Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Water Spots Will Not Come Off!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sliver

• VinRLX

• SunriseH2OSkier

• Romi

Got home last night with 3 1/2 weeks on the water. Tons of water spots especially above the rub rail. My RLXI is black over platinum so the black really shows the spots.

Before I owned it, I thought the black looked awesome, but expected it to be a real PITA. After living with it for 2.5 years now, I've come to the conclusion that the black is fine. The reality is that the water spots are there whether you have a lighter gel color or not - the black just helps you see them better so you can know you got rid of them all. Thumbup.gif

After I dried it and waxed it and now it is shining inside my garage and the lights aren't even on.

I agree - an awsome sight. And don't forget that fresh wax smell too! Yahoo.gif

the black just helps you see them better so you can know you got rid of them all.

Sounds to me like you need to update the prescription for your corrective lenses. Old man. Tease2.gif

• 1 month later...

I cleaned my boat yesterday and used Lime-A-Way. My usual technique is to use boat wash and spray the Lime-A-Way on top of the suds, rub and rinse. For really tough spots, spray the Lime-A-Way on directly. My Bu looked show room new after a wax job.

• 3 months later...

Boy...this is an enlightening thread! I'm planning get a new BU and then rent a boat slip and keep my boat on the lake the entire summer (in the water). Given that, what color should I go with? Have others had success with their boat in the water full-time?

Thanks.

Don

The darker the color, the more it shows spots.

Leaving the boat in the water full-time allows the possibility of blisters. That is, water getting behind the gelcoat. You may want to search for info regarding this and/or post a thread specifically asking people about leaving boat in water all summer.