Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's new for 2017

Diesel86

4 hours ago, tn_rider said:

I find it interesting nobody has commented on how narrow the walk through is by the windshield. My buddies LSV has enough room for a cooler turned long ways there.

image.jpeg

It must have a 98" beam width (narrow walk through).  Looks like you also loose the driver side flip up wake view seat.  I tell you, this is seems like a boat that is meant to compete with the MC NXT or at least along those lines of thinking.

1 hour ago, Fman said:

It must have a 98" beam width (narrow walk through).  Looks like you also loose the driver side flip up wake view seat.  I tell you, this is seems like a boat that is meant to compete with the MC NXT or at least along those lines of thinking.

Travis... I believe that's the MXZ pictured in your post. I have no idea what the beam is, but when I saw it at the factory it looked like a huge boat.  I can't imagine it's only 98".  That said, it is odd that they don't offer the wakeview seat on the starboard side. But I I guess neither does the M235. :dontknow:

The 21 VLX is pictured here below. Again, no wakeview seat on the starboard side.  I wonder if  that small cushion is a wakeview seat on the port side... kinda doubt it. And I have no idea what the beam is. 

Hey... when is Bu gonna stop mounting tower speakers on shelves?

CA928551-7188-480F-B6CC-B65E352CB421_zps

Edited by IXFE
8 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Again, no wakeview seat on the starboard side.  

IMO no more wake view seating because of the reversible rear bench wake view (at least on the MXZ, on the 21VLX if it's going to be the new VRide, I suspect it will not have that kind of fancy stuffs)

In 2016 there is wake view seating on the starboard side in a 22 VLX that I tested.  When using it, there is not much leg room at all because it is so close to the rear bench seat back.  It worked much better on the port side in a 22 VLX.  In a 22 foot boat, it doesn't seem worth it on the starboard side.  Probably OK in the 24 MXZ.  Also, on the 2017 MXZ, both the 22 and the 24 you see that they put that small hatch to have access to put trash in the garbage can.  (like the one of the LSV's this year between the cup holders).  So I think the cooler is also under that starboard seat along with the trash can.

The beam on a 22 MXZ this year is 102", I doubt they would make the 2017 narrower.

2 hours ago, IXFE said:

I don't know, but a great point.  I have the 4 speaker set up right now and I hit my head on the lower set all the time!!  I really don't want to deal with taking off the lower set, although I guess I could.  I don't want to have to deal with storing the speakers and the nut and bolts and tucking the wire somewhere.  Also, not sure if that changes the impedance of the system?

If I order a new boat, I will only order 2 tower speakers so they are on the top.

I spoke briefly with my dealer last night over email about the 21 VLX.  Here is what he said about it:

The new 21' VLX will be more of a price point option, scaled down features and options from a 22' VLX. The goal is to offer something in between an Axis T22 and Malibu 22 VLX

He is going to look to see if he has any documentation on what is different about the features and options, although maybe someone already has that rundown.

7 hours ago, IXFE said:

My understanding is the 21 is definitely built to hit a price point... call it the seem between the Axis boats and the Wakesetter line. 

I'm not entirely sure how they hit that price point, but I'm pretty sure there are certain options you can't order on that boat. 

While it may seem odd from a product line perspective, I think it makes total sense from a price perspective. It fills a gap. And if you consider the VTX to be a specialty/niche boat, then it makes even more sense to have the 21 priced this way. 

Anyway, I haven't seen this boat yet but that's my $0.02... 

@IXFE what do you think the 21 VLX will do to the Axis pricing? If anything?  I know loaded Axis boats can get up there in price quickly too!

Edited by BadgerBoater55
Tag

I think the tower upgrade is great (easier to fold/unfold), but then what's the point of a G4? Looks?  This probably/I would hope brings down the price of the G4 since the compatibility is about the same now.  In my eyes, bad change (money wise) for them.  Now there isn't a point to upgrade to a G4 for $7k...

The exterior/paint lines have already grown on me and I like them (just from pictures).  However, not sure if I like some of the new interior lines.  On the boat with blue interior that was posted in here, the blue section looks terrible IMO.  It comes in from the middle of nowhere and just stops.  Looks out of place.

2 hours ago, BadgerBoater55 said:

@IXFE what do you think the 21 VLX will do to the Axis pricing? If anything?  I know loaded Axis boats can get up there in price quickly too!

Hmmm... tough to say. I haven't priced a T22 but my perception is they don't get to $80k very often/easily. Aren't they like $10k-$15k cheaper than that?  I'm speaking of what people actually pay, not MSRP. 

