Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's new for 2017

Diesel86

ahopkins22LSV
12 hours ago, DarkSide said:

If I did, second call would be divorce attorney!  I will likely order a 2019.  Right after my warranty expires.  Thank goodness I don't have access to the promo program,  or I would likely replace every year.  I got to look at one today.  Everything I loved in the M235 in a MXZ... 

Walk through, bench seat, dual wake view, extra billet, full wetsounds, integrated WS EQ with zone control!  Gull wing rear storage from the platform.  Deeper hull, although I really like the low, long sexy look!   

I am just glad they ordered it in something other than charcoal metallic/red/black, otherwise I would really be in a predicament.    

Haha I know the feeling! I'm nervous to see what they do to the response, because if it's a true #gamechanger then I may need that number to your divorce attorney too! ;)

14 hours ago, DarkSide said:

If I did, second call would be divorce attorney!  I will likely order a 2019.  Right after my warranty expires.  Thank goodness I don't have access to the promo program,  or I would likely replace every year.  I got to look at one today.  Everything I loved in the M235 in a MXZ... 

Walk through, bench seat, dual wake view, extra billet, full wetsounds, integrated WS EQ with zone control!  Gull wing rear storage from the platform.  Deeper hull, although I really like the low, long sexy look!   

I am just glad they ordered it in something other than charcoal metallic/red/black, otherwise I would really be in a predicament.    

What is the promo program?

12 hours ago, Diesel86 said:

Anyone know if the other models get the new ballast tanks? Even if they aren't any bigger the ability to measure pnp would be great. 

I believe someone said earlier in the thread they did and I also believe all Malibu's got a ballast upgrade (probably not to the extent of the MXZ though)

2 hours ago, 04 VLX WINDERMERE UK said:

Have a look at the link below of the 2017 24 MXZ best pictures I have seen so far, interior has the look of the M235!

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2017-Malibu-24-MXZ-102808020

I think we will start seeing more from malibu.   Last week MC was releasing crap almost daily.   Ithe is disappointing Malibu is waiting for dealers to post this rather than do an official press release. 

7 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

Ithe is disappointing Malibu is waiting for dealers to post this rather than do an official press release. 

and it is not the first year like this. I don't understand why they are not releasing info sooner. Strange communication IMO

Every year we find out about the new models and features from dealers posting the boats for sale, and not through a Malibu release.  This has to be one of the most ridiculous marketing strategies I've ever seen and it's been going on forever with Malibu. 

• Like 4
4 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

21 VLX.

I can't help but think that you are being used to report Malibu spin. :rofl:

Isn't it funny how when your knowledge brings us new product info the forum likes it, but if it tells the folks something they don't want to hear, you're accused of being some sort of shill. 

• Like 2
Just now, jtrovato said:

Every year we find out about the new models and features from dealers posting the boats for sale, and not through a Malibu release.  This has to be one of the most ridiculous marketing strategies I've ever seen and it's been going on forever with Malibu. 

Generates more buzz when people are speculating for months and drooling over every random picture that gets released.  By comparison MC sends out an email to everyone in the universe, it gets looked at one day and then forgotten after people get done mocking the videos ;)  Malibu - marketing genius

There has been talk in past years' discussions on this that it keeps the dealer's with leftover inventory happier. More chance to sell an older model to the under-informed, possibly with less mark down.

27 minutes ago, IXFE said:

I can't help but think that you are being used to report Malibu spin. :rofl:

Isn't it funny how when your knowledge brings us new product info the forum likes it, but if it tells the folks something they don't want to hear, you're accused of being some sort of shill. 

Yep. Funny how that works....

4 hours ago, oldjeep said:

Generates more buzz when people are speculating for months and drooling over every random picture that gets released.  By comparison MC sends out an email to everyone in the universe, it gets looked at one day and then forgotten after people get done mocking the videos ;)  Malibu - marketing genius

I would suggest it only creates a 'buzz' among the truly devoted & depraved Malibu loyalists (themalibucrew.com)

As I've been reminded multiple times on here, we only represent a small fraction of the Malibu-purchasing-population. 

