Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's new for 2017

Diesel86

The rear PNP for the new MXZ holds 400lbs each side and the tank is L-shaped runs up the side.  I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion about the new PNP design on here given how many of these boats are in the wild already.  I'd like to hear and learn more about this new PNP setup.

3 hours ago, teamerickson said:

Possible new feature for 2017, PNP with auto vent. Any ideas? Probably just what the name implies? Would be nice not having to run additional vent lines for the sacs.

I was surprised my VLX lacked that.  My 2011 A22's PnP setup had a vent setup for the bags.

11 hours ago, ConnollyCrew said:

Surprised that you are considering a switch..... Care to share more????

I looked at one and priced one. Quickly changed my mind. I believe I'm good right where I am. Love these boats, but BU is still a little proud of them. I can get more standard feature and added features for a good chunk less on the dark side. Maybe one day I can catch the right deal and make the switch back to BU.

I'll say I have been very impressed with my current boat. By far the best all around boat I've been in (Hands down) wake and surf!!!! However I am being told the new MXZ is right there too, but I can't justify the extra coin for a lateral move!!!!!

8 hours ago, teamerickson said:

Possible new feature for 2017, PNP with auto vent. Any ideas? Probably just what the name implies? Would be nice not having to run additional vent lines for the sacs.

Looks like the auto vent is what the M235 has. The vent line is there ready to hook into the top of your bag. It's a 3/4 line so not quite so cumbersome.

2 hours ago, DarkSide said:

I vent mine through the cup holders.  I like the symbolism....

When I am truly blessed, I am at the lake, the ballast is full, and my cup (holder) runneth over...

Got any photos of your setup?

4 hours ago, DatTexasBoy said:

I looked at one and priced one. Quickly changed my mind. I believe I'm good right where I am. Love these boats, but BU is still a little proud of them. I can get more standard feature and added features for a good chunk less on the dark side. Maybe one day I can catch the right deal and make the switch back to BU.

I'll say I have been very impressed with my current boat. By far the best all around boat I've been in (Hands down) wake and surf!!!! However I am being told the new MXZ is right there too, but I can't justify the extra coin for a lateral move!!!!!

Good info. I will remember that for sure. I am thinking as well....

• Like 1
21 hours ago, pkh said:

Looks like they haven't decided where to put the Malibu logo? Look how different these are:

SoskVH6.jpg

0NMmffF.jpg

Take the Gawd Awful thing off! Nekkid is the way to go!!

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Interestingly, our dealer has one now.  I see a bimini on theirs that isn't listed under the standard features and they are asking $85k for it

What I don't understand is that the promo boat from the video is flake, but you can't select flake in the boat builder. Also, I thought I read somewhere that flake isn't going to be available on this boat. I think the boat will sell like hotcakes, but I don't know if I can get over the 98" beam. Looks like I'll be in a 22 if I can make the math work!

5 minutes ago, mrnate450r said:

What I don't understand is that the promo boat from the video is flake, but you can't select flake in the boat builder. Also, I thought I read somewhere that flake isn't going to be available on this boat. I think the boat will sell like hotcakes, but I don't know if I can get over the 98" beam. Looks like I'll be in a 22 if I can make the math work!

I'm in the same boat as you (pun intended). I just got back from looking at the 21vlx at my dealer, and I'm not sold on the size.  It's roomier when onboard, but I'm thinking of those days when we'd have 8+ on board, it will be tight.  All in all, I'm impressed, and the price is right on the money.  When the time comes, im hoping I can get into a left over 22vlx for around $80k.  If I can't make that work, I'll likely order the 21vlx.  

10 hours ago, gahvey said:

Interestingly, our dealer has one now.  I see a bimini on theirs that isn't listed under the standard features and they are asking $85k for it

Video says it comes with a Bimini.  You mean to tell me it's not 80k all day?

4 hours ago, bamaboy said:

That is what I am getting out of it....although I have heard that our dealer can charge more and get it so maybe that is why.

1 hour ago, gahvey said:

That is what I am getting out of it....although I have heard that our dealer can charge more and get it so maybe that is why.

It's not about what a dealer "can get"

its about aligning your pricing to Malibu's national campaign. Malibu wants these boats sold at $80k including everything but sales tax. Yeah, they means freight, prep, and even the Bimini. 

If you're dealer is trying to charge more I'm guessing they will be having a discussion with their Malibu sales rep in the near future 

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 3

You think so?  I would hope that is the case but liken this a bit to things like Shelby Cobras, which always sale for a premium when they first get released at the Ford dealerships.  Just playing devils advocate here, but if dealers have to align with Malibu, wouldn't we all be paying the same price for similarly equipped boats?  Of course, this VLX campaign is a bit unique, especially for Malibu that doesn't even make MSRP readily available usually. 

6 hours ago, bamaboy said:

The one I looked at yesterday had a few upgrades according to the dealer.  The upgrades included a Bimini, SeaDeck/Gatorstep, and transom steps for the trailer.  I don't get the price on it, but my rep illuded to the fact that it was going to be over $80k because of the upgrades. 

On the website, it doesn't list a Bimini as standard equipment, which is strange to me.  I've never seen a Bu without a Bimini, which tells me this should be standard.