Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Silent Ride Exhaust?? Worth the money?

hefe

Well, ok, I don't know what a dB is either, but I'll gladly hit you in the face with one. Or two, but the force would be increased by. . .oh nevermind. I'll expect a full install report with pics. :)

Ordered 'em yesterday. Was going to wait a bit, but I'm too impatient. :)

My plan is to try to get some before/after video to see if the difference will show up in the audio track. Also want to try to get some acceleration data before/after to go along with it. Don't want to promise the most scientific results, cause I don't knows I'll have the time, but I'll do what I can.

Well ??? It's been a week....

Biggrin.gif

Inlines just came in on Tuesday. Been PM'ing Jack that my wife is holding a HoneyDo list over my head. I don't get to play until a couple big ones come off the top of the list. Mad.gif Lot going on this weekend too, between family, UofM football game, etc. Not sure how much progress I'll make. :(

Worst part is I know it would only take 30 minutes to slam them in there. I'm fighting my own impatience so that I can get the 'before' data. Gawd it's hard to do...

Note - The inlines look awesome! The polished SS looks really sweet! Thumbup.gif

• 1 month later...

Sorry, not yet. :(

They are all nice and shiny sitting there in my garage just waiting for me. But I've been working some long hours, Mother Nature hasn't been particularly kind, and between that, soccer & cub scouts for my son, 4 sessions of dance for my two girls, Michigan football games, house projects..., I haven't been able to find the time.

Looking to keep the boat in service for at least another month - still hoping to find an opportunity to get all the data - pre and post install. Supposed to get our first frost tonight, and forecast is for 32F tomorrow night. Winter will not be denied... Cry.gif

• 5 months later...

Whatever became of this? Did they get installed? What effect did they have? Do they install with the existing mufflers?

Thanks,

Steve

Edited by ibelieve
Whatever became of this? Did they get installed? What effect did they have? Do they install with the existing mufflers?

Thanks,

Steve

I don't think Jerry was able to do the job before winterization. If he did, he was awfully quiet about it--and he's not one to be muffled easily. Tease2.gif Soon his lake will be melted, but. . .he's too busy working to even consider using the boat. ;)

Edited to take a better jab at Jerry.

Edited by VinRLX

Nice use of italics Jack. You've managed to stay pretty consistent with that. :)

Jack's got it right though - ice is quickly receding at the moment, should be clear in a day or so ( Yahoo.gif ). Unfortunately I'm heading out of town for a few days (yes Jack, working). But hoping to dump her in the following weekend for the season. Not sure how long before I get enough time to do the whole project. Might end up being the July 4 week. Sorry. :(