Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

loan rates

Ifinallygota21v

1 hour ago, bamaboy said:

So do you guys think a lip and a curl is important for a surf wave?  Or just a big powerful wave.  

I like a nice lip but I'm not sure it matters much. 

Why choose.... it's 2018 you can have all 3....

2 hours ago, Chrisjjbrown said:

Another fine example of our medical system in this country sending people into poverty trying to pay medical bills...... while the Docs have enough cash to buy Gs every year and invest in bitcoin.   

I bet that guy had to sell his G because he couldn't pay his loan due to outstanding medical debt

Since we seem to be derailing the thread as we all slide in winter withdrawal mode...

I guess he should get his medical care for free while he keeps his G.  The obvious corollary to that is that providers aren't paid while he gets to keep his G, or you pay for him to keep his G by paying increased taxes to fund his medical bills.  So far, the American people balk every time at the increased costs of universal coverage once they see the costs.   For the record, doctor's bills are about 7% (depending on who you ask) of the entire cost of healthcare.  

It never ceases to amaze me that people want European style medical systems but don't want European style taxes to pay for it.  

Edited by TallRedRider
  • Like 4

I totally agree with the whole school thing practically being second mortgage. 

I’ve got some friends and he’s s dermatologist. After going to all the med schools and what not,  now not until late 40s early 50s that he gets the fancy toys like Porsche and what not. 

This thread has really derailed, anyone wanna stop for over for a beer in about four weeks? Hell, if you're close I've got enough to get a few of us drunk right now.  Then we can really get a good discussion on this topic going! 

fullsizeoutput_1831.jpeg

• Like 3

The quickest to path to 80 to 100k year salaries right now are thru the trades.  Yet so many look down on manual labor or see where it can take them after 4 Years in the field.  We're hiring laborers for 16 to 17 an hour cause we need bodies so bad.  I've offered many kids graduating this path and most would rather work kitchens for less so that can be stoned at work and no one cares.  America. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, efjeld said:

This thread has really derailed, anyone wanna stop for over for a beer in about four weeks? Hell, if you're close I've got enough to get a few of us drunk right now.  Then we can really get a good discussion on this topic going! 

fullsizeoutput_1831.jpeg

I like this idea! Substitute my usual popcorn for a beer!

10 hours ago, 67King said:

Jesus H. Christ.  Yes, those doctors who don't start working professionally until their mid 30's, when half the working population is halfway done to retirement.  Yes, 4 years of college, 4 years of med school, 3 years of residency (working 100 hour weeks for really, reqally crappy pay), and then 3-5 years of fellowship (which is the only way they'll make enough to even sniff at a 6 figure boat - and again working 100 hour weeks for crappy pay).  6 figure loans put into forbearance long enough for them to double.  Sorry you don't get it, but those loans are like another freakin' mortgage.  Oh, and once they ARE practicing, figure on a 5 year buy in to become a partner in a practice.  So they start making that good money at about 40.  By then, guys who enlisted in the miliary already have retired and potentially in a second career, and doctors are starting out.  

Can doctors make a lot of money?  Yes, yes they can.  But the make sacrifices they make both fiscally and personally are freakin' ridiculous.  Way more than most people would make.  And they don't start reaping the rewards until they are too freakin' old to be able to enjoy them.  My wife is a specialized physician (fortunately for us, I was a very well compensated engineer, then one of my start-ups sold, so we were able to pay off her student loans early..................yet we have a VLX, and not a G).  We have a lot of physician friends who own boats.  Only one owns one that is in the price range of a G.  He was in his 60's when he could afford it.  How many 60 year olds do you think are in the market for G's?

Not to mention that half the population thinks that healthcare is a "right."  Which means that those doctors who didn't think they had any sort of "right" to that education which is why they paid so dearly for it are now being told that their very livelihood is subject to the whims of the people who have a "right" to it.  And those people of course know more than the doctors because that Dr. Google guy told them so.

Ok maybe you took me just a little to seriously.  I don't want you to have a heart attack and have to foot the bill for stints. 

I am sorry but no one forces someone to become a Dr., and yes I hear your sob story.  Every profession has its pit falls get in line.   I agree Education is also a problem in this country. 

