Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First morning of vacation

braindamage

13 minutes ago, braindamage said:

Full line 34 mph. It puts me just behind the rooster.

love it!!

Man, I give you a lot of credit for the 34 mph pull!  That's fast, but it sure makes the wake look beautiful!

Gordon

9 hours ago, gordon20mxz said:

Man, I give you a lot of credit for the 34 mph pull!  That's fast, but it sure makes the wake look beautiful!

Gordon

I go either 32 or 34. When I was younger I would ski 22 off at 36. Deep v I/O and that's where the wake was best.

ahopkins22LSV
19 hours ago, gordon20mxz said:

Gordon

Welcome to slalom skiing :biggrin: fast speeds and zero wake. 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Welcome to slalom skiing :biggrin: fast speeds and zero wake. 

ahopkins,

Yeah, I know, that speed has always scared me.  I guess am not athletic enough.  Unfortunately, I have never been able to get through the course, even on a long line.  But I started skiing when I was about 40 years old, a little late in the game.  My 11 year son has free slalomed skied already (when I had a 2000 Ski Nautique) and right now is enjoying surfing a lot.  However, last week I put out a starting gate and four buoys for my son, he LOVED aiming for and turning around the buoys.  He may be hooked!  And I might start slalom skiing again.  Now, I have started to look around for a used direct drive.  My wife thinks I am crazy.

ahopkins22LSV
21 minutes ago, gordon20mxz said:

ahopkins,

Yeah, I know, that speed has always scared me.  I guess am not athletic enough.  Unfortunately, I have never been able to get through the course, even on a long line.  But I started skiing when I was about 40 years old, a little late in the game.  My 11 year son has free slalomed skied already (when I had a 2000 Ski Nautique) and right now is enjoying surfing a lot.  However, last week I put out a starting gate and four buoys for my son, he LOVED aiming for and turning around the buoys.  He may be hooked!  And I might start slalom skiing again.  Now, I have started to look around for a used direct drive.  My wife thinks I am crazy.

That is awesome!! Id suggest looking for a 2013-15 vtx then!

• Like 1

On 7/21/2016 at 6:47 PM, braindamage said:

Went to short's brewery in Bellaire. A definite must visit if anyone is around the traverse city area. We did a beer tasting tour yesterday and today and it was head and shoulders above the rest!!

I was unfortunately on vacation same week as you :( so i was out of Michigan. Here is my blunder years picture (taken outside of shorts brewery on opening day April 16th 2004). My buddies band played their opening party. THey have come a long way distribution wise, but their beer was great day 1...

IMG_0976_1.jpg

Family place on crystal or did you rent?

• Like 1
12 hours ago, 95echelon said:

I was unfortunately on vacation same week as you :( so i was out of Michigan. Here is my blunder years picture (taken outside of shorts brewery on opening day April 16th 2004). My buddies band played their opening party. THey have come a long way distribution wise, but their beer was great day 1...

IMG_0976_1.jpg

I grew up on crystal and now own a cottage next to my parent's house. It's awesome and I love it there!!

i rent it when I'm not there.

IMG_0976_1.jpg

Awesome picture!! I didn't realize short's has been there that long.

On 7/23/2016 at 4:30 AM, gordon20mxz said:

ahopkins,

Its never to late to start!  

IMG_0976_1.jpg

Where are you in Michigan?

10 hours ago, braindamage said:

Where are you in Michigan?

Grand Rapids for Home, and Coldwater (down by the indiana border) for the lake place

26 minutes ago, 95echelon said:

Grand Rapids for Home, and Coldwater (down by the indiana border) for the lake place

On north lake? I just google map'd it. It's nice to have a lake pace so close.

16 minutes ago, braindamage said:

On north lake? I just google map'd it. It's nice to have a lake pace so close.

You can see my pontoon out front... (two actually) We are on Marble Lake: https://goo.gl/maps/so18Y8YBNKG2

Unfortunately it's about 1:45 with the pedal down and no food stops. 2:30 with kids and the rare occasion I have the boat at home and need to drag it back.

Edited by 95echelon

You can see my pontoon out front... (two actually) We are on Marble Lake: https://goo.gl/maps/so18Y8YBNKG2

Unfortunately it's about 1:45 with the pedal down and no food stops. 2:30 with kids and the rare occasion I have the boat at home and need to drag it back.

Looks like a good waterski lake...long and skinny and almost always calm.

Edited by braindamage
On 7/27/2016 at 11:41 PM, braindamage said:

Looks like a good waterski lake...long and skinny and almost always calm.

Not bad when there isnt traffic. Having this sandbar right across the bay is both a blessing and a curse. Draws people from hundreds of miles away. Stop in sometime on your way up north! I got room for another inboard on the beach...