Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's new for 2017

Diesel86

14 minutes ago, teamerickson said:

I don't know if the vinyl looks Axis like? It looks like patterns are changing for 2017.

The seats are very close to the Axis pattern.  See the straight edge design?  To be clear, I do think it looks good. 

5 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

I believe the target of the 21 is to have an option that is for someone who doesn't want an axis but also doesn't want to pay full blown Malibu money. Im just as curious as you are to see how it plays out. 

I like it.  I would have been happy with a V-Ride type of boat when I bought my VLX.  Yeah, the dash is nice, but I personally prefer analog gauges and toggle switches for the tanks, etc.  I was coming out of an Axis, and perhaps I should have looked at them, again, as they are supposed to be a lot nicer, but I did want the fit and finish of the 'Bu.

32 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

e7Z1Sey.png

VLX = VLX, which would lead you to believe same series of product, regardless of length. 

For example, MC's new 'mid line' boats are XT. Their lineup now goes NXT--->XT--->X series. Length (or whatever random number MC chooses to use that day) added in there somewhere. We used to get Sunscape, LSV, or VLX/VTX in past years for 20 and 21 foot boats in different trim.

9 minutes ago, jk13 said:

VLX = VLX, which would lead you to believe same series of product, regardless of length. 

For example, MC's new 'mid line' boats are XT. Their lineup now goes NXT--->XT--->X series. Length (or whatever random number MC chooses to use that day) added in there somewhere. We used to get Sunscape, LSV, or VLX/VTX in past years for 20 and 21 foot boats in different trim.

Maybe I misread your comment.

No name designation to differentiate it from the 22 VLX.

21 VLX and 22 VLX would show you a difference?

Just now, 23LSVOwner said:

Maybe I misread your comment.

No name designation to differentiate it from the 22 VLX.

21 VLX and 22 VLX would show you a difference?

In length yes, not in product line/finish level/options list/price point, etc...as the guys above are stating.

Edited by jk13

We know about the OEM Wetsounds speakers already, but I didn't see comments on the amps yet. The new 'Malibu' branded amps look like an OEM version of the Syn-DX series with speaker molex plugs and no logo lights. Is the RF contract over, or are they being used in different sound packs?

Edited by jk13

Interesting that a 21vlx back in... I'd buy one as my 22vlx only fits my garage length by 3 inches. Would be nice to have some more wiggle room.

Just now, ID AX said:

Not sure if mentioned before but I believe it's a 98" beam.  

What????   No way!!  I believe it on the 21 VLX, but not the MXZ. 

14 hours ago, BadgerBoater55 said:

This was my thought too... And I agree it will be interesting to see.  I have a meeting with my local dealer for our Wake The World event next week, so I will try to gather some info.  As always, happy to act as voice for the Crew if anyone has any specific questions.  

I can't see the 21 vlx costing much less than a 22vlx, it has all the fancy screens, nicer tower, etc...the lsv is not priced much more than the 22vlx, I am speculating same will be true with the 21 vlx when comparing to the 22 vlx.  But I could also be totally wrong (would not be the first time) --- maybe it will be a bargain buy vlx.

More than price reduction speculation I was thinking more along line of crossover performance with lake restriction size limits.  The 22vlx is 21'10" (and badged with a 22 on the side) making it not useable on some lakes with restrictions of 21' or less.  Will be interesting to see actual length,weight and beam width of the 21 vlx.

That being said imo the 21 vlx looks great, I like those gel lines they chose...and the new G3.5 tower will be fun to take a peek at close up. For some reason new towers always take awhile to grow on me.

I saw both of these boats in person today at my local dealer (21vlx & 22mxz) and must say they look much better in person than what I saw in the pics.

should sell well 

• Like 2

If there are any leftovers on that 21 vlx next year I would be game. But I wonder if it is 21 or 21.5 like my 05? I wouldn't want smaller. 

Edit: graphics the same as 05 too (Malibu in middle) of course minus the awful tribal tattoo on mine. 

Edited by 95echelon
1 hour ago, Fman said:

I can't see the 21 vlx costing much less than a 22vlx, it has all the fancy screens, nicer tower, etc...the lsv is not priced much more than the 22vlx, I am speculating same will be true with the 21 vlx when comparing to the 22 vlx.  But I could also be totally wrong (would not be the first time) --- maybe it will be a bargain buy vlx.

More than price reduction speculation I was thinking more along line of crossover performance with lake restriction size limits.  The 22vlx is 21'10" (and badged with a 22 on the side) making it not useable on some lakes with restrictions of 21' or less.  Will be interesting to see actual length,weight and beam width of the 21 vlx.

That being said imo the 21 vlx looks great, I like those gel lines they chose...and the new G3.5 tower will be fun to take a peek at close up. For some reason new towers always take awhile to grow on me.

My understanding is the 21 is definitely built to hit a price point... call it the seem between the Axis boats and the Wakesetter line. 

I'm not entirely sure how they hit that price point, but I'm pretty sure there are certain options you can't order on that boat. 

While it may seem odd from a product line perspective, I think it makes total sense from a price perspective. It fills a gap. And if you consider the VTX to be a specialty/niche boat, then it makes even more sense to have the 21 priced this way. 

Anyway, I haven't seen this boat yet but that's my $0.02... 

Just now, IXFE said:

My understanding is the 21 is definitely built to hit a price point... call it the seem between the Axis boats and the Wakesetter line. 

I'm not entirely sure how they hit that price point, but I'm pretty sure there are certain options you can't order on that boat. 

While it may seem odd from a product line perspective, I think it makes total sense from a price perspective. It fills a gap. And if you consider the VTX to be a specialty/niche boat, then it makes even more sense to have the 21 priced this way. 

Anyway, I haven't seen this boat yet but that's my $0.02... 

Assuming it does had a 102" beam, I can see it being a viable option at 80k compared to say a t22 when you factor in the better dash, tower, power wedge 2, and motor...

• Like 2