Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 Review - Bandwidth Warning

Cipro

On 5/28/2016 at 8:32 AM, Cipro said:

The skinny guy is Sameer Bhattacharya from the band Flyleaf. It took me multiple boards to find one that he could use. He weighs like 88 lbs...the wave almost threw him in the back of the boat every pull. Eventually I remembered I had an old CWB Tsunami, and that was perfect for him. 

My gopro is not playing nice with my new laptop. Ill have an SD card reader later today and try and get some wave videos.. 

Nice boat.

Sameer, or Dhalsim from Street Fighter?...

images.jpg

Amazing how clean & long that goofy wave is with no added weight!

@UpperleftWake: Next time you get one of those M's in we need to slam it and see what's really possible with that beast.  Something tells me video of that would break the internet!  or at least this site!  :thumbup:

Edited by -BS-
  • Like 1

How was the regular wake? 90% of my riders are on that side.

That goofy is amazing though. It might make me try some heel side riding. 

Edited by gorilla

The regular wave needs more than stock weight IMO.  That said, when we went from 2 to 4 people in the boat, the regular wave started to shape up (still with only stock ballast).  It was decent with stock + 4 people.   IMO if you put like 550 or 750 PlugnPlay in that boat (which there is TONS of room for) there's no reason you couldn't duplicate that goofy wave or improve upon it......

Its crazy how far back you can surf on these new boats. I remember surfing for the first time about 10 years ago and you had to be careful not to run the most up into the swim grid the whole time

When I demo'ed I was able to get so far back the curl was crashing over the front of the board and it still had enough push and speed to recover with easy.

On 5/27/2016 at 3:43 PM, Cipro said:

They really are not. I'd tell you if they were. The new vendor has material that is less "plastic" and is better at heat issues. 

Had the entire crew from the band P.O.D on the boat for 5 hours. 88 degree temps, and not one hot a** complaint. 

image_zpsxqlrkipr.png

Man not only surfing an M235 but with P.O.D  

On 6/3/2016 at 9:28 PM, BadgerBoater55 said:

Ahop beat me to it.  I would be shocked if he didn't have a good connection at Malibu anyways.  

Someone did a bit of a promo video with his delivery on his 2015 last year. A Malibu Rep was there. So it wouldn't surprise me if he is getting a deal. He gets them a ton of advertising. My wife doesn't even know the color of our current BU, but she can tell you the color of his last two!

11 hours ago, Cipro said:

@UpperleftWake Made the video I wish I could make...

This says it all

Gotta love it when you have the water to yourself!!!

3 hours ago, theGrant said:

Someone did a bit of a promo video with his delivery on his 2015 last year. A Malibu Rep was there. So it wouldn't surprise me if he is getting a deal. He gets them a ton of advertising. My wife doesn't even know the color of our current BU, but she can tell you the color of his last two!

Gotta love it when you have the water to yourself!!!

I know he used to be acquainted with the East Coast rep for Malibu who would drive for him at Center Hill and Cumberland, but that rep has since left for Centurion.  Both are really nice guys and yes, Jake gets them a great deal of publicity.  He has had Wakesetters in both his "Days of Gold" and "Barefoot Blue Jean Night" videos.  Hopefully some videos of him shredding on the M235 pop up.  The 23LSV (Purple) I rode on with him last year put out a nice wave.