Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Post your Surf Pics and Vid's here........

Stevo

On 9/27/2016 at 0:12 AM, Stevo said:

Here's some of that awkward heel side riding capped off with a transition fail. But that glass tho.....

That's quite good for your 1st season of emphasis. As you said, AF.  On the pumping, the previous posted technique is good and many will work, the efficiency of your recovery will be much determined by your fixation of your eyes on the opposite corner over your shoulder as @shawndoggysaid.     Many of mine involve no pumping and simply a foot shuffle with the rear foot coming way forward accompanied by a strong lean towards the opposite corner where your eyes are glued. My pumping involves nearer to boat accelerating, you use both feet at the same time and bounce both together as I think mentioned above by poster above. Example in vid below 

on backside you make your living close to the platform and high on the wave , the good bottom turns are performed close to boat

Because I ride both toes snd heals on each side the learning curve continues to shorten as I save goofy toes for last, my best but regular is my stance and both goofy and regular heels compare nicely too regular but still 3rdand 4th, maybe a tie with regular ties and goofy heals.I don't have recent vid, this was Mid August posted late August. I have gotten  much better since

Edited by granddaddy55

Thanks to @Stevo for making this seizure inducing gif of me.

4AF18A9E-4C8E-4A39-9581-C500DDC69E40_zps

So the interesting thing is that now I finally see why my baby airs are 180 (err 90) ish -- I start to twist my body way before the ollie off the lip.  by the time I'm in the air my legs are just catching up with where my torso already is.  I'm guessing that @-BS-'s airs stay "straight" because he doesn't do this and keeps his shoulders squared up to the wave the whole time.  

On 9/26/2016 at 7:05 PM, Stevo said:

I make a point of starting out heel side for the most part these days I started doing this to do learn transitions, but I want more of that goofy wave action. 

Just go goofy toes, I did it the second we set up goofy fir my goofy wife as we had not done it early 2014 ad I was doing goofy healside on the regular side.  Now goofy toes is my best. 

The wife a couple weeks ago working her grinds, Im so lucky she digs this stuff, this weekend the boards fins cut her arm snd at same time board damage scraped her arm in same spot as well, now with a now present large purple bruise,  got in boat like a trooper, asked her today, you must really dig surfing dealing with that, her reply, damn right!

Found the foam ball of your wave interesting yet, leads to transfers over and back without changing the surf system,  rides like a Flowrider in water park 

• 2 weeks later...

Using and loving my 150 big bags to custom our wake (especially when wife rides wakeboard at 18.5 I have to sit in middle and drive, with 2 bags in bow to port I sit in my captain chair  and wake clean and even) and wave and really lower the nose,also  started doing as those who post have said to empty opposing locker till wave cleans up, we don't always put all three in the nose but we do for goofy to really lower nose and really lengthen wave as well as increase the push on an already tall snd peaked wave.   For regular we put two in nose  listed to regular one under side bench cushion and deflate opposite locker sac till clean, we just hadn't realize how much till we did the goofy, so cant wait to do regular next weekend again and it was great already by not clean or as meaty by listing harder.  the surfgate spray sprays shorter as surfgate side lists upwards, I literally see the back side of the surfgate as it extends and the water fills in around It  disappears but the spray doesn't shoot across as far and falls right near platform

For goofy I'm +/-1400 lbs in nose and chillax walk through  of  A20, really lengthen my wave , just got 3rd bag last week to try this weekend after trying 2 and 3 was better especially with the opposite sac deflated at least half or 3 people, we never have people just driver and surfer

Edited by granddaddy55
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 3:47 PM, CFH said:

My 01 vlx with the suckgate on it.  The old girl can still throw a nasty wave!  Im 6'1 and my wife is 5'8 for an idea of size the wave is.

DSC02092.jpg

DSC02246.jpg

DSC02211.jpg

I am curious what is your set up? I just bought my first boat.  Its an 04 Malibu vlx.  It has the manual wedge, and had 350 lbs in both sides.  I just bought the 1100 lb sac to try and make the wake better.

thanks!

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Dec 26, air 78(boat says 85), water 61-67(boat days 69), boat been sittin 8 weeks only starting it, great day, 3/2 fulls and extremely comfy, my Canuck friend Rod would call this Summer and sip Beer in his shorts in swim platform 

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, Stevo said:

Now drop that rope. ?

Was not my Bu, not enough push!

Raleigh was 1 in that pic, says she is ready to wakeboard this year(now 3)

Edited by ConnollyCrew
  • 4 months later...
12 minutes ago, powbmps said:

Monster wake on a 2003 LXi :lol:.  Wedge down, 1/8 tank of gas, no back seat, and a 120 pound teenager for ballast.  Ropeless for about 1 second.

w9z8zc.jpg

Add some ballast and a suc gate and you'll have a wave. Did it to a friends sportster and a smaller rider could go ropeless, so with the wedge it'll probably be a lot better. 

• Like 2