Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Post your Surf Pics and Vid's here........

Stevo

6 hours ago, CBray4 said:

My pops surfing without the rope for the first time. 66 years old and around 26lbs... Not bad for an old man!

And this is just one of the many reasons I love wakesurfing!

• Like 3
2 hours ago, CBray4 said:

Short clip of me surfing. My grandfather came out on the boat with us this weekend for a few minutes. That is a big deal and I will tell you why. 

The last time my grandfather was on a boat was on June 6, 1944 on D-Day. He did not know how to swim at 18 years old when they hit the beaches. He jumped over the side of his ship into the water not even thinking about the fact that he did not know how to swim. With his 90lb pack on his back he sank to the bottom, or what he thought was the bottom. He stopped sinking right as the water hit his mouth. He stumbled up onto the beach and the only reason he survived was because of the men that came before him and died, he was stepping on their bodies under the water to stay alive.

He has been deathly afraid of being on a boat or near the water since that day despite living near a lake. He has lived in Cookson, Ok(less than 1 mile from the water of Lake Tenkiller) for over 30 years. This past weekend was his first time to be out on the water of that lake. It was a big step for this 94 year old WWII veteran. It is not the biggest step he has taken over the past several years though.

If you are interested in seeing a very touching and impacting story you should check this out. It tells a little bit about him and what has happened these last few years of his life.

I am so proud to call him my Papa B. I owe everything I have to the military personnel that fight for this country day in and day out without any recognition.

Attached it the link to a story that CBS did on my grandfather. "On the Road" with Steve Hartman went to visit him. You should check it out!

http://www.cbs.com/shows/cbs_evening_news/video/Cj5jETRhcqbYt9WunL4j42wiS7W4Oe9_/wwii-veteran-refuses-to-close-the-book-on-his-life/ 

I am getting a vid unavailable message form the link.  Can you double check it?  Would love to see the story

28 minutes ago, CBray4 said:

Hmm it works for me... This should work tho, YouTube FTW!

https://youtu.be/MczEU0QAJ-E

Love it!  Thanks for sharing.  Good for him!  Cherish the times you have.  I miss my grandfather almost every day.  Even all of my friends were close to them.  They lived 9 hours away, but we'd regularly call my grandparents from the bar for some silly question or to ask him about boating or the war.  So many amazing stories and things to share.

Edited by JeffK
  • Like 2
  • 10 months later...

Looks like he just tried to walk back up to the boat. Won't do that again.

Closest I've ever done is take my dog paddle boarding. Won't do that again.

Edited by Falko
7 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

trying to learn to ride revert.  With the rope I can get all the way backwards but I seem to have commitment issues riding ropeless

Ain't no lie....

Is that lake Tahoe?