Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What do you drive?

WakeGirl

What type of drive is your boat?  

469 members have voted

1. 1. What type of drive is your boat?

• Direct Drives rule!
    • V-Drive all the way baby!
    • Forget about those stinking inboards, my i/o does everything I need it to!
    • I can't imagine life without my outboard!
    • Props are over-rated, jet drive is the way to go!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stewart

• NorCaliBu

• UWSkier

• VinRLX

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The new boat is just about here, its a 23 wakesetter XTI. Last boat was a v-drive Mastercraft X-star 2000. It will be interesting to see how I like the seating arrangement in the XTI? Already know that when I'm in the DRIVER'S SEAT that I prefer driving a Direct Drive.

Or just perfer Malibu over Masterraft..

Either way - not too many people going from V-Drive to D-Drive.. once you're there, you don't come back

True, but I did.

After two v-drives (Maristar 225, Prostar 205V) I have left the V-drive crowd and joined the Direct drive crowd with my first Malibu LXi.

I always wanted a good ski wake, but the wife felt we needed the seating and storage of the V-drive. As my skiing became shorter line, even the prostar hull on the 205V wakes were too harsh. I was definately moving against the tide going to D-Drive.

However, with the LXi, I find the seating even better. The V-drive had tons of seating, but the floor space was limited: If 6 people seated comfortably all stood up together, there was no room to stand. With the D-drive, there is an engine in the middle, but more space to stand and spread out as the next skier/boarder get's ready.

The handling of the D-drive is just a blast to drive! More fun than my 3 series BMW.

Doesnt' hurt that Slider can up the poll directly in the DB.

I want a recount!

Slider can vote either way but we know what he truly likes to drive….nothing since Tracie does it all. :lol:

The new boat is just about here, its a 23 wakesetter XTI. Last boat was a v-drive Mastercraft X-star 2000. It will be interesting to see how I like the seating arrangement in the XTI? Already know that when I'm in the DRIVER'S SEAT that I prefer driving a Direct Drive.

Either way - not too many people going from V-Drive to D-Drive.. once you're there, you don't come back

True, but I did.

After two v-drives (Maristar 225, Prostar 205V) I have left the V-drive crowd and joined the Direct drive crowd with my first Malibu LXi.

I always wanted a good ski wake, but the wife felt we needed the seating and storage of the V-drive. As my skiing became shorter line, even the prostar hull on the 205V wakes were too harsh. I was definately moving against the tide going to D-Drive.

However, with the LXi, I find the seating even better. The V-drive had tons of seating, but the floor space was limited: If 6 people seated comfortably all stood up together, there was no room to stand. With the D-drive, there is an engine in the middle, but more space to stand and spread out as the next skier/boarder get's ready.

The handling of the D-drive is just a blast to drive! More fun than my 3 series BMW.

Welcome back!!!

True, but I did.

Welcome back!!!

Plus1.gif

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just went from a closed bow DD to a Vdrive. I hope it is not a regretted change, because I loved my DD. It drove like a sports car. We made the change because of more seating, more storage, more room to lay in the sun, and to surf. We will see if it was the right decision in a few months.

Direct Drives are the way to go,

Dependability, don't ya know?

Keep it simple, fast n' easy,

Your hands stay clean, they don't get greasy.

More time running, fast and strong,

Most of all repairs don't take long! Biggrin.gif

Edited by Oldskeer
  • 1 month later...
Direct Drives are the way to go,

Dependability, don't ya know?

Keep it simple, fast n' easy,

Your hands stay clean, they don't get greasy.

More time running, fast and strong,

Most of all repairs don't take long! Biggrin.gif

burma shave

It's the V Drive for me. Love the space, the wake and every thing that goes with it......except I have a flat spot on my head doing the service!

I'm sure someone likes that flat spot for setting their beer on.... Whistling.gif