Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's new for 2017

Diesel86

1 hour ago, IXFE said:

It's not about what a dealer "can get"

its about aligning your pricing to Malibu's national campaign. Malibu wants these boats sold at $80k including everything but sales tax. Yeah, they means freight, prep, and even the Bimini. 

If you're dealer is trying to charge more I'm guessing they will be having a discussion with their Malibu sales rep in the near future 

Do you think they might be listing high and then giving a "discount" to get the boat out of the dealership at $80k in this case?  Just a thought. I agree with others in this thread with the variance in boat pricing. 

Im interested in that rear stereo control - it looks square instead of round,  I didn't have one installed on my 2016 because I don't like the stock center placement - I wonder if this new rear "remote" will work on a 2016?

5 hours ago, SCMike said:

The one I looked at yesterday had a few upgrades according to the dealer.  The upgrades included a Bimini, SeaDeck/Gatorstep, and transom steps for the trailer.  I don't get the price on it, but my rep illuded to the fact that it was going to be over $80k because of the upgrades. 

On the website, it doesn't list a Bimini as standard equipment, which is strange to me.  I've never seen a Bu without a Bimini, which tells me this should be standard. 

The promo video that was posted very CLEARLY states bimini included

Straight from the website.

Standard Well Equipped Features:

Monsoon 410 6.2L

Wet Sounds 6 Speaker System

12" Subwoofer With Amp

NEW G3.5 Tower

Lower Board Racks

Surf Gate with Surf band

Power Wedge II

Rear view Mirror 14”

Snap-Out Carpet Insert

Sport Dash with rotary 4-way joystick

12” Touch Screen Command Center

Zero Off GPS

Pull Up Cleats

Trailer Included

Standard Full Factory 5 Year Warranty

On 8/6/2016 at 9:56 AM, mrnate450r said:

Promo video: at 50 seconds

"The 21 VLX package price also includes a trailer, a bimini top and a cover"

So which is it Malibu?  Bimini or no bimini

52 minutes ago, bamaboy said:

The Bimini is included. Not sure why this seems to be such a hot topic. Do you really think Malibu would include things like tower speakers and a cover but forget the Bimini?  

The 21 VLX at my dealer is the standard package and it includes a Bimini. In fact I took pics of it but nobody bothers to remember that. It's the standard Bimini with a reverse pistol bracket.  It is NOT the surf storage Bimini. You can get that one for a few hundred more. I think it's one of the few upgrades allowed. 

4 hours ago, Raimie said:

I doubt a blinged out trailer is included in the 80k

Um yeah... I doubt a 575 supercharged motor is included for 80k either. Lol 

• Like 2

I think Malibu has put together a really nice boat with a great price point, it does lack some features like wakeview seating, heater, extra board racks, surf pipe/fae... these items are not necessity items but very nice to have on the water.  The 98" beam and smaller cabin will probably push some people into a 22 VLX, I know it would be too small for our boating needs.  But to get into a wakesetter for $80k is very impressive, and after watching the drone video of it on a different thread, looks like the wakeboard and surf wake look good.

Dave, I am just curious... does it include tower speakers?  They are not listed in the standard list of features, it shows sub, amp and 6 speaker system.  I see nothing listed for tower speakers.  What about ballast bags for lockers and PnP are they also included?

'

Edited by Fman
1 hour ago, Fman said:

I think Malibu has put together a really nice boat with a great price point, it does lack some features like wakeview seating, heater, extra board racks, surf pipe/fae... these items are not necessity items but very nice to have on the water.  The 98" beam and smaller cabin will probably push some people into a 22 VLX, I know it would be too small for our boating needs.  But to get into a wakesetter for $80k is very impressive, and after watching the drone video of it on a different thread, looks like the wakeboard and surf wake look good.

Dave, I am just curious... does it include tower speakers?  They are not listed in the standard list of features, it shows sub, amp and 6 speaker system.  I see nothing listed for tower speakers.  What about ballast bags for lockers and PnP are they also included?