To be clear the 21 VLX is not going to be $80k MSRP. That's supposed to be what you can buy it for (MSRP obviously being higher). Sort of like "$80k all day!"  :whistle:  Sorry, couldn't resist. 

Jokes aside, I doubt Malibu will make the mistake of marketing it that way. 

7 hours ago, IXFE said:

Travis... I believe that's the MXZ pictured in your post. I have no idea what the beam is, but when I saw it at the factory it looked like a huge boat.  I can't imagine it's only 98".  That said, it is odd that they don't offer the wakeview seat on the starboard side. But I I guess neither does the M235. :dontknow:

The 21 VLX is pictured here below. Again, no wakeview seat on the starboard side.  I wonder if  that small cushion is a wakeview seat on the port side... kinda doubt it. And I have no idea what the beam is. 

Dave...I stand corrected, you are definitely spot on my eyes are getting old :) does it appear to have a narrower walkway? I really like that center flip around seating... great addition and option for observers.  Interesting they removed the wake view seat on the starboard side, do you know if the 21 VLX will have a 98" beam?

Edited by Fman

I cant speak for a T22 out the door price, but T23 out the door would be in the low 70's to mid  to upper 70's depending on the options.

I have SP3, heater, seadek, underwater lights, tricked out trailer and a few other items, but those are the higher priced options. 

2 hours ago, Suggy said:

I think the tower upgrade is great (easier to fold/unfold), but then what's the point of a G4? Looks?  This probably/I would hope brings down the price of the G4 since the compatibility is about the same now.  In my eyes, bad change (money wise) for them.  Now there isn't a point to upgrade to a G4 for $7k...

The exterior/paint lines have already grown on me and I like them (just from pictures).  However, not sure if I like some of the new interior lines.  On the boat with blue interior that was posted in here, the blue section looks terrible IMO.  It comes in from the middle of nowhere and just stops.  Looks out of place.

I like the G4 for other reasons besides just having handles for folding... 

1) When its down it doesn't rest on the dash. We don't know that about the G3.5 yet. 

2) it can be locked in the down position. We don't know that about the G3.5 yet 

3) 1 + 2 means you can tow with it in the down position. We don't know if that's possible about the G3.5 yet

4) LED lights built into G4 (down and forward firing).

5) PTM clamping racks included 

6) Sturdier construction, built like a tank (overbuilt?)

7) Yes... looks better on the newer, taller boats, IMHO 

Oh... And it's $9k MSRP to get a G4 :blush:

1 minute ago, Garner said:

I cant speak for a T22 out the door price, but T23 out the door would be in the low 70's to mid  to upper 70's depending on the options.

I have SP3, heater, seadek, underwater lights, tricked out trailer and a few other items, but those are the higher priced options. 

Good data point.  I bet the 22 VLX won't be available with any of that fancy stuff. Your trailer alone is probably a $2k upgrade (totally worth it, IMHO). 

The other thing I don't know is whether it's $80k or simply "in the $80's."  Big difference. 

3 minutes ago, Fman said:

Dave...I stand corrected, you are definitely spot on my eyes are getting old :) does it appear to have a narrower walkway? I really like that center flip around seating... great addition and option for observers.  Interesting they removed the wake view seat on the starboard side, do you know if the 21 VLX will have a 98" beam?

All good, Travis. You wanna see old...? Come watch me surf. Lol

I'm gonna be at AWS maybe today. If that happens I'll take a look and maybe get some questions answered about both these boats. 

The G4 has assisting springs as well.  Even with handles, I doubt the G3.5 will have the assisted lowering and raising that the G4 does.  Which I think is really nice when you weight it down with big tower speakers.

28 minutes ago, mrnate450r said:

The G3 has always had gas assist shocks, AFAIK. 

Really...Well shows how much I have paid attention...

Just now, Anderson24 said:

I could be wrong but from the looks of that picture there is a sub and a speaker. 

Yeah! I guess the joke fell flat! :(

Maybe the new stripped down 21VLX only comes with a 6.5 sub. :Tease3:

• Like 2
Just now, teamerickson said:

Yeah! I guess the joke fell flat! :(

Maybe the new stripped down 21VLX only comes with a 6.5 sub. :Tease3:

Oh no...I totally missed it. I even thought "is this meant to be a joke?"...but then I succumbed to the urge to clarify just in case someone was really wondering. My bad :crazy:

Carry on :cheers:

11 minutes ago, Suggy said:

From what I can see, the 21VLX has a sub and a driver speaker off to the right.  However, the 24MXZ only has a sub  :Tease3:

Remember, the 21 VLX is a price point boat.  You don't get those things with luxury  :rofl: