Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu just lost its biggest dealer

wheelman

1 hour ago, Malibuzer said:

Again, were they in the meeting?  Unless they can prove that (Malibu or Wizard) its just speculation.  Any documentation to back that up?

Come on guys!  Its all rumor and speculation unless you were/are part of the email chain from the two parties or were actually sitting in the meetings. 

Correct! But customer is on the losing end. 

12 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

I just spoke with someone at the factory. Apparently Wizard was given the option to continue doing warranty work and they chose not to do so.

No way.  Why would you give access to the dealer portal when you would no longer be a dealer?  Especially if they are selling a competing brand, they do not want to have them see what's in the works or available.  That would make no sense at all.  If nautique dropped WL, they would do the same.

5 hours ago, wakebrdr94 said:

No way.  Why would you give access to the dealer portal when you would no longer be a dealer?  Especially if they are selling a competing brand, they do not want to have them see what's in the works or available.  That would make no sense at all.  If nautique dropped WL, they would do the same.

Because they can still file claims that are manually processed.

This may not be the case for every dealer, but I've always viewed the warranty work and process required as something dealers would prefer not doing.  In other words, they do it, so they can have the right to sell boats.  I can see WL (or some other dealers) not wanting to do warranty work without the benefit of being able to sell.  

Bakes claims "Certified Service and Warranty Repair" for Malibu among others without being a Malibu dealer. Many of our members go to Bakes for "Malibu" parts as well instead buying from an "Official Malibu Dealer". I'm sure there are many others across the boating world. There's a way that it's done.

• Like 2

I specifically asked Malibu Sales director if other centers in our region would be acceptable for Service and warranty and got the default answer........ Go through SWS. Appears that anyone south of the border has much more stroke and freedom to go when and where they want with their boats. Honestly I'm not surprised based on the total number of boats per capita in the USA versus Western Canada. You are very fortunate to have access to other locations!

Just now, Ronnie said:

So, Bakes claims "Certified Service and Warranty Repair" for Malibu among others without being a Malibu dealer. Many of our members go to Bakes for "Malibu" parts as well instead of their local dealer. I'm sure there are many others across the boating world. There's a way that it's done.

I'm not saying there is not a way to do it, but for internet parts shoppers, it's well known that Bake's has almost anything anyone could want from ANY brand.  That didn't happen overnight (inventory or reputation).  As for warranty, that's even more indicative that its dealers who don't want the warranty work if they not selling.

17 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

I've worked for several large, world wide manufacturers. I understand how this works and I also understand dealer contracts. I know my sources personally and trust what they have to say.

I have read your posts about your sources and i can't help but think that you are (or possibly are) being used to report Malibu spin.

I would accept a statement directly from Malibu or WLM to regarding WLM refusing to do warranty work, but third party information in these situations should be taken with a large grain of salt.

• Like 2

Knowing that there is likely bad blood between WLM and Malibu, I'm not sure that I would want to take my boat there for warranty work at this point. I don't want to be caught in the middle of it all.

Edited by MaliWop
  • Like 1
Just now, Chia said:

I have read your posts about your sources and i can't help but think that you are (or possibly are) being used to report Malibu spin.

I would accept a statement directly from Malibu or WLM to regarding WLM refusing to do warranty work, but third party information in these situations should be taken with a large grain of salt.

Excuse me for knowing people. I'll not post anything on the site again even though I've been able to help people with situations.

Have a good day.

9 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

A installed backwards?

On the spec sheet is something called "Flip-Side Gel" so it appears to be an intentional design.  There's another one in Black and White with the same graphics.  I just thought Barefoot was referring to the eye-gouging purple!

Edited by Swivel
stuff

That is what they have always called their graphics: Straight Up, Flip Side, and Tricked Out. All different gel patterns. I do not believe that is in reference to the logo...but I could be wrong, maybe that is new this year with that Flip Side gel scheme. I think it is ugly (the A backwards)

The "A" appears to be installed backwards to me. I do not recall the name of the gel scheme dictating which way the letter was facing. That is the first time I have ever seen one installed like that.

13 minutes ago, Garner said:

The "A" appears to be installed backwards to me. I do not recall the name of the gel scheme dictating which way the letter was facing. That is the first time I have ever seen one installed like that.

That's the "WTF graphic scheme"... As in that's what the dealer says when calls up the QA dept. at Malibu.

I actually have some friends really high up at Malibu and some friends really high up at WLM that told me that the "A" on that boat is the reason the whole WLM/Malibu relationship went sideways.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, bottlefedsi said:

Looks like Wizard is gettin the last laugh, wish I didnt live in FL, I would be driving for this deal. WOW!! http://www.onlyinboards.com/BRAND-NEW-MALIBU-M235-LOADED-UNBELIEVABLE-PRICE--for-sale-Kelowna-Canada-57937.aspx

How is Wizard getting the last laugh?  Boats get paid for upon leaving the factory.  No skin off Malibu's back if Wizard wants to sell low.

EDIT:  actually, its priced in US $s.  Nothing laugahble about that price being low at all.

Edited by 85 Barefoot
  • Like 3

This is not cool. I just called kelowna wizard lake and they are no longer providing any warranty service on Malibu boats they told me that Saskatoon watersports is where I should go. What a bunch of bed wetters. I heard WL didn't like the MXZ and would not take as many as Malibu wanted them to take. Both Malibu and Wizard Lake need to bury the hatchet hear.

On July 8, 2016 at 0:58 PM, DarthDene said:

This is not cool. I just called kelowna wizard lake and they are no longer providing any warranty service on Malibu boats they told me that Saskatoon watersports is where I should go. What a bunch of bed wetters. I heard WL didn't like the MXZ and would not take as many as Malibu wanted them to take. Both Malibu and Wizard Lake need to bury the hatchet hear.

Can you not go to performance water sports in Abbotsford?

16 hours ago, wheelman said:

Can you not go to performance water sports in Abbotsford?

That is much closer than Saskatoon but still 5 hours away. Thanks didn't know about Performance.