Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's new for 2017

Diesel86

17 minutes ago, mrnate450r said:

Has there been a 2017 22 VLX or 23/25 LSV sighting yet? 

Not yet in Oregon.  From what I can surmise on Boat trader Late July\ Early August delivery to dealers.   Only thing I can see different from the adds is possibly the Malibu Command Wheel like the M235 steering wheel.   Maybe more changes like stereo options, etc...  Have to wait till they arrive.  

http://www.boattrader.com/browse/make/malibu/wakesetter-lsv-23

4 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

Command steering wheel like on the M235 was available on 2016 LSV, or at least became available at some point as mine has it, just FYI. 

How do you like it? Worth the money, or a cool gadget that is redundant? 

2 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Command steering wheel like on the M235 was available on 2016 LSV, or at least became available at some point as mine has it, just FYI. 

Guess when I was looking at purchasing it was not available.  Thanks for clarifying.  And yes tell us how you like it!  

Okay, the command wheel is pretty slick and so far I find myself using it more than the dash or sport knob.  However, remember that my dealer spec'd my boat - so, would I spend $1,167 on it if I was building a boat - not sure.  Still seems silly to have 3 ways to control everything within arms reach.  I'd say opt for the command wheel and not the sport knob, but the knob is such a cheap option ($368) given all the other add-ons on these boats.  

1 hour ago, ORMailbuboater said:

Guess when I was looking at purchasing it was not available.  Thanks for clarifying.  And yes tell us how you like it!  

Wasn't available when I ordered either. Bummer cuz I would have liked it (not a fan of the sport knob). 

30 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Wasn't available when I ordered either. Bummer cuz I would have liked it (not a fan of the sport knob). 

Sounds like you need to sell your current boat and buy a new one! :rockon:

My only guess would be that the 23lsv needs to have wake seating...that is the rear seat the pulls out. This would be nice to have.

Kinda odd to think about it but with the redesign of the MXZs for 17, the 23 lsv is now in year 4 and the oldest design in the wake line. Will probably get a redesign next year and will be interesting to see what direction Malibu goes with it as a key volume seller. It was also the first post-surfgate designed hull in 14 when it came out. 

2 hours ago, lerch said:

Kinda odd to think about it but with the redesign of the MXZs for 17, the 23 lsv is now in year 4 and the oldest design in the wake line. Will probably get a redesign next year and will be interesting to see what direction Malibu goes with it as a key volume seller. It was also the first post-surfgate designed hull in 14 when it came out. 

If I am not mistaken, the last 23 LSV mold lasted 5 years; '09 - '13.  Not to say they won't change it sooner but does the ROI justify a quicker change?  I am not sure I can answer that, just a question.

Your observation made me realize that the 4 years have flown by...

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 5:39 PM, shawndoggy said:

It's kinda hilarious tho.  Like they cheaped out and installed a "mono" instead of a "stereo?"

I think I figured out the speaker locations for the new 21 VLX. It looks like on the starboard side there is one speaker by the cup holders then a speaker by the drivers feet. On the port side there's one near the cup holders then one in front of the cup holders near the observers seat aimed right at the driver. That should help sound for the driver.  

No discussion of this picture?  This isn't a double-up hit, and he's looking down at the tower.  Look how hard the motor is running (at presumeably 22-24ish)... that rooster is huge behind the boat.  This is the first evidence I've seen of a "g" sized wakeboard wake.  (apologize I wasn't able to link the instagram pic)

ZaxEzJb.jpg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, flapjack said:

No discussion of this picture?  This isn't a double-up hit, and he's looking down at the tower.  Look how hard the motor is running (at presumeably 22-24ish)... that rooster is huge behind the boat.  This is the first evidence I've seen of a "g" sized wakeboard wake.  (apologize I wasn't able to link the instagram pic)

ZaxEzJb.jpg

No doubt, that wake is huge. But I feel like you're making some assumptions or statements that are baseless.

1 - the rooster tail is par for the course for Malibu. On a 25LSV, I was able to crouch behind it and convince the driver i'd fallen. I'm 6'0".

2 - How can you determine that the motor is working hard, in a picture? If you're referencing the exhaust gas visible, then I'll let you know that I've been behind several Raptor powered boats that do the same thing.

3 - Many Malibus have been capable of "G Sized Wakes" for a while now. I've ridden behind many of them.

4 - Perspective is a b****. The angle at which pictures are taken can skew your vision.

Edited by boardjnky4
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, teamerickson said:

I think I figured out the speaker locations for the new 21 VLX. It looks like on the starboard side there is one speaker by the cup holders then a speaker by the drivers feet. On the port side there's one near the cup holders then one in front of the cup holders near the observers seat aimed right at the driver. That should help sound for the driver.  

Sorta like rocking your headphones with only one can on your ear.

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 5:11 PM, IXFE said:

This boat is NOT going to hit the $90's. Malibu is about to launch a national marketing campaign to advertise the 21 VLX at $79,995 delivered to your dealer. That includes a pretty decent list of features: surf gate, power wedge 2, Bimini, cover, racks, four ballast tanks, PnP, tandem trailer (incl spare tire and transome straps), Wetsounds stereo with sub and two tower speakers. 

I'm told this isn't going to be another "$50k all day" debacle. This boat will be $80k. Period.  All of them are built almost identical  

Any idea if 80 is MSRP? Can you spill the beans? ;)