Listen some of my best friends are Doctors and they are all loaded, not one is struggling, they own farms, lake houses, monster houses, drive exotic cars, etc,,,,  good for them they worked hard they earned it, I am not a hater by any means, and I realize that everyone made sacractfices to get where they are today...No different then anyone else that hits it big.......  I will have to earn my fortune the good old fashion way and wait till my Dad kicks the bucket. 

This does not change my point,... 2 things can be guaranteed every year in this great country  1 - Health Care Costs will rise and 2 - Educational cost will rise. 

I will try to illustrate the problem w the health care industry here in this fictional story based on loose facts. 

Two Doctors are sitting in the newly built $150M surgical wing in a local Hospital. 

William walks into Phillips new office - Phillip love your New office space, it smells of sweet Mahogany and leather bond books with a hint of very rare bourbon.   How was you week? Thank goodness its Friday..haha

Phillip - William good to see you.  I hear your Office is twice the size of mine, don't be so Modest.    My week was good I did about 25 procedure's this week.  Average billing was about 75K a procedure total of $1.87M billed.  Even when the Health Insurance companies knock it down by 75% to $1.4M that's still a productive week.  You know my customer satisfaction surveys came back as well.  I have been top 10% the last 3 years in a row.  I guess they got the surveys before they got their bills....hahaha 

William - That's a good one Phillip

Phillip - You know how I convience my patients to have the procedures William.    I give them my Gun Slingers Stare, they look at me for a minute....I look back......and then they say you are right Doc lets do the surgery. 

Phillip -  So just thinking out loud here William,  I should net about 7% of my billings according to @TallRedRider.  That will give me 98K.   Perfect timing too,  as its suppose to be 90 here this weekend.   You know I think I will go buy a G and Invest next weeks earnings in crypto currency.  

William - Philip My man, cheers ..... lets go hook up that G and catch some waves my bro.

Edited by Chrisjjbrown
  • Like 3
18 minutes ago, Chrisjjbrown said:

Ok maybe you took me just a little to seriously.  I don't want you to have a heart attack and have to foot the bill for stints. 

I am sorry but no one forces someone to become a Dr., and yes I hear your sob story.  Every profession has its pit falls get in line.   I agree Education is also a problem in this country. 

Listen some of my best friends are Doctors and they are all loaded, not one is struggling, they own farms, lake houses, monster houses, drive exotic cars, etc,,,,  good for them they worked hard they earned it, I am not a hater by any means, and I realize that everyone made sacractfices to get where they are today...No different then anyone else that hits it big.......  I will have to earn my fortune the good old fashion way and wait till my Dad kicks the bucket. 

This does not change my point,... 2 things can be guaranteed every year in this great country  1 - Health Care Costs will rise and 2 - Educational cost will rise. 

I will try to illustrate the problem w the health care industry here in this fictional story based on loose facts. 

Two Doctors are sitting in the newly built $150M surgical wing in a local Hospital. 

William walks into Philips new office - Philip love your New office space, it smells of sweet Mahogany and leather bond books with a hint of very rare bourbon.   How was you week? Thank goodness its Friday..haha

Philip - William good to see you.  I hear your Office is twice the size of mine, don't be so Modest.    My week was good I did about 25 procedure's this week.  Average billing was about 75K a procedure total of $1.87M billed.  Even when the Health Insurance companies knock it down by 75% to $1.4M that's still a productive week.  You know my customer satisfaction surveys came back as well.  I have been top 10% the last 3 years in a row.  I guess they got the surveys before they got their bills....hahaha 

William - That's a good one Philip

Philip - You know how I convience my patients to have the procedures William.    I give them my Gun Slingers Stare, they look at me for a minute....I look back......and then they say you are right Doc lets do the surgery. 

Philip -  So just thinking out loud here William,  I should net about 7% of my billings according to @TallRedRider.  That will give me 98K.   Perfect timing too,  as its suppose to be 90 here this weekend.   You know I think I will go buy a G and Invest next weeks earnings in crypto currency.  

William - Philip My man, cheers ..... lets go hook up that G and catch some waves my bro.

Ahhh it becomes clearer now...  You use the generic term "doctor" to relate to anyone in the medical field that has MD in their name.  The correct word you are looking for is surgeon.