Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's new for 2017

Diesel86

4 minutes ago, CedarLakeSkier said:

I'm curious, with the "Surfpipe" what happens to the water that is pumped through the exhaust?  I would think it would just build up in that bend in the pipe

It does.  When you idle the boat on the hose, the exhaust will be dry-dry-dry-wet-WEEETTTT-dry-WET.....

But there's a little drain hole in the bottom too that allows the built up water to gravity drain out eventually.

I think when you are under power there's enough air being pumped through at a high enough velocity that it forces the water through more quickly.  That'd be my guess anyhow -- obviously not holding 3000 rpm on the hose.

Edited by shawndoggy
  • Like 3
On August 15, 2016 at 9:35 AM, KentC said:

Yea for sure. I towed back and forth multiple times last year between NC and TN in June/July/August, and my G3 tower was hammered!  It's a pain to clean to because when you scrub the tower all the dirt, water, and soap goes all over the interior.  Really no way to avoid it dripping down!  

Wrap it in shrink wrap before you tow it. Takes 5 minutes 

• Like 1
On Wednesday, August 17, 2016 at 3:44 PM, DarkSide said:

Keep in mind we are a small sampling of the ownership.  Malibu is selling 3400 boats a year we see maybe 2% on here.   So proportionally if there are 3 on here 150 were sold....same thing on 24 MXZ, there are very few of us on here.  At least that post regularly.

The M is a different level of finish over MXZ.  Custom billet everywhere, etc.  My next boat 18-24 months from now will be either a 24MXZ pt.3 or M235.  Honestly almost everything I loved about the M is in the new MXZ.  I suspect MXZ will do VERY well this year.  So I will likely save 15-20k and get MXZ.

The big question, maybe someone has had the chance to ride behind the 17MXZ.......................How will the surf wave compare between the new MXZ and M235?

40 minutes ago, BadgerBoater55 said:

Be careful with your numbering there... I would say 2017 MXZ... 17MXZ would really throw some people in a tailspin, it could be taken as a super stripped down 22MXZ and this forum would get nice and fun! :lol:

Malibu WakeTractor

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, UpperleftWake said:

Stretched the '17 24 MXZ legs yesterday. This boat is legit!

28621746204_0fa67fd8ec_c.jpg2017 Malibu Boats Wakesetter 24 MXZ by Mason Obray, on Flickr

28621748824_ac7e0ee9a1_c.jpg2017 Malibu Boats Wakesetter 24 MXZ by Mason Obray, on Flickr

Mason, how does it compare to the A24 wake wise? (for surfing)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, 95echelon said:

I recently rode behind a 16 23LSV. My current boat is a T22. I'm sold on the power wedge! (You hear that @Fman;)) The power wedge ads some nice wake changing abilities so I think it's hard to compare the 24 MXZ and A24.

Edited by teamerickson
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, 95echelon said:

Oddly enough, I have not been behind an A24 so I can't comment there. A guy up north, who promo's for NW Inboard, has had 2 A24's in the last 3 years and the wake behind his boat(s) looks ridiculous from all the pics.

The '17 24 MXZ is the second best wave I had rode in the Malibu lineup, behind the M235.

Here was our '17 24 MXZ receipt:

MLS All Full

Power Wedge 2, 2 clicks down from LIFT

Speed, 10.8

wakeMAKERS 24 MXZ bags

No sacs / lead on the floor or seats

RPMS, 3400. 450 Monsoon, 2.0:1 gear ratio, and 17" prop

• Like 1
2 hours ago, 95echelon said:

Unless that dude is a midget best I have ever seen posted about MY BIG WAVE, he wins!!!!!!!

Edited by granddaddy55
1 hour ago, UpperleftWake said:

Isn't that combination just the bee's knees?  Love it.  Boat looks sweet.  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, UpperleftWake said:

Oddly enough, I have not been behind an A24 so I can't comment there. A guy up north, who promo's for NW Inboard, has had 2 A24's in the last 3 years and the wake behind his boat(s) looks ridiculous from all the pics.

The '17 24 MXZ is the second best wave I had rode in the Malibu lineup, behind the M235.

Here was our '17 24 MXZ receipt:

MLS All Full

Power Wedge 2, 2 clicks down from LIFT

Speed, 10.8

wakeMAKERS 24 MXZ bags

No sacs / lead on the floor or seats

What is the stock plus pnp rated total weight? And it's s front sac too?

Edited by granddaddy55
1 minute ago, bamaboy said:

Isn't that combination just the bee's knees?  Love it.  Boat looks sweet.  

I gotta say, Malibu hit a home run with the gel coat lines on the new MXZ!  

Looks sweet!  I'm still waiting on the comparison between 17 22MXZ and 23LSV.  The surf wake on the 24 looks awesome, but will the 22 out preform the 23LSV?

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 8:46 PM, UWSkier said:

For anyone who cares, slalom boat will happen, but not until the snow flies up here probably.  Lots of unsold promo boats to move out first.

RIP to the SV23 hull variants.  Started with the 1993 Echelon I believe.  That's a heck of a run for a hull architecture!

I'm ready for some info on this boat....somebody spill the beans on what you know.  I'm not sure I like the idea of tossing that hull, as it just flat out works.  But time will tell.  :)

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, Sethro said:

I'm ready for some info on this boat....somebody spill the beans on what you know.  I'm not sure I like the idea of tossing that hull, as it just flat out works.  But time will tell.  :)

We have said everything we know. We do know that the hull will be completely redesigned. They aren't carrying anything over other than knowledge.

Anybody else get the official email from Malibu this morning? The only thing they said about the new MXZ's was that they are "maximized". 

7 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

We have said everything we know. We do know that the hull will be completely redesigned. They aren't carrying anything over other than knowledge.

I'm looking for any information on what's new on 2017 txi as I'm looking to upgrade boat 

ahopkins22LSV
6 minutes ago, Mike24 said:

I'm looking for any information on what's new on 2017 txi as I'm looking to upgrade boat 

Search my posts in this thread. I stated everything I know. I think we will see it end of October, beginning of November.