Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help my Sister find a boat

braindamage

10 hours ago, sidekicknicholas said:

My brother has a 95' Supersport Natuqiue he is going to sell this spring (Central Wisconsin location) ... tower (could use replacing), ballast, stereo, etc etc .... smaller 21' boat but functionally it would serve them well.  I think he is looking to get like $13.5k for it.

side profile.jpg

Is it in pretty good shape? I think they might consider as an option to get them through this summer and take advantage of the winter prices. I know they are more interested in a newer boat.

pm me pics or more details.

All the vinyl besides the drivers seat was replaced two years ago.  Hull is in near perfect shape.  The tower is s***... its an old FCT cut up to fit with the 95' cup holder placement... functionally it will do its job, but its gross and looks terrible.  I would suggest the Roswell Aviator if a switch happened.  Ballast system is/was a DIY job, but each bag can be individually valved off.  Dual axle trailer w/ brakes.  Gt-40 / 351 engine with like 65X hours. .... not sure if he still has the stock center mount ski pylon, just the tower and rear mount.

I'll shoot you a PM with more photos.  I would guess if someone bought it, replaced the tower they could get their money back on it... the wake is awesome and its about as cheap as a V-drive will get, so it should hold value for a while yet. 

53 minutes ago, sidekicknicholas said:

All the vinyl besides the drivers seat was replaced two years ago.  Hull is in near perfect shape.  The tower is s***... its an old FCT cut up to fit with the 95' cup holder placement... functionally it will do its job, but its gross and looks terrible.  I would suggest the Roswell Aviator if a switch happened.  Ballast system is/was a DIY job, but each bag can be individually valved off.  Dual axle trailer w/ brakes.  Gt-40 / 351 engine with like 65X hours. .... not sure if he still has the stock center mount ski pylon, just the tower and rear mount.

I'll shoot you a PM with more photos.  I would guess if someone bought it, replaced the tower they could get their money back on it... the wake is awesome and its about as cheap as a V-drive will get, so it should hold value for a while yet. 

I talked with her and she wants something newer. Thanks for the option though!

1 hour ago, braindamage said:

They lost it. It sold today.  Back to the drawing board, or he will buy the sessions boat.

Too bad.  That was an amazingly low price.  No surprise it went fast.

12 minutes ago, jrvs23 said:

I sent him that one. I also included a vride, though in not as familiar with them.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/bod/5514028673.html

there is also a Moomba in Michigan.

They are really bummed.

9 hours ago, braindamage said:

I sent him that one. I also included a vride, though in not as familiar with them.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/bod/5514028673.html

there is also a Moomba in Michigan.

They are really bummed.

That vride appears to be at MN Inboard, the local Malibu dealer. Let me know if you need someone to check it out.

Sell them your Sunsetter LXI and then you can buy newer if you want. :)

I would think the Sunsetter LXI would be a nice boat for them to begin with. There are few nice ones in the Midwest.

If they/you haven't used Searchtempest.com to search craigslist, I would use it. Makes it a lot more easier for find good deals.

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 9:49 PM, oldjeep said:

it's a 10 year old boat. If it was a Malibu you couldn't get any boat specific parts for it.

My Malibu is older than that and I can get plenty of boat specific parts for it. 

2 minutes ago, Nitrousbird said:

My Malibu is older than that and I can get plenty of boat specific parts for it. 

Like what?  Whatever got whole saled off to GLS?

Edited by oldjeep
6 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Like what?  Whatever got whole saled off to GLS?

Anything from a gauge computer, steering cables, badging, swim platform brackets (these use a different version than the later boats), etc.  Most parts on older Malibu's are part of a larger Malibu parts bin that worked on several models for several years.  I even have one of the rarer engine options and never had any problems getting Marine-specific parts for it (like an alternator bracket that's specific to Indmar, oil filter relocation kit parts, etc...not the GM stuff).

41 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Almost all of what you listed is off the shelf items that are not boat brand specific, which was my point;)

There are very few boat model specific parts.  Brand specific, which usually transcends a few years.  But everyone pulls from the parts bins.  Vinyl, but even then you won't be able to get it from Malibu next year on your 2012 as it will be past the 5 year period.  That said, I'm able to get parts for our 15 year old Malibu without any struggle.  The OP's original question about that Regal could be a lot different of an answer. 

9 hours ago, footndale said:

Sell them your Sunsetter LXI and then you can buy newer if you want. :)

I would think the Sunsetter LXI would be a nice boat for them to begin with. There are few nice ones in the Midwest.

If they/you haven't used Searchtempest.com to search craigslist, I would use it. Makes it a lot more easier for find good deals.

They want a v-drive because of the seating.  Plus I don't want to part with my SSLxi...I love it.

Does anyone know anything about centurion:

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/boa/5519765836.html

Originally posted as a repo boat earlier in the thread, but this ad shows at a much lower price

Or Supra:

http://annarbor.craigslist.org/boa/5553762077.html

These are a bit more in their price target.

I know it's crazy to post about Centurians and Supras on a Malibu site but I think they are running out of time, so I'm starting to branch out to other brands.

Edited by braindamage