Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's new for 2017

Diesel86

1 hour ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

I doubt there is an axis dash redesign coming. One just came out a year ago. Like it or not it's probably sticking around for a bit...

Was the 2014 LSV dash the only single year dash design, or has Malibu done that on others too?  It may be unlikely but there is a precedence for a single year run.  

16 hours ago, wakedncsu said:

This.  1000 times...this.  It takes two people to make all the music go away from the driver's seat.  I spend most of my time right now listening to ONLY a subwoofer.  

ha, I've been putting up with this for years. Now I'm trying to decide where I can add more speakers near the driver.

ahopkins22LSV
36 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

Was the 2014 LSV dash the only single year dash design, or has Malibu done that on others too?  It may be unlikely but there is a precedence for a single year run.  

To my knowledge that was the only one. Not sure if that is enough to call it a precedence.

31 minutes ago, boardjnky4 said:

ha, I've been putting up with this for years. Now I'm trying to decide where I can add more speakers near the driver.

I'm already doing the same.  I'm thinking I'm just going to "tough it out" this year, and then over the winter add two speakers into the dash.  This gives me all sumer to think about where to put them.  I know I don't want to push them as far up as they were on older Malibu's where I would need to take of the windshield to get at them.

Just now, ahopkinsTXi said:

To my knowledge that was the only one. Not sure if that is enough to call it a precedence.

Probably not.  I hope to be in the market later this year, so perhaps it is just wishful thinking on my part. 

11 minutes ago, wakedncsu said:

I'm already doing the same.  I'm thinking I'm just going to "tough it out" this year, and then over the winter add two speakers into the dash.  This gives me all sumer to think about where to put them.  I know I don't want to push them as far up as they were on older Malibu's where I would need to take of the windshield to get at them.

yeah, same here, probably a winter project

1 hour ago, shawndoggy said:

you can do this yourself now, Ronnie.  Or so I've heard.... (and it's TOTALLY worth it)

Do tell...

Yet another mod we have to do that we shouldn't. I mean really, the guy that puts out the $$ for the boat, the guy that puts out the $$ for a big stereo only gets to listen to the sub? You've got one 6.5 speaker sort of pointing at the driver in the walk way cubby. Like you're gonna hear that with all the other 8" and 10" speakers plus the sub in the boat. I considered fabbing up an overhead console between the two tower hoops to hold 2-8" speakers and a couple of dome type lights just to get a little music to the driver and observer. I've already had to fab up speaker tower brackets back in 2010 (before Exile or WetSounds offered theirs) so you wouldn't have to put up with the shelves. At least I am still running those. I've talked to a lot of people at Malibu about the stereo systems they offer. I think they are leaving a good amount of $$ on the table with their offerings. How many of us don't order a stereo or the minimum when if the real audio systems were offered we would check that box on our orders? We get 4-6.5" and 4-8" speakers with a detuned 400w amp and then get over charged to boot? AND then we get the speaker locations we have now? It's not even easy to make a speaker ring to go under the speaker to reposition the speaker to the side or front without it sticking out into the seating area.

Rant over, back to the '17's.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Do tell...

Yet another mod we have to do that we shouldn't. I mean really, the guy that puts out the $$ for the boat, the guy that puts out the $$ for a big stereo only gets to listen to the sub? You've got one 6.5 speaker sort of pointing at the driver in the walk way cubby. Like you're gonna hear that with all the other 8" and 10" speakers plus the sub in the boat. I considered fabbing up an overhead console between the two tower hoops to hold 2-8" speakers and a couple of dome type lights just to get a little music to the driver and observer. I've already had to fab up speaker tower brackets back in 2010 (before Exile or WetSounds offered theirs) so you wouldn't have to put up with the shelves. At least I am still running those. I've talked to a lot of people at Malibu about the stereo systems they offer. I think they are leaving a good amount of $$ on the table with their offerings. How many of us don't order a stereo or the minimum when if the real audio systems were offered we would check that box on our orders? We get 4-6.5" and 4-8" speakers with a detuned 400w amp and then get over charged to boot? AND then we get the speaker locations we have now? It's not even easy to make a speaker ring to go under the speaker to reposition the speaker to the side or front without it sticking out into the seating area.

Rant over, back to the '17's.

This is what I did.  It makes a huge difference.  Like night and day.  I'm glad someone else agrees that the walkway speakers are useless!

AF066A14-C4F7-4AA6-8C96-0670BCF8E2C5_zps

• Like 3
1 hour ago, hethj7 said:

Same dash was also used on multiple year VTXs so it really wasn't a one off.  Secondly, the R&D, materials, and manufacturing of the Axis dash being lean is of cost-saving importance.  Maybe a new design can be spooled up cheaply but I don't mind the new axis dash at all.  If anyone is clamoring for a new Axis dash, they're the folks to blame for $75,000 and up Axis prices when they started sub 40.

• Like 3

That dash has been talked about a lot.  We can disagree here, but better doesn't have to be more expensive.  Moomba is priced like Axis with a better dash, but maybe that is just a matter of preference.  

This is what I did.  It makes a huge difference.  Like night and day.  I'm glad someone else agrees that the walkway speakers are useless!

I wonder where you'd put speakers in an Axis? ;)

1 hour ago, hethj7 said:

That dash has been talked about a lot.  We can disagree here, but better doesn't have to be more expensive.  Moomba is priced like Axis with a better dash, but maybe that is just a matter of preference.  

I understand what you're saying, all I'm saying is that any new dash will cost more.  Cost controls on the dash at Axis are of significant importance.  After 2 Axes (like that?!), I was very happy and never wished I had a Moomba with a better dash for same price.  

• Like 3

Malibu have any interest in a 21' boat between the VTX and VLX?  M/C X10 or Nautique G21/SAN210 size

2 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

yeah I'm gonna have to build a kick pod for the new boat.  Will be much more of an ordeal, unfortunately.

What is the "new boat"?

1 minute ago, IXFE said:

'08 23 LSV was a "one and done" dash design.

So there's your precedent... :salute:

3974673006u_4x424x360f?1438451065

This post leads me to believe that Axis is getting a new dash! You heard it here first folks! IXFE just spilled the beans!

Are people really complaining about the dash?  I don't think it is a bad mockup.  I think it is flimsy and cheap.  But the design isn't bad.  Just missing a couple speakers.  However, I don't think Malibu would be interested in redoing a dash to make it less flimsy and cheap.  They have ample Model Year's to make that change and haven't chosen to yet.

1 minute ago, teamerickson said:

This post leads me to believe that Axis is getting a new dash! You heard it here first folks! IXFE just spilled the beans!

hahaha... I would "like" your post because it made me chuckle, but then you might think it was true.  

I have no knowledge of a new Axis dash.  The current dash has actually grown on me quite a bit and is better than the old one where the heater vents were up there.  

9 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

Just remember Ixfe lost bets last year on the m235 G killa. 

Yeah, but I won bets against -BS- in the CFB thread.  So I'm batting .500  :thumbup:

And did I really lose the M235 bet?  Who on the forum besides Cipro owns an M235??

As far as 2017 goes, it wouldn't be fair to bet on what I know... there is no way I'd lose.

1 hour ago, IXFE said:

Yeah, but I won bets against -BS- in the CFB thread.  So I'm batting .500  :thumbup:

And did I really lose the M235 bet?  Who on the forum besides Cipro owns an M235??

As far as 2017 goes, it wouldn't be fair to bet on what I know... there is no way I'd lose.

I was referring to when you said they weren't coming out with a "g killer" before the m235 was released.