Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's new for 2017

Diesel86

4 hours ago, bcoppess23 said:
23 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Very true... I just think that seem where the dash meets up with the fiberglass looks sorta bad. Maybe they could do a low profile, flat cover wrapped in vinyl. 

I am not a fan of all the exposed fiberglass in the newer boats either.  The carpeted seat bases, driver kick panel, and upholstered walk-through on the older boats looked more finished than these do IMO.

EDIT:  Weird double quote...

Edited by UWSkier
3 minutes ago, teamerickson said:

How was the vinyl? 

Identical in texture and feel as my 23 LSV. It's the same stuff, which surprised me. 

They got creative with the foam though... Some interesting shapes, bulges, and angles on the seats. 

6 minutes ago, IXFE said:

One more of the walk thru so you can see where the battery switch is...

70F0ADB8-55DD-4A8E-8514-FC23A9AC46EA_zps

oops!  That's where the other speaker is supposed to go!

• Like 2
Just now, IXFE said:

Like I said... the wheels of progress turn slow :blush:

It's kinda hilarious tho.  Like they cheaped out and installed a "mono" instead of a "stereo?"

54 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Potential buyer?  If you're a potential buyer why did you call Boulder instead of your own dealer?

Yeah - Potential buyer.  I did call my local Malibu dealer....they don't have one in stock and are trying to get the information that I was looking for.  Then I saw this one and actually liked what I saw so I thought I would get info from them.  BTW - I bought my last boat from a guy that lived 1000 miles from me....I drove 1000 miles each way because it was what I was looking for and if the deal was right I would do it again.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

For the skiers out there....

Got confirmation today that the response will be 100% new. New running surface, side hull/gel design, new top deck... Ect... :biggrin: 

Wonder if they'll have it pulling the open here next month.  Doubtful unless they get it to a select handful of promo guys before they sell their '16s.  They had new models at the open last year though.

Hope the new rig has gunnel ski storage like the ProStar.  The current storage is kinda useless.

I think it looks good but... it certainly reminds me more of an Axis than a Malibu. Which isn't really a big deal to me, but I wonder how it will affect their image of high end luxury boats. I thought that was why they separated out Axis to begin with...

• Like 3
2 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

oops!  That's where the other speaker is supposed to go!

Looking at the Boulder Boats listing, it appears that it is a 6 speaker setup instead of 8. One under the helm, two opposite each other just in front of the rear bench, and the other one in the gun whale by the observer seat. That is one cost saving item found.