason......

IMG_4174_zpsbplev0yb.jpg

Clearly one of said 'bad decisions' is NOT your choice of 'murican flag board shorts.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, formulaben said:

Wait, are you saying that there is actually a human alive that is bothered by butter on steak?! :frantic:

My filet recipe from the net:

This is how we used to cook it in a 3-star restaurant in NY.
Our filets were 6 oz portions about 2" thick and roughly 2.5"-3" in diameter. First get a thick, heavy pan nice and hot over medium flame. While it's getting hot, season your filet generously with salt and pepper, also get ready 1/2 stick of butter, 4 cloves of garlic lightly smashed, 2 sprigs of thyme, 2 sprigs of rosemary. Add 2 Tbsp of oil to the pan, and heat until just before smoking point, set your steak into oil flat side down, turn the gas down by half, and sear the steak for roughly 2 minutes until the flat side starts caramelizing. Flip the steak over on the other side, add the butter first and then right away all the herbs and garlic. The thyme might pop a little. Then proceed basting the filet with the butter (that shouldn't burn, just melt and foam a little) several times over the next 9 minutes for a medium rare. add 2-3 minutes cooking time for each following temperature. The steak comes out amazingly moist and flavorful that way.

BTW grilling a filet is a travesty. Filet is notoriously lean and grill fire is notoriously dry. So when u grill the filet you end up sucking out what little moisture it does have, for that dry outside mushy inside feel.

1 hour ago, Michigan boarder said:

Last.  Always last.

Perfect example last night:  We went to a Goo Goo Dolls concert at a local small venue (Frederik Meijer Gardens).  At the end of the show, the parking lot is completely jammed up.  We pulled out our beach chairs and sat on the pavement next to our car, drinking beers and shelling peanuts.  Had some other people join us.  Lots of laughs.  Eventually that turned into "So, where are we going now?" from two unrelated groups of strangers, we all were just having a blast.  But, I had to work today, so we left while they all went to a local tap house.

Should have hit me up, I can hear the concerts from my front porch and have the boat home.  Meijer gardens is best as a leave early, it backs up hardcore. Or do what I do and bring a bike!

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, ibelonginprison said:

This sticker is on my boat for a reason......

IMG_4174_zpsbplev0yb.jpg

Where did you get the sticker?  I need to be reminded of that every time I step into the wake board.

1 hour ago, 95echelon said:

Should have hit me up, I can hear the concerts from my front porch and have the boat home.  Meijer gardens is best as a leave early, it backs up hardcore. Or do what I do and bring a bike!

We will be back, seeing OAR on September 1st - we should have beers!

Just now, mikeo said:

Personally I like having a place on the water where I can tie up and then go "watch" the activity on the launch ramp MST3K style with a few friends. 

Couple weeks ago I got to do that after the hot boat races on my lake. I live on the lake but couldn't help running over to gawk. This thing sunk on the sandbar earlier in the day. they had to tie it to a dozen floating buoy things to get it here:

2016-07-10%2018.05.30.jpg

2 hours ago, RedOwl said:

No one that is welcome on this forum any longer...

:whistle:

Clearly one of said 'bad decisions' is NOT your choice of 'murican flag board shorts.

These shorts and my bald eagle head mask get worn three times a year and are staples on Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day weekends. 

?

2 hours ago, minnmarker said:

Where did you get the sticker?  I need to be reminded of that every time I step into the wake board.

Ha - my wife designed it and cut it for me.

Mustachio rides shotgun on all our cars and boards, and most of our friends cars and boats. He's popular.

Usually he goes with my other sticker. "I Just Wanna Do Hoodrat Shhhh With My Friends"

only, "shhhh" is another word, with an * in place of the "i"