Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's new for 2017

Diesel86

11 minutes ago, ID AX said:

I don't believe 80k is msrp.  I have been told that it's 80k with its standard options.  

Dealer told me Wednesday that the 21 VLX is priced at $79,995  There will be a few options but not the usual long list like 23 LSV this year.  

3 hours ago, ORMailbuboater said:

Dealer told me Wednesday that the 21 VLX is priced at $79,995  There will be a few options but not the usual long list like 23 LSV this year.  

Hmmm? If there's no wiggle room I think I would just spend the 10-20% more for the 22 vlx. 

3 hours ago, IXFE said:

MSRP is actually $115k (aprox).  The $80K is what a dealer is supposed to sell it to you for.

If you can that easily stretch another 10-20% than I don't believe the 21 VLX is aimed at you. In fact, I don't think it's really aimed at any current Bu/Axis owner (not that they wouldn't sell us one).  Feels like it's aimed at they guy about to spend $75K on a Supreme, Moomba, or MB.  This boat makes that guy stop and think, "For $5k more I can have a Wakesetter with that great dash, Surfgate, etc."  

This isn't aimed at you, so don't take it that way.  But what is the point of having a friggin' MSRP if the manufacturer is directing the dealers to sell it at a specified price point, particularly so far below the MSRP?

As for the stretching.........lots of people said the same thing about the 22VLX in comparison to the 23LSV in 2015.  And if I'm not mistaken, the VLX sold really, really well (like maybe the #2 boat behind the 23LSV?).  I think 'Bu just sees a spot in the market for the boat.  In looking at it, I don't see it as nearly as decontented as the comments here would imply, and if it truly has an MSRP of $115K, or even a transaction price of $80K, that seems in line wiht me (but I also have an incredible dealer, and I paid less than that for my custom ordered 22 a year ago, so maybe my perspective is off).  Yeah, I think it will draw in some people from the competition.  But it will also just be a right sized boat.  For me, a 22' was just the right sized boat, and I ended up in my VLX because some 22MXZ's had me looking (came out of an A22).

10 hours ago, Fman said:

Or even less for a really tricked out 22 VLX coming up for sale in mid September :biggrin:

Ok - you have peaked my interest...care to share any details?  PM me.

4 hours ago, 67King said:

This isn't aimed at you, so don't take it that way.  But what is the point of having a friggin' MSRP if the manufacturer is directing the dealers to sell it at a specified price point, particularly so far below the MSRP?

Yeah, why would a company ever do a national advertising campaign for a number less than MSRP?  :dontknow:

NEWSChevy20OffMSRPSale.jpg

slider-national-900x300-employeePricing-

gac_8612.jpg

The difference between Malibu and at the Mastercraft debacle is all in the execution... Malibu is actually going to execute on the promise.  One of the ways they do that is by building them all with the same core feature set and not allow dealers to overbuild them.  I don't get the objection... Why is this a bad thing?  It's not like it's going to last forever this way.  I assume at some point Malibu will open up the options list and let the dealers build and price it however they want.  For now Malibu is trying to hit a price point of $79,950.  Makes sense to me.  

Edited by IXFE
5 hours ago, 67King said:

As for the stretching.........lots of people said the same thing about the 22VLX in comparison to the 23LSV in 2015.  And if I'm not mistaken, the VLX sold really, really well (like maybe the #2 boat behind the 23LSV?).  I think 'Bu just sees a spot in the market for the boat.  In looking at it, I don't see it as nearly as decontented as the comments here would imply, and if it truly has an MSRP of $115K, or even a transaction price of $80K, that seems in line wiht me (but I also have an incredible dealer, and I paid less than that for my custom ordered 22 a year ago, so maybe my perspective is off).  Yeah, I think it will draw in some people from the competition.  But it will also just be a right sized boat.  For me, a 22' was just the right sized boat, and I ended up in my VLX because some 22MXZ's had me looking (came out of an A22).

Totally agree with you... Malibu saw a seem in the market (and their own product line up), both in size and price.  But make not mistake... it's missing stuff.  To begin with, there's a long list of options that dealers currently cannot order.

• G4 Tower
  • Upgraded engine
  • Silent tip exhaust
  • Surf Pipe
  • Gel coat upgrades of any kind (metal flake, hull color, top deck color, etc.)
  • No other stereo upgrades (Rev 8's, transom remote, etc.)
  • Clamping racks
  • Fender Pro
  • Hydraulic Steering (does anybody ever order this?)
  • Trailer updgrades (18's, two-ton, runway lights, etc.)
  • heater
  • shower
  • lighting (dock, surf, etc)
  • flooring (logo carpet, Seadeck, etc)
  • power seat
  • rearciew camera

Besides just the options you can't currently order, there are a few things on this boat that make it different (cheaper) from the rest of the Wakesetter line.  Let's begin with the obvious... it's a 98" beam.  There are no combing pads in the walk through.  The glove box is old school Vride style (although they did wrap it in vinyl).  The bow tank is smaller.  The rear transom seats do not open and they are not upholstered... just Seadeck steps.  You only get 6 cabin speakers and they are only 6.5".  There is no water tight storage area for the driver.  The little cubby by the driver is small.  Lots and lots of exposed fiberglass.  

