Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How do all of you do it?

95echelon

8 minutes ago, 95echelon said:

This 3/4" hose has a really slow queso fill rate. I either need to heat it somehow or upgrade to reversibles.

I keep my ballast cheese viscosity around 85% with my Harbor Freight Meglinator.

1 hour ago, Michigan boarder said:

I keep my ballast cheese viscosity around 85% with my Harbor Freight Meglinator.

What's your paddle size? Do you think you could add a suction cup and enhance your cheese wake?

Od4NPXs8dX-6.png

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Seems to me you just need to buy an F150 and then all your problems would be solved. 

But seriously, do they not sell beer or food where you are going? 

• 2 weeks later...

We have a 4door crew cab chevy. We now can barely get it all to fit.  We do not load up the boat tho.  We used to be able to haul 6 of us with old boat in my yukon and it all fit. But now I bring 5 surf boards along with everything else.  The items we bring expands to the amount of room available to haul.

For our week at the lake last week

Crewcab 5ft 7" box pickup with 4 people in the cab, 2 kayaks on the ladder racks, 2 inflatable paddleboards in the rear locker, 2 sets of combos, 2 slalom skis, 2 wakeboards, 1 enormous food cooler, 1 normal sized beer cooler, 4 suit cases, bunch of bags of food.  No problem.  Did wind up putting 2 suitcases on the floor of the boat but everything fit fine.

For our 4 day weekend at the lake last weekend (only a 1:45 drive):

Car - Jeep Wrangler 4 door.  Family of 5 of us in the seats, dog in the back with her bed and stuff.

Boat - Echelon Lx.  1 set of ski's, 1 team ski, 1 slalom ski, 2 wakeboards, prop saver kit, cooler, boat cover, deflated tube, several ropes, jackets plus spares, barefoot boom, food for the entire stay, wife's 2 bags, my cinch bag, 2 ripsticks, bucket of sidewalk chalk.  I forgot the weed trimmer, or that would have gone too.  I wished I would have brought the two SUP's, lake and weather were beautiful all weekend.  On the way home I added 3 sets of skis to that equation (old Cypress Gardens stuff I'm going to refinish), plus some misc oil and boat products, and a tote of stuff from the basement.

We bought beer when we got there, but that's just because my wife failed to get it ahead of time.

Daily trips are definitely easier when it's the local lake a couple blocks away. Load up the golf cart with the foil, 2 paddleboards, AO cooler, beach chairs, BBQ & some food & off we go.

But a week trip is definitely a challenge & the Avalanche never fails to meet it. We often have a dog or two or a couple more adults, but no kids. Rankin cover keeps all the gear in the boat & not all over the road. The AO cooler stuffed in the seat behind the driver is still the place to store the cold beer. Plus we have a 2nd AO bag cooler that is usually sitting in the walk thru area.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/9/2016 at 10:53 AM, Michigan boarder said:

For our 4 day weekend at the lake last weekend (only a 1:45 drive):

Car - Jeep Wrangler 4 door.  Family of 5 of us in the seats, dog in the back with her bed and stuff.

Boat - Echelon Lx.  1 set of ski's, 1 team ski, 1 slalom ski, 2 wakeboards, prop saver kit, cooler, boat cover, deflated tube, several ropes, jackets plus spares, barefoot boom, food for the entire stay, wife's 2 bags, my cinch bag, 2 ripsticks, bucket of sidewalk chalk.  I forgot the weed trimmer, or that would have gone too.  I wished I would have brought the two SUP's, lake and weather were beautiful all weekend.  On the way home I added 3 sets of skis to that equation (old Cypress Gardens stuff I'm going to refinish), plus some misc oil and boat products, and a tote of stuff from the basement.

We bought beer when we got there, but that's just because my wife failed to get it ahead of time.

Last weekend I added the two SUP's to the haul.  Plenty of room.  Also 6 ballast bags in their original boxes, and the Uber pump, and 2 Hyperlite wakesurf boards.

7 hours ago, Michigan boarder said:

Last weekend I added the two SUP's to the haul.  Plenty of room.  Also 6 ballast bags in their original boxes, and the Uber pump, and 2 Hyperlite wakesurf boards.

So did the surf shaper work?

27 minutes ago, 95echelon said:

So did the surf shaper work?

Unfortunately, no.  I was going to take some pics.  The cups are too big to fit in the step down area at the chine, and when I place it above that spot it is too high out of the water and shoots a 4' high rooster tail.  So I went without it and tried to just surf the bags.  Had a bag leak.  Wife fell on the rope and got a mark on her chin.  Son couldn't figure out how not to pearl.  I could not find a sweet spot, no push.  Had to quit early to go to my parents to comfort my mom, step dad died.  Lousy day and weekend overall.

Just now, Michigan boarder said:

Unfortunately, no.  I was going to take some pics.  The cups are too big to fit in the step down area at the chine, and when I place it above that spot it is too high out of the water and shoots a 4' high rooster tail.  So I went without it and tried to just surf the bags.  Had a bag leak.  Wife fell on the rope and got a mark on her chin.  Son couldn't figure out how not to pearl.  I could not find a sweet spot, no push.  Had to quit early to go to my parents to comfort my mom, step dad died.  Lousy day and weekend overall.

Crap. Ping me if you come to GR again. I have some tiny suction cups for replacing glass screens on iMacs that I can give you.

Just now, 95echelon said:

Crap. Ping me if you come to GR again. I have some tiny suction cups for replacing glass screens on iMacs that I can give you.

Thanks, but I am done for the season.  I think I'll make up a teak deck gate over the winter.

• 3 weeks later...