Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Post your Surf Pics and Vid's here........

Stevo

1 hour ago, shawndoggy said:

@TimbrSS that wave has some meat on its bones!

Yup, not bad for my half weight skim setup. :biggrin:

Here's some video. I'm trying to get my jump timing down, and it might be a good idea to get a transom pad.

12 hours ago, KeepingupwiththeJones said:

Breaking in my new(ish) Soulcraft!

who the hell skipped tracks when that Ice Cube classic came on! 

10 minutes ago, Tags said:

who the hell skipped tracks when that Ice Cube classic came on! 

I thought it was a good day :whistle:

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Guy with the hat on is me, guy with no hat is my buddy that we taught that day. One of my favorite things is teaching people and seeing them throw the rope in for the first time. PURE EXCITEMENT!

I'm on the regular side and my brother is on the goofy side. Our first time landing 360's. I got it on my 6th try and he got it on his 7th try. So much fun getting better but so frustrating when you can do 2 in one ride then can't do it the next 10 times.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, shawndoggy said:

an older (circa 2012) victoria factor

I have yet to ride a skim style board. Looking at getting one in the off season. I have loved our broadcast but I am interested in getting something that breaks loose a little easier. Yours looks like it does just that.

I love love love my Victoria. It's such a different way to ride. I like that I can snap the tail loose and slide down the wave but if you dig in the rail, they are just as fast down the line as most surf board style boards.  A banana peel on an ice rink is a good analogy. I describe it as surfing on a cafeteria lunch tray. 

I know I know, it's not wakesurfing... but it's indirectly tied to it. I went out yesterday and tried to throw some stuff I used to do way back in the day (Hinterberger, raley... etc). Since as you can see that didn't go well... I'm going to stick to wakesuring and if I do strap in I'm changing my riding style to aim for steeze vs advancing my inverts and spins. I'm the oldest 31 year old you'll ever meet.

16 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

haha only a year?!  I think I have been trying for at least four years.

"Over a season" is fairly vague. 203 hours on a 2016 LSV to be exact. Maybe I got 25 of those hours behind the boat? This has the failed attempts of the big day.

• Like 3