'

Yes... One pare of Icon 8's are included. Not sure what the amp setup is. 

5 hours ago, Raimie said:

10 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Yes... One pare of Icon 8's are included. Not sure what the amp setup is. 

i don't know what brand amp they are, but they ones I saw yesterday were Malibu branded.  There were 2 onboard the 21vlx. From what I was told, the entire system is tuned by Wetsounds prior to the install, and apparently sounds much better then the RF systems of past. 

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

You have any issue with the cup holder popping out when bags are full? I swapped out the adhesive tape on a few of mine as the factory stuff is crap, but I'm wondering with any upward pressure they'd pop out

18 hours ago, bamaboy said:

Looks like the boat in the video has a Wakeview camera as well (1:13 into the video).  I wonder if that is an option or not.

Why wouldn't it?

More I watch the video, to me, this is clearly an axis-fied malibu.  The bow is essentially a T22 to a T, no finish in the walkway, no cushions on the transom, no carpeted walls, etc. etc.  Which, that's fine, but clearly this is a departure from the fit and finish of the rest of the line IMO.

13 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

Why wouldn't it?

More I watch the video, to me, this is clearly an axis-fied malibu.  The bow is essentially a T22 to a T, no finish in the walkway, no cushions on the transom, no carpeted walls, etc. etc.  Which, that's fine, but clearly this is a departure from the fit and finish of the rest of the line IMO.

This is what I've been saying for some time.  I posted these pics in this very thread several weeks ago, but I'll put them in again to underscore your points.  

When you say "no carpeted walls" I assume you're talking about the seat bases.  That's the only point that you mention that I don't think is valid... this is more of a function of the construction of the 21 VLX than anything else.  It's a two-piece boat (i.e. MXZ), not a three piece boat (i.e. VTX, 22 VLX, 23 LSV, and 25 LSV).  Any time Malibu employs a two-piece build you're going to get fiberglass seat bases w/out carpet.  Some would argue this is superior, not inferior.  

The rest of your points are valid, imho.  The 21 VLX doesn't have the same level of refinement as the rest of the Wakesetter line.  

Oh, and somebody else mentioned that the transom steps on the trailer were extra.  Not true.  They are part of the standard $79,995 package.  

7F14FA18-63B0-4ECC-B73A-8D7E3926D394_zps

A2E11F83-4574-4BF7-B3AA-1ACD04CEBD19_zps

5A793ADA-7746-4A81-9544-CB46F49BF5A0_zps

159977B2-BE2D-4DA1-90E3-664142F93076_zps

70F0ADB8-55DD-4A8E-8514-FC23A9AC46EA_zps

6C18131C-278F-4B40-A86E-9B2968B682D9_zps

075950D9-B104-4B9E-918C-08A37069701F_zps

B262796D-6E1E-4DFA-AF0A-B2D9AE046E94_zps

E8AFBAB6-C6A6-489D-9F61-C57C06FBF907_zps

Edited by IXFE

IXFE, yes I agree....just like Axis' two piece construction.  Just a LOT of exposed glass everywhere for having Malibu on the side.  Even in MXZs, in my opinion, they do a better job of not making it feel like there are acres of just....glass.  

Edited by 85 Barefoot

Tommy's just put out their walkthrough video of the 24MXZ: link

Is it possible the zone control is a software upgrade or think it'll be able to be done to '15 and '16s?

Edited by Suggy
36 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

Having exposed glass is not a bad thing.   Really personal preference, same thing on the M235.  So I would not classify as a detractor.

prolific sea dek helps the "feel" of large glass areas, IMO.

21 minutes ago, Suggy said:

Tommy's just put out their walkthrough video of the 24MXZ: link

Is it possible the zone control is a software upgrade or think it'll be able to be done to '15 and '16s?

Here's the Youtube link...

My favorite quote:

"Also throughout the boat, they've raised the amp levels to the increase your tunes to a whole new level."