Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's new for 2017

Diesel86

The boulder boats guys are dumb..they just called me and didn't know anything...didn't know price...length width.  Not really sure why he called me back without that stuff.

57 minutes ago, gahvey said:

The boulder boats guys are dumb..they just called me and didn't know anything...didn't know price...length width.  Not really sure why he called me back without that stuff.

:cheers:

21'

98" Beam

Edited by NAW
11 minutes ago, NAW said:

:cheers:

21'

98" Beam

Their website says 102" beam, but the guy said that they hadn't measured it yet and they didn't have specs from Malibu.  Then I asked about price and he said it was so new they hadn't figured it out yet but wanted to get it online.  He said probably in the 90's.  I figure that is info you would want when you call a potential buyer back.

@gahvey I think your frustration is pointed at the messenger.  

It is ridiculous that this basic information is not on the web site.  These boats are now no longer a secret,  and are on the dealer showrooms.   There is absolutely no excuse for the boat builder app not to be live.  There is no excuse for the Web page to not show the new updated models complete with full specs. 

Just my $.02

26 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

@gahvey I think your frustration is pointed at the messenger.  

It is ridiculous that this basic information is not on the web site.  These boats are now no longer a secret,  and are on the dealer showrooms.   There is absolutely no excuse for the boat builder app not to be live.  There is no excuse for the Web page to not show the new updated models complete with full specs. 

Just my $.02

I don't disagree, but at the same time you would think that the guy would at least have their price ready to talk about when calling a customer back.

I like that white one alot better then the others online ... the swoosh doesn't line up great with the logo so using the same color is a good call IMO.

What's this fiberglass sub box thing going to do all the aftermarket sub box guys?

2 minutes ago, pkh said:

I like that white one alot better then the others online ... the swoosh doesn't line up great with the logo so using the same color is a good call IMO.

What's this fiberglass sub box thing going to do all the aftermarket sub box guys?

Saw your boat just now... still the best looking boat at AWS. :)

Something worth noting... the new 21 VLX is a two piece boat, like the MXZ.  The top deck and floor is all one piece.  So the seat risers are fiberglass.  

5A793ADA-7746-4A81-9544-CB46F49BF5A0_zps

The bow is unlike any Bu you've ever seen. There is no carpet panel under the cushions. It's fiberglass. And the batteries are hiding under there where you'd normally expect to see a bow tank. 

159977B2-BE2D-4DA1-90E3-664142F93076_zps

B3008F64-E0EC-46C7-BC2B-71B97154D47F_zps

So now I'm wondering, "Is there a bow tank?"  I keep digging... looks like the top of a tiny bow tank.  Upon closer inspection I discovered that the bow tank wraps around the battery compartment (behind those carpeted panels).

I have no idea how big this tank actually is, but I'm guessing it's gotta be smaller than the normal Wakesetter bow tank.

A353B1AF-E29B-42D1-AA98-499BF90B63AA_zps

4E0728FC-09A5-42AA-AC25-A74DCF48CD50_zps

Just now, BadgerBoater55 said:

@IXFE walkthroughs are my favorite part of this site!  Thanks!  Did notice the Wakesetter logo is gone/missing? on the side...

I noticed that too... I have no explanation. :dontknow:

Maybe it's no accident. I mean, it's a sweet little boat, but the fit and finish is clearly not on the same level as the rest of the Wakesetter line. So maybe this boat is just the Malibu 21 VLX.  Dunno. 

Here's a close up look at the locking mechanism of the new G3.5 tower. Big improvement, IMHO. You don't have to hold the tower 100% perfectly up... As long as it's within a cm or so that big hook will grab it and suck it in tight as you crank the handle down. Truly a one man operation. 

70F6CCFB-114D-47D3-A1C9-1215666907DA_zps

Edited by IXFE
1 hour ago, IXFE said:

I just saw the 21 VLX in the flesh!!

you guys were right... Shawndoggy mod is now STANDARD! :surprised:

A2E11F83-4574-4BF7-B3AA-1ACD04CEBD19_zps

I'm retiring on the licensing proceeds!

Where's the other driver's speaker mounted?

And I hope that that sub is mounted in a fully sealed legit box because taking a sawzall to the helm would be no fun.

• Like 2

A few pics of the walk thru and glove box. Sorry I didn't have a tape measure. But it did seem a little narrower than my LSV.  That didn't bother me, but I wish they put combing pads over the exposed fiberglass. That's probably my biggest peeve about this boat. 

08598505-7BB4-4102-AB29-EAD8FEDE9E30_zps

E8AFBAB6-C6A6-489D-9F61-C57C06FBF907_zps

B262796D-6E1E-4DFA-AF0A-B2D9AE046E94_zps

Just now, IXFE said:

A few pics of the walk thru and glove box. Sorry I didn't have a tape measure. But it did seem a little narrower than my LSV.  That didn't bother me, but I wish they put combing pads over the exposed fiberglass. That's probably my biggest peeve about this boat. 

combing pads would make it feel extra extra narrow tho.

Just now, shawndoggy said:

combing pads would make it feel extra extra narrow tho.

Very true... I just think that seem where the dash meets up with the fiberglass looks sorta bad. Maybe they could do a low profile, flat cover wrapped in vinyl. 

Just now, shawndoggy said:

so where's the other driver's speaker tho?  Or is it a mono speaker by the sub?

Dunno... I never found it 

the wheels of progress turn slow!

Edited by IXFE