Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's new for 2017

Diesel86

1 hour ago, ctvandy23 said:

I'm not a fan of that glove box!!

I agree, but I do like having a cup holder up there.  I noticed that they put a cup holder up there on the 22 MXZ, but the glove box cover seems to be metal.

I talked to the guy at SMG Wake today that drove the 2017 22 MXZ over the past weekend.  He loved it.  He said that Malibu increased the length to 22'6" (I can't confirm that number), (last year it was 21'11").  But that would explain why the cabin space looked bigger to me in the pictures.  He basically said it looks like a 22'6" version on the M235.

I can't wait until Malibu updates their website.

Oh, by the way, the build sheet MSRP is $149,907.  But that includes 4 different metallic color areas at $1,050 each and a fancier trailer adding $3,134 and $3,863 fright and dealer prep.

Edited by gordon20mxz
update information

I got some 22 MXZ close up pics too!!

First the new color... I assume this is available across the line. It's pretty slick. It's a pearl white flake. 

B4DFAB7E-AD3B-495E-84D6-B6B9C867EAED_zps

Here's the MXZ glove box

9939FBA7-B9B8-4340-92C0-0EEFCF565786_zps

94DEDC57-C483-40D8-AE61-08BB4766F2FB_zps

Recessed gas cap

DC642164-8205-4081-9FD6-8D4610105411_zps

Rear facing lights are now integrated into the G4 tower (long overdue) as well as side tow points

9EDDA51F-5219-4845-9130-02D0451097DB_zps

Rear access to lockers

1B371635-F351-4CF7-848A-6FA971F1A4B6_zps

Top access to lockers

DA7385BE-0B57-4566-8C87-DC1048A63C7E_zps

EAD910CC-81B1-4503-AB30-6FAC382116B1_zps

Engine hatch (similar to m235) with insulated top

64616CC5-6A82-44E8-980B-D2783DFE41DC_zps

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, IXFE said:

I got some 22 MXZ close up pics too!!

Yeah!  Post 22 MXZ pictures.  This new 22 MXZ looks great!  Did they really increase the length to 22'6", as I was told today??

I'm digging the direction Bu is going.  I think the 21VLX will fill a gap between axis and Malibu.  I know my dealer is stoked about it.  

The new MXZ's are pretty BA.  I love the flip up access to the lockers, walk thru transom and flip over wakeseat.  

I wonder how long it will be before the VLX and LSV get sub floor ballast upgrades?

The rear surf seats and the side tow points are blatant rips from MC.  

Not saying that I don't like them.  Just calling a spade ...well...ya know 

Overall sweet looking though 

Edited by bamaboy

Jut wondering if the 98" Beam is to suit the Australian Market...

1. Our max towing width is actually only 2.5m (~ 98.4") and we have had a big crack down on over width towing last summer

2. US parent company recently acquired Malibu Australia(In Late 14) so more influence.

3. 22VLX is getting a bit big for the oz market.

4. The AUD V USD

21 VLX is the perfect size boat for us and by 'stripping' it down will lower the cost and make it more viable.

Also was thinking they may fit in a container (so not roll on roll off an an angle in a cradle) which would save huge transport costs which may result in them no longer been made in oz (maybe this model only)

Edited by d.diddy_13

I think a 21', 98" beam boat is going to sell well.  It was what I wanted as IXFE mentioned, but I've gotten used to my 21'10" (102" beam) VLX now, so I'll probably not step down in size, particularly now that we have a third daughter on the way.

I don't much care for Malibu's pickle nose design, but I really do like the design and features of that new MXZ otherwise.  I may just be enticed to buy 1 more 22 VLX in a couple years.  Who knows...  I just need to hope for a PCM H6 as an upgrade option.

FYI -- Stock Ballast on the new 22mxz:

400lbs each rear

550lbs mid-ship

450lbs bow

1 hour ago, Cory said:

particularly now that we have a third daughter on the way.

Out of topic, but congrats Cory !!

4 hours ago, IXFE said:

First the new color... I assume this is available across the line. It's pretty slick. It's a pearl white flake. 

B4DFAB7E-AD3B-495E-84D6-B6B9C867EAED_zps

I'm not for white boat, but with this new color I will probably change my judgment :-)

Edited by smooky
  • Like 1
ahopkins22LSV
8 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Wonder if they'll have it pulling the open here next month.  Doubtful unless they get it to a select handful of promo guys before they sell their '16s.  They had new models at the open last year though.

Hope the new rig has gunnel ski storage like the ProStar.  The current storage is kinda useless.

Probably won't be pulling the open because it wouldn't have had time to go through the approvals and such. With the new hull and my very strong gut feeling that the 5.3 DI will be available for the power plant it will have to go through the full approval process. And I was told the release will be this fall. 

Interesting.  It's only a matter of time before the 5.3L makes its way into a Response.  Rumor has it MC/Ilmor has had several delays getting it out for the Prostar though.  I know of one in existence out in the wild and supposedly you get yelled at if you try to lift the motor box...

Saw a brand new 2017 22 MXZ yesterday and all I have to say is WOW, I climbed through the entire boat and this thing is light years ahead of my 2011 23 LSV . They really put a lot of thought into storage and layout with this boat and it shows. This will be my next boat hands down

Edited by tncumminsguy

Thanks for posting the pics of 21vlx, we don't have a Malibu dealer in Alberta now so tough to get a look with out a 5 hour drive. Not liking the look of the interior in pics looks cheap, hopefully better in real life.

Edited by catalac

Not 

17 hours ago, IXFE said:

@Coryshould be happy with the new 21 VLX too!

136AFBDE-09BC-44B5-BF01-F47350E00CA2_zps

AWS told me 21' 0" long & 98" wide

A few more shots...

4F4AAF86-26E1-47C6-9648-8588FEF61DA1_zps

Not that I will miss them, but the docking lights are gone.

The thing that has impressed me most about the 22mxz is the bow sitting room, anchor locker, and the AMP/battery storage area IS HUGE. Honestly You could throw a couple of 12's in there is has so much room. I could easily keep my 40inch sky ski set up in there without a doubt. The new hardware they are using on the seats and everywhere just feels solid and beefy compared to previous years. Malibu is really stepping it up with all these boats I can say that. Nothing feels "cheap" or flimsy. I absolutely love the walkway with seadek like the G's have because it will allow the vinyl to stay nice.  Really hope an upgrade is n the cards for me.

Does anyone happen to know what amps they would have if the boat comes standard with rev 8's?