Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's new for 2017

Diesel86

I agree. I stripped off the graphics on my 07 and have thought about leaving it blank or going back to the Malibu logo on the side like 2 boats ago, instead of a new ws graphic.  Simple or plain to me always wins.  I'm actually stoked they did this because now I might just buy the new decals.  

7 hours ago, DarkSide said:

I saw a couple of these at the factory a coyote weeks ago.  They look much nicer in person, gel scheme is much more boxy than the original.  

I suppose I should hold judgement until I see it in person... 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, WakeSwagger said:

As do we...nothing but problems.

It's a terrible engine, our dealers mechanics put more hours on it than we did trying to figure out all the issues, only to have it fail in the middle of lake powell

On 6/28/2016 at 6:19 AM, boardjnky4 said:

That tower looks different. If you zoom in, the mechanism to lower it is not the same as G3.2.

The whole boat looks like a redesign. Well done.

It looks like a lever on the inside of the base of the tower.  Probably similar to the simple lever they use in Nautiques.  I have the knobs, and don't like them.  I heard the clamps used in the past 2 years (I think?) have their issues as well.  It would be nice if they could retrofit the levers if they work well.  Something tells me they won't though, since they wouldn't do the clamps if you already had the knobs.

I heard that the MXZ will have a walk through on the rear sun pad similar to the M235, which seems to be confirmed in the posted pic.  Also different base to G3 tower with rotating locking mechanism instead of clamps.  The tower has tow point on left and right for surfing as well.  I was also told it has an 'L' shaped rear ballast tank that extends up allowing it to register volume of attached plug and play bags.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, jtrovato said:

Not liking swapping the "Malibu" and the "wakesetter" signs, but other than I'm liking the new MXZ so far. 

Dont imagine I'll be liking the price tag though...

Edited by Diesel86
12 hours ago, Ifinallygota21v said:

Are those wetsounds in boat speakers?

Pretty sure they are, hence the grey cone in the center.

On June 29, 2016 at 6:02 PM, boardjnky4 said:

The 6.0 is GDI too though. Both engines are actually pretty similar. Both LS based, and as far as I know, both updated to direct injection.

But that right there might tell the story. It's a lot simpler to just offer one engine, when they're so similar.

I don't believe there is a 6.0GDI. GM dropped that engine a few years ago afaik. No reason for them to ever fit it with direct injection just for the marine market. 

The 2 GDI motors that PCM is using are the 5.3l and the 6.2l. The 6.0 is still MPI, and on its way out of the PCM/Crusader line. 

On 7/2/2016 at 7:22 PM, jtrovato said:

A couple more pics of the surf wave on the new 2017 MXZ. They're saying it's the biggest factory surf wake period, is it possible this is a better surf machine than the M235 stock?

If you read the comments on the first picture, it says stock ballast is 500 bow, 700 mid and 700 each side in the back (NO PnP).  That's 2,600lbs stock! Not 100% sure on what the 24MXZ stock was before, but I thought all Malibus were 350 bow, 500 mid and 200 each rear side.  This is a huge improvement, over twice as much, on stock ballast.  And it's about time Malibu increased stock without needing PnP.

Old MXZ has 1450 stock, so 2600 is HUGE IMPROVEMENT.   Also tanks go up sides so you can measure PNP.

Boat is also ~1000 lbs heavier!  

Also gets 2:1 and 17" Prop 

Edited by DarkSide
ahopkins22LSV
27 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

Old MXZ has 1450 stock, so 2600 is HUGE IMPROVEMENT.   Also tanks go up sides so you can measure PNP.

When are you placing your order? ;)

On 2 July 2016 at 5:22 PM, jtrovato said:

A couple more pics of the surf wave on the new 2017 MXZ. They're saying it's the biggest factory surf wake period, is it possible this is a better surf machine than the M235 stock?

Damn, that is a big wave. Now I want to see a boat that alters its hull shape to go from a slalom boat to a surf/wake boat = the ultimate crossover!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

When are you placing your order? ;)

If I did, second call would be divorce attorney!  I will likely order a 2019.  Right after my warranty expires.  Thank goodness I don't have access to the promo program,  or I would likely replace every year.  I got to look at one today.  Everything I loved in the M235 in a MXZ... 

Walk through, bench seat, dual wake view, extra billet, full wetsounds, integrated WS EQ with zone control!  Gull wing rear storage from the platform.  Deeper hull, although I really like the low, long sexy look!   

I am just glad they ordered it in something other than charcoal metallic/red/black, otherwise I would really be in a predicament.    

Edited by DarkSide
  • Like 1

Anyone know if the other models get the new ballast tanks? Even if they aren't any bigger the ability to measure pnp would be great.