Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's new for 2017

Diesel86

1 hour ago, bamabonners said:

@bamaboy no need to be a turd.  It is his first post...at least wait until post 5.  LOL

Whoa!!  I thought you bama brothers were supposed to have eachothers' backs!  

I don't want to see any more bama on bama crime!!

• Like 2
6 hours ago, bamabonners said:

@bamaboy no need to be a turd.  It is his first post...at least wait until post 5.  LOL

I bet he went back and read the thread and got all the answers he was looking for....jussayin

sorry for asking!! Did I say something wrong ?? I was only asking as I'm from Australia and your 2017 malibu's come out before ours, but I need to order it now so I get it at the start of 2017!! 

16 minutes ago, Mike24 said:

sorry for asking!! Did I say something wrong ?? I was only asking as I'm from Australia and your 2017 malibu's come out before ours, but I need to order it now so I get it at the start of 2017!! 

Don't let bamboy get to you. We don't let him out in public very much and when we do he usually wants to act up. Hang around and get involved with the site. 99.9% of the other members aren't like that.

ahopkins22LSV
29 minutes ago, Mike24 said:

I'm following the 17 TXi very closely so whenever I learn something I will post. And I just sent you a pm for a quick catch up. 

23 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Don't let bamboy get to you. We don't let him out in public very much and when we do he usually wants to act up. Hang around and get involved with the site. 99.9% of the other members aren't like that.

Please don't put me back in the hole.

I promise I will put the lotion in the basket so I don't get the hose again!

16 hours ago, KentC said:

Looks like Supra will be announcing something new on Wednesday.  Rumors are they have revamped their surf system.  

They have the new Autowake software to manage wake settings. Pretty slick.

Also, a new smaller boat--the SR. 

14 minutes ago, IXFE said:

^^^ looks like a gimmick to me. 

i don't need a computer program to tell me what the ideal setup of a wake/wave is. 

Like most of us don't need parking distance control on car, but it s still selling very well...

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, IXFE said:

i don't need a computer program to tell me what the ideal setup of a wake/wave is. 

I don't see it as telling you what the ideal setup is, I see it as a way to ensure you get that setup,  even as people move around, as the fuel tank empties, etc.   It is not measuring 3 clicks of wedge, 90% ballast, etc it is measuring hull position.  1 degree  port list, 10 degrees bow rise, etc.  By replicating hull position wave SHOULD remain optimum.

• Like 4
40 minutes ago, IXFE said:

I agree, also seems like another feature  to glitch out.  Although maybe for a total newbie this might help? I can't totally judge until I have the chance to see it work while on the boat.  Who knows, maybe it is the next best thing???

Wasn't there a company trying to sell this a few years back and was having a hard time getting a manufacturing to pick it up?  Seems like Supra bit that bullet.  I am interested to see how this works.  Just like surfband, to the majority on here, it is a novelty but to the rest of the industry, it is a selling point.  I think this has the potential to take off.

• Like 2

Seems like it's going to sell boats to me.  Every other post on this forum (and every other inboard forum) is people asking about how to setup/dial in their wake.  Enthusiasts can go out and spend the time to get the perfect setup but what Johnny Lakehomeowner wants is to get in and push a button.

Still -- when are these companies going to hire a decent UI designer?  The interfaces are horrrrrrible!

• Like 2
Just now, Fffrank said:

Seems like it's going to sell boats to me.  Every other post on this forum (and every other inboard forum) is people asking about how to setup/dial in their wake.  Enthusiasts can go out and spend the time to get the perfect setup but what Johnny Lakehomeowner wants is to get in and push a button.

Still -- when are these companies going to hire a decent UI designer?  The interfaces are horrrrrrible!

Malibu's  GUI is a lot better on the 12" screen, they need to make the 7" similar to the RAM/Dodge touch screen super easy and CLEAN!

@bamaboy is confused, it's what happens when you go over to the haha "darkside" nauti group but you still really prefer your old buaxis buddies 

but I get the nauti, an alternator abused by a huge stereo and 1300 hours with only that and bag leaks that the system refills and bilges for you without worrying about it for 3 years, reliability!

he's hurting real bad, and this is his Prozac 

Edited by granddaddy55

I like it.  Sure I can get a wave like I want it.  But when I clear out the bow triangle to make room for people, and then people are moving back and forth, forwards and back, one side to the other, then it doesn't really matter how I adjust because it'll change in 20 seconds.

I hope this makes sense as it does for me but I think it might be counterproductive and frustrating.

My first thoughts are that I try to switch it up and add weight, speed, plate, trim tab, whatever else they decide to bolt on back and the boat changes it back before I can see what the change is.  IE the damn thing keeps changing the set up after you get it dialed in.  I'm sure you can turn it off, but whats the point then?  

I got it for 99% of people it will help, but I think it would make be throw things and say bad words!  Quit messing with my **it you stupid boat!!!!!