I work in a similar industry and I think their marketing could use a swift kick in the pants...

Honestly how many people saw the xt23 marketing vs. 24MXZ marketing.  Based on eyes exposed. MC won that one!  

Same thing when the steering thing was announced we saw it and talked about it here.  And Malibu fans are likely not the target audience.  So relying on Malibu fans and dealers to "UNVEIL" to the masses is probably not the best marketing plan.

Malibu has been dropping the ball on boat releases, big time.

I had to send these MXZ pics to the owner of my local Malibu dealer because he hasn't seen any pictures yet. Seriously, some dealers have already gotten boats in their possession before other dealers have even seen pictures. Certainly a WTF situation.

• Like 3

I agree they need to get on the ball with the changes for 2017. I am going to my dealer after lunch today, so I am going to inquire about what he knows.

4 hours ago, Garner said:

I agree they need to get on the ball with the changes for 2017. I am going to my dealer after lunch today, so I am going to inquire about what he knows.

The website says that the catalog isn't available until Fall 2016, but I agree it is something that needs to be changed. The only feasible explanation is they don't want dealers to be stuck with 2016's.  Hell, there are still some 2015's sitting at our dealership in Madison.  

14 hours ago, boardjnky4 said:

Malibu has been dropping the ball on boat releases, big time.

I had to send these MXZ pics to the owner of my local Malibu dealer because he hasn't seen any pictures yet. Seriously, some dealers have already gotten boats in their possession before other dealers have even seen pictures. Certainly a WTF situation.

I think that might be on your dealer.  Malibu has made available to the dealers the new boat information for well over a month.

Well, my local dealer has two 2017 MXZ's in stock. A 22 and a 24. 

I got to crawl around both and really go over them. The hull is completely new. The lines are really well laid out and pictures do not do them justice. They do still say Wakesetter, but now is is placed on the back rear of the boat... the rear quarter panel if you will. Looks really good. Both models have the seats on the rear and they flip up for access to the storage. The top pads also flip up for access to the same storage. There is now a "garbage chute". The cooler is now offset under the seat and there is a large plastic bin under that small door you see in the pics beside the cup holders. Pretty clever idea if you keep a garbage near the cooler for trash. Now you do not have to ask someone to get up every time. All Wetsounds speakers, there are six 6.5's and two 5.25 (in walkway) and then your tower speakers. Forward and rear facing docking lights. The 24 had a white pearl metallic that was very very sharp!

I was very impressed. 

9 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Doesn't look like MN Inboard is showing any 2017 boats in stock yet, but they do have 3 2016 M235's - wow.  Really wonder how many of those they sold this year.

When I was working up there a few years ago, they had the next model at their shop the very next week after the 4th shutdown.  I wouldn't be surprised if they had some there.

4 minutes ago, Garner said:
17 minutes ago, Garner said:

Well, my local dealer has two 2017 MXZ's in stock. A 22 and a 24. 

I got to crawl around both and really go over them. The hull is completely new. The lines are really well laid out and pictures do not do them justice. They do still say Wakesetter, but now is is placed on the back rear of the boat... the rear quarter panel if you will. Looks really good. Both models have the seats on the rear and they flip up for access to the storage. The top pads also flip up for access to the same storage. There is now a "garbage chute". The cooler is now offset under the seat and there is a large plastic bin under that small door you see in the pics beside the cup holders. Pretty clever idea if you keep a garbage near the cooler for trash. Now you do not have to ask someone to get up every time. All Wetsounds speakers, there are six 6.5's and two 5.25 (in walkway) and then your tower speakers. Forward and rear facing docking lights. The 24 had a white pearl metallic that was very very sharp!

I was very impressed

Garner, who's your local dealer?

script>This is the first one I have seen with the switched "Malibu" and "Wakesetter" from this angle, and I must say it looks better than I originally thought.  Still not sure if I like it.