Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What action camera?

wakedncsu

I use the SJ4000 with wifi capabilities.  I had a hero 3 which bit the dust (literally) while dirtbiking.  Ive had my SJ for 2 years now.  Its awesome and havent had any problems.  I bought it on ebay from seller goodphoto123-sounds sketchy right?  Came from china for 70 bucks canadian.

We want to mount a 'gopro' style camera on our registration booth and golf carts for our work outings. I was fully prepared to buy an actual gopro, but I am wondering if the SJ will be a good way to cut corners and save a little money? The camera will face the standard elements (sunlight, rain, fog, snow, etc) but won't be used in the water or any extreme conditions.

Anything that should scare me away from being cheap and buying the SJ?

Bought a SJCam 4000 WIfi for my daughter. She wanted something to take snorkeling videos while on a cruise and I didn't want to spend GoPro $$ on a camera for a 10 year old. I am really impressed with the quality of the vids and the overall quality of the camera. I think I paid around $80 

@RedOwlThe only thing you should worry about with the SJ came is getting an authentic one.  There are plenty of knock offs out there, and when you do any sort of software upgrade, it can brick the unit.  I bought my 4000 Wifi through amazon, from the SJ store and I love it.  It has held up in the ocean, being tossed around in the surf, boating, pools etc.  It's a great unit and rock solid.  

I recommend picking up the wall charger and extra batteries.  When I bought mine, it only came with one battery, so the offer below is solid.  

http://www.amazon.com/SJCAM-Original-Version-Waterproof-Batteries/dp/B00VFVUAMQ?ie=UTF8&keywords=SJ%20Cam&qid=1464308158&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1