Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 boat delivery

smooky

Spray date is 3/4.  I was told by the end of March!  Choosing the color was the hardest part...wife and I went back and forth for two months looking at every combo.  

On 2/18/2016 at 6:56 PM, pauley71 said:

Mine started today. Plan to be in Loudon on Tuesday to see it mostly complete.

Mine was supposed to be near complete when I got there today but it was barely out of the mold.  Not much to look at an empty hull with a bunch of holes