Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Gatorstep kit on the way! No More Smelly Carpet!

Wakesetter67

I noticed that there is no flooring over the pump access. It appears that the reasoning may be to keep everything level ( at least that's the way it looks in the pic) Am I correct?

Are you referring to the Center Bilge access door? If so, we ended up applying a Gator Step piece to keep the uniform looking going.

• 2 weeks later...

WHat was the cost of this?

This will be a must this summer. I hate the inside of the hatches and how the carpet gets soaked, love love love this...now to come up with a logo.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Socalbu said:

Looks great! I wish Malibu would allow them to use their logo's

IMO, it does need some sort of logo.

Wake the World looks awesome though. 

Do you like your dealer, Maybe they would Co Op and put there logo in that spot, Free advertising, But your right a Logo looks great in that spot, Now you could also do the Gator step logo too!

On February 19, 2016 at 9:59 AM, Ndawg12 said:

TMC member Intense did what we are talking about but I believe he used Seadek and his pieces all butt up to each other. He told me that under the carpet and glue the fiberglass has a checkerboard pattern, has a blue-ish/green-ish tint, and is fairly smooth. Then I talked with a boat restoration company and they said it would be best to gelcoat it, of course it was very expensive.

Has anyone ever rolled on gelcoat with a foam roller or a really short nap roller. Is gelcoat self leveling? If not I wouldn't think a slight orange peel finish would be a big deal...? No way I'm spraying it.

What about an industrial epoxy paint?

As far as the carpet fraying under the seat braces, I envision an "L" shaped piece of flexible rubber trim or even small 1/4 round like in your house.

I have rolled gel coat....I refinished my 20' flats boat maybe 5 years ago...if you add duratec to gel it gives it the gloss and somewhat thins it to make it easier to work with. I sprayed a smooth base coat or 2 then picture framed around all hatches and then rolled the gel coat with anti-skid so the finished product was "factory".  Could have gotten the same results rolling base coat...maybe even better because I had a run or 2 from gun on vertical sides of rod lockers that I don't think would of happened if I had rolled.

here is link for additive:

http://www.fibreglast.com/product/Duratec_Clear_Hi_Gloss_Gel_Coat_Additive_1040/Duratec

14 hours ago, Socalbu said:

Looks great! I wish Malibu would allow them to use their logo's

IMO, it does need some sort of logo.

Wake the World looks awesome though. 

that's sucks I was planning on doing the AXIS name on my floor :(

On March 2, 2016 at 10:00 PM, Wakesetter67 said:

Do you like your dealer, Maybe they would Co Op and put there logo in that spot, Free advertising, But your right a Logo looks great in that spot, Now you could also do the Gator step logo too!

I did the logo on the bow piece. I thought it looked better than just the lines

Edited by Socalbu
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...

@09vRide I know this is a few years later, but you mentioned in your post just cutting the carpet and not worries about under the seats. I'm thinking the same, as I don't really have a problem there. Just wanted to get rid of the carpet in the high traffic area. Did you end up doing this? How'd it turn out?

Cheers man