Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Post your Surf Pics and Vid's here........

Stevo

8 hours ago, Fman said:

Raimie, digging the white shades  and your little guy with you! way to shred it! :thumbup:

Lol, thanks! We ride in the mornings and on the river it's best to go against the current...which means you are heading directly into the sun. I picked up those bombers last year and I love them!

You are close @Raimie!  I just learned to 360 not too long ago.  Just a couple things I see that might help....

1.  Get a bit of momentum toward the boat when you start your turn.  Between this and keeping your board flatter during the spin, that will keep you closer to the boat and in the wave.

2.  I use my lead hand which keep me from splashing myself in the face as a start the turn which doesn't make a challenging trick any easier when you start with a face full of water.

3.  As you come toward the boat, I take a VERY slight cut out and then back toward the wave and then start my turn.  

Good luck and have fun!  The after 1st 360, the surf board celebration can be intense.....enjoy it! :) 

10 hours ago, Stevo said:

With the risk of ridicule...no pics (worthless and pointless in this thread) I rode out 2 transfers today, and managed to get a few find out of the water. Things starting to click out there. Felt pretty good.

Let me guess, everyone in the boat didn't have an iPhone so it was randomly texting people and they weren't able to take any pics?

• Like 2
On 9/8/2016 at 1:04 AM, strada1 said:

Any chance of finding out how you have that weighted?

Yup, Full all stock tanks, then 2 Wakemaker rear Locker bags about 3/4 Full ( so maybe 700Lbs ) and a 600 Lb bow Bag! 10.8 MPH and Wedge 3 Clicks from Lift, 5 Peeps and a Dog! ( Dog 6Lb saoking wet) 

Edited by Wakesetter67

i was gonna say get onto your toe side a little more as you finish, then you did on the 4th and it slipped right out on you. id say you have it just need to pump a bit to get some momentum to bring you back into the sweet spot.

the 1st 270' you dont loose much ground but the last 90' you start to fall back farther into the wave and loose that momentum. 

not sure if thats it, or how to fix it if thats the case 

Edited by Stevo

Its always has looked like ur going to slow into your 360.   Pump, pump and then spin.        You have ur spin dialed raimie just looks like a momentum problem.  Great job, I'm impressed!

@Raimie  man, those are some great attempts.  And it's a great sign that you've gotten to the point where all your attempts look the same.  That makes troubleshooting & isolating the issue easier for ya.  

2 quick tips:

•try using only 1 hand to initiate it

•stand straight up as soon as that board starts turning (while remembering to do what you're so good at; turning your head)

Im so psyched for you.  You're gonna get this!! 

21 hours ago, -BS- said:

@Raimie  man, those are some great attempts.  And it's a great sign that you've gotten to the point where all your attempts look the same.  That makes troubleshooting & isolating the issue easier for ya.  

2 quick tips:

•try using only 1 hand to initiate it

•stand straight up as soon as that board starts turning (while remembering to do what you're so good at; turning your head)

Im so psyched for you.  You're gonna get this!! 

These sound like great tips. I was told to stay low through the spin and have failed miserably... now I can try standing because that's easier for an old chick anyway!

Yesterday I succeeded with my 4th attempt (360):yahoo:, so when I succeeded with the 5th I was getting very confident:rockon: so tried the 6th just after the 5th... Still not enough skills to do that :whistle:

Capture%20drsquoeacutecran%202016-09-15%

• Like 3
59 minutes ago, itznowonder said:

These sound like great tips. I was told to stay low through the spin and have failed miserably... now I can try standing because that's easier for an old chick anyway!

Generally I'd say to remain in a somewhat crouched, athletic position.  ... similar to a defensive basketball stance.  In Raimes case, I told her to stand up, because she needs to get  that board to release a bit .  She's got the rest of it.