What you paid for your 22 VLX is irrelevant.  

B262796D-6E1E-4DFA-AF0A-B2D9AE046E94_zps

E8AFBAB6-C6A6-489D-9F61-C57C06FBF907_zps

6C18131C-278F-4B40-A86E-9B2968B682D9_zps

Edited by IXFE
37 minutes ago, teamerickson said:

I think it's a great idea. 

I don't think I could live with the 98 beam. Luckily, there's a really nice 22 a few miles from me. :)

Will you two just get a room, and a bill of sale already

Im my local market the 21vlx should have a good fit I know some were disappointed with the 22vlx as it was so much larger than the 14vlx, it's more like a 23lsv. Maybe part of wizard lake marines demise as the nautique 210 outsold the 22vlx and was 20-30 grand less, so Malibu bringing a boat to compete.

On 13 July 2016 at 1:46 PM, d.diddy_13 said:

Jut wondering if the 98" Beam is to suit the Australian Market...

1. Our max towing width is actually only 2.5m (~ 98.4") and we have had a big crack down on over width towing last summer

2. US parent company recently acquired Malibu Australia(In Late 14) so more influence.

3. 22VLX is getting a bit big for the oz market.

4. The AUD V USD

21 VLX is the perfect size boat for us and by 'stripping' it down will lower the cost and make it more viable.

Also was thinking they may fit in a container (so not roll on roll off an an angle in a cradle) which would save huge transport costs which may result in them no longer been made in oz (maybe this model only)

Just to confirm, the Australian built 22VLXs are already 2.5m - have been since the 2015 launch.  This is to fit with our towing regulations (technically anything wider needs "wide load" warning flags etc...

Hey Guys, I am new to the group so i figured i should get on the rumor train since its all I can think about sitting at work...! (Apparently I should just go work for Malibu and I might actually get some "work" done for once)

Anyone hear whats going to happen with the VTX for 2017?

9 minutes ago, Web said:

I'm no marketing expert, majored in finance.  Doesn't it seem pretty donkey to have 2 different vlx models in the same lineup?.

well, there are 2 different LSV models...

9 minutes ago, Web said:

I'm no marketing expert, majored in finance.  Doesn't it seem pretty donkey to have 2 different vlx models in the same lineup?.

You have two different LSV's. 23 and 25

The 21 will be great in our area for the lakes with size restrictions.  The 22VLX took a hard hit vs the previous models simple because of the size change, it got just too big to fit in some local lakes.  The 21 should be a great addition, at least in this area

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, Tboomer said:

Hey Guys, I am new to the group so i figured i should get on the rumor train since its all I can think about sitting at work...! (Apparently I should just go work for Malibu and I might actually get some "work" done for once)

The VTX was just re-designed in 2016 so I wouldn't expect a lot changes specific to the boat. Changes like the new G3.3 tower that is common across the line-up you should see. 

2 hours ago, Tboomer said:

VTX was all new for '16, so it will likely just receive things that are universal to the entire line. New tower bases and tow points, new audio packages, new graphics and colors, new materials, etc... Not sure on the wake seating, or if there is even room in that boat for it.

1 hour ago, Web said:

I deal a fair amount with marketing, you are correct. The 'why' is down below, and it has nothing to do with length.

1 hour ago, boardjnky4 said:

well, there are 2 different LSV models...

1 hour ago, wakebrdr94 said:

You have two different LSV's. 23 and 25

The 21 will be great in our area for the lakes with size restrictions.  The 22VLX took a hard hit vs the previous models simple because of the size change, it got just too big to fit in some local lakes.  The 21 should be a great addition, at least in this area

The two different LSVs are both flagship models for their given length with the entire options list available to them, as is the 22 VLX. The 21 VLX, however, is a price point boat with limited options. THAT is why I brought this up a few pages back. I completely agree with @Web that there should be more differentiation between them simply based on price point vs. flagship model, regardless of length. The only thing we've seen even hinted is the white 21 pictured did not have the 'Wakesetter' moniker on the rear sides. Maybe it won't be part of the 'Wakesetter' line, like back in the day when Wakesetter was an option package for the Sunsetter LX.

Of maybe it's as simple as @IXFE posted...pun intended.

Edited by jk13