Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boaters pulling tubes...

Cmb396

8 hours ago, SoDakSooner said:

I don't have a problem with tubers. We usually just quit and watch the hijinx.  We are typically out early enough to board that we are done by the time they show up.  We were at a different lake (Grand Lake in OK) this weekend and it was tubers from 8am till dark.  Tried to get a quick surf set in right at dark, and even then it was futile(didn't have any weight in the boat either, so that didn't help).  Even in the coves, that lake is insane.  Lake houses all over and every one has a dock and a tube. (Also a ton of Malibu's)

I occasionally pull tubes, but even with no ballast the line off the pylon gets caught in the wake.  Plus my boat turns like a pig, with even a few people in it, so it isn't much fun as I can't sling them like i could with my i/o years ago (lots of cavitation too if I go too sharply).  I was pulling a bunch from my son's baseball team this weekend, and the other boat in our group, a 24' Rinker deck boat,  came over after a few runs. They all abandoned me for the i/o.  Can't say i was disappointed.  We just went out and cruised and looked at lake houses after that.

We we're at Grand lake too. Aquapalooza was crazy. I told my wife this is why our 20' Malibu is too small for grand. I saw a 27' pontoon get all the way out of the water.  Crazy boaters. I was parked and a rented jetski yahoo almost hit us. I decided to load up after that

16 hours ago, teamerickson said:

IDK? Axis manual says to use it. Don't know about the Malibu manual?

9EA05E7A-08BB-431B-9513-6EAD6E70EF09_zps

Yep,  but you have a "new" Axis.  I have a 13 year old VLX with a Skylon Swoop...Big difference.... :)

12 hours ago, Okladadadam said:

We we're at Grand lake too. Aquapalooza was crazy. I told my wife this is why our 20' Malibu is too small for grand. I saw a 27' pontoon get all the way out of the water.  Crazy boaters. I was parked and a rented jetski yahoo almost hit us. I decided to load up after that

We didn't go over there.  Too crazy for me.  No way would I have an echelon/response out there.  We were at Lake of the ozarks a couple of years ago(didn't take the boat) while aqualpalooza was going on.  We were staying across the cove.  The boat wakes actually broke the breakwater for the condo we were staying at. My boat is too small for that too.

• Like 1

I stop so the wake is no longer available to them.

I tend to get angry when safety is a concern.

Courtesy at the dock for loading/unloading is at an all time high at my lake...people are clueless at how to keep things moving smoothly 

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 3:32 PM, teamerickson said:

IDK? Axis manual says to use it.

I've pulled a couple of tubes that would sometimes play submarine, putting a huge load on my transom.  Don't know if I'd want this load on my tower, even if approved.

I don't really have a problem with tubers, if they have a good time on a saturday afternoon, i can't blame them for making waves on the lake. Then again, our lake is not very busy and we almost exclusively surf. If we're not surfing and just cruising around in the afternoon, i even happened to make a couple turns at 15mph for the tubers to jump. I wouldnt do that if there were skiers or wakeboarders around though. We are always the same 10-15 boats on the lake, and it is a playground on the weekends so why not. Everyone seems to get along fine. I have not had bad experiences with jetskis coming too close while surfing, although i'm always ready to react if someone came too close. I can't say there are very good skiers/wakeboarders on the lake so i don't think many people are bothered by our wakes. If you're floating around in the middle of the lake in the afternoon, there will be wakes. If you're floating around in a cove, you will be quiet.

1 hour ago, JulioEstevez said:

I don't really have a problem with tubers, if they have a good time on a saturday afternoon, i can't blame them for making waves on the lake. Then again, our lake is not very busy and we almost exclusively surf. If we're not surfing and just cruising around in the afternoon, i even happened to make a couple turns at 15mph for the tubers to jump. I wouldnt do that if there were skiers or wakeboarders around though. We are always the same 10-15 boats on the lake, and it is a playground on the weekends so why not. Everyone seems to get along fine. I have not had bad experiences with jetskis coming too close while surfing, although i'm always ready to react if someone came too close. I can't say there are very good skiers/wakeboarders on the lake so i don't think many people are bothered by our wakes. If you're floating around in the middle of the lake in the afternoon, there will be wakes. If you're floating around in a cove, you will be quiet.

I like to reserve until 10am for regular sports (ski, wake, fish etc) and also after 8pm (dusk). It pisses me off to no end when we have tubes / lake lice / people running their tower speakers early or late. Our lake is very busy and you can only really wakeboard in the morning or evening.

On ours we have two "camp grounds" on the lake. They are jam packed with trailers and boat lifts. My wife theorizes that when you have 10 overweight Ohioans (they come to our lakes because they don't have their own) sleeping on top of each other in a 5th wheel that the logical choice is to load up the tritoon and tow the kids around in tubes at 8am... Can't say I blame them, but at 8 am I am used to the sound of a nice V8, the occasional bass boat, and wildlife.