Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dark gelcoat on topside? Does it get too hot?

APoko

22 hours ago, IXFE said:

Don’t feel like you have to go brown soft grip just cuz you did inside, unless you want it to really stand out.

I actually think black soft grip looks best on a black top deck. Kinda hides it and maintains the consistent look of your beautiful, black boat. Personally, I don’t want to see a stripe all the way around my black top deck. YMMV  

Soft grip is ordered in two colors. So if you like this look, make sure you tell them you want black for both the MAIN and the ACCENT. 

99DAF18A-163D-44AC-BD2A-12ACC86B0ADE.jpeg

968D7375-C78C-4CE5-BFE3-4019BCC9BBC1.jpeg

Yours looks sick. You can tell it wasn't your first rodeo when you ordered it.

On 1/8/2023 at 11:21 AM, Ronnie said:

Once you go Black you'll never go back!

I wipe down my black boats the same way I wiped down my light colored boats.

Black gel is a little warmer but not terrible and I'm in Texas summers. Cool Touch and Top Deck Soft Grip

is the only way to go.

Inside Tommy's Shot.JPG

Interior.PNG

This looks super trick. Love the blue lining. 

On 1/8/2023 at 2:25 PM, Stevo said:

I’ve had a black top deck on my last 2 boats over the past 5yrs and I don’t think it gets too hot, I did have soft grip on both tho. 

the bigger challenge is polish and keeping water spots and surfaces abrasions from ropes bumpers people in/out clean . 

What he said.... 

I have the black top deck with black sea dek (knock off from the factory) and peanut butter inside with peanut butter sea dek on floor.  Looks great.  

7F911C73-9B8D-43E1-B08E-4AF091B1E39A.jpg

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Five Cent Worth said:

What he said.... 

I have the black top deck with black sea dek (knock off from the factory) and peanut butter inside with peanut butter sea dek on floor.  Looks great.  

7F911C73-9B8D-43E1-B08E-4AF091B1E39A.jpg

Perfect.  Ordering it up. Looks great 

I've had black top deck on 2 of my 3 most recent boats.  my 2017 22VLX did not have soft grip on the topside and the black was extremely hot.  My 2021 23LSV had black top deck, but it was covered with soft grip and we had zero issues with heat.  I agree with the comments of others. 

• Like 3