Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

BEEPING at high RPMs

10 hours ago, Web said:

Try the oilpressure sending unit

http://www.skidim.com/SENDING-UNIT-OIL-PRESSURE-GM_FORD/productinfo/R020001/

I had to replace mine a few times on my 03 VLX. Same exact symptoms

I unhooked the oil pressure sending unit. Gauge went to zero on dash, then test drove the boat. No change of conditions. Beeping still there so I would think that would eliminate that as being my issue. Thank you tho.

sounds similar to and event that i caused a few years ago.

iirc, i'd knocked the oil pressure sending unit wire off during an oil change and ended up with symptoms similar to you describe.

i thought the behavior was odd in that it didn't cause an immediate alarm.

if it were mine i'd look for an open circuit in that analog chain.

i also replaced the mickey mouse friction fit connector with a crimp-on that is now soldered and bolted.

• 3 weeks later...

Update!  Took the boat to Gull Lake Marine, my local Malibu dealer and the service guys jumped on it. They hooked up their computer to it to check the problem and they gave me the diagnosis. It was throwing two codes. High water temp and knock sensor. They cleared the codes and ordered both parts for me. Parts will be in soon. So i took the boat back home after I filled the tank with fresh fuel and launched it.   No condition change with audible alarm. 

So what to do.... Wait for the parts or ski?  Right. Thats what I said too. We skied a few sets and after a while, beeping stopped and hasnt returned. 

My conclusion?  Its magic.  Or possibly getting rid of the old crrappy fuel had something to do with it. I dont really know. 

Thanks everyone for all the assistance.