Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Post your Surf Pics and Vid's here........

Stevo

31 minutes ago, -BS- said:

Generally I'd say to remain in a somewhat crouched, athletic position.  ... similar to a defensive basketball stance.  In Raimes case, I told her to stand up, because she needs to get  that board to release a bit .  She's got the rest of it.  

I'm making the spin,a little too fast. I'm a bit confused by this because I thought I would transition easily from snow to water. I can still throw 3's on snow, no 7's anymore, but can't seem to stop the board spin. I've been thinking about just going half way a few times then add upon that.

13 hours ago, itznowonder said:

I'm making the spin,a little too fast. I'm a bit confused by this because I thought I would transition easily from snow to water. I can still throw 3's on snow, no 7's anymore, but can't seem to stop the board spin. I've been thinking about just going half way a few times then add upon that.

What board you riding?  Some of those skimmers can be tough to stop.  As a general tip, I tell people to pick something to look at as they come around, like the back corner of the boat.  If you're doing 3s on a snowboard, you know; the board follows your head/chin.  The idea with picking a spot is to stop your head from turning...

• Like 3
3 hours ago, dealjb said:

9 year old surfing on a borrowed Ronix Space Odyssey Powertail Kids board last week.  This board gave her wayyyy more confidence than she has on her Scamp.  Board is very buoyant and stable with three fins but has several fin configurations.

Highly suggest this board for the kids..............................And I was/am a big Scamp fan.

3 hours ago, dealjb said:

IMG_0017.jpg

Now she has her own 17 model..........will be fun!!

Figured out the picture thing with photobucket but obviously not video.  Can I get some pointers on posting the video to show up (photobucket, Instagram clip)??

Thanks

Edited by dealjb
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, dealjb said:

Figured out the picture thing with photobucket but obviously not video.  Can I get some pointers on posting the video to show up (photobucket, Instagram clip)??

Thanks

Post the vid to YouTube and then paste the link in the forum. Pops right up.

On 9/21/2016 at 8:59 AM, dealjb said:

9 year old surfing on a borrowed Ronix Space Odyssey Powertail Kids board last week.  This board gave her wayyyy more confidence than she has on her Scamp.  Board is very buoyant and stable with three fins but has several fin configurations.

Highly suggest this board for the kids..............................And I was/am a big Scamp fan.

IMG_0017.jpg

Now she has her own 17 model..........will be fun!!

Dude.  What a little ripper!  She's got cleaner turns than most adults!  

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Stevo said:

Can anyone articulate the pumping technique for heelside riding. I'm a regular rider and getting more comfortable riding the goofy wave on my heelside. but i want to be able to recover farther back.

Pumping from behind huh?????

?

1 hour ago, Stevo said:

Can anyone articulate the pumping technique for heelside riding. I'm a regular rider and getting more comfortable riding the goofy wave on my heelside. but i want to be able to recover farther back.

Not an expert by any stretch but riding more heelside now as well.  I use ''LITTLE" chop hops on my front foot when I am way back and need to recover.  Works much better for me (either side) when I think I'm in trouble.

1 hour ago, dealjb said:

Not an expert by any stretch but riding more heelside now as well.  I use ''LITTLE" chop hops on my front foot when I am way back and need to recover.  Works much better for me (either side) when I think I'm in trouble.

I've got it dialed toeside, but on the heel side is all awkward AF

Edited by Stevo
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Stevo said:

I've got it dialed toeside, but on the heel side is all awkward AF

I think its just gonna take time over there. I have been making it a point to ride at least once per set on my heels. I've gotten a lot better since spring, but it's still awkward!

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Raimie said:

I think its just gonna take time over there. I have been making it a point to ride at least once per set on my heels. I've gotten a lot better since spring, but it's still awkward!

I make a point of starting out heel side for the most part these days I started doing this to do learn transitions, but I want more of that goofy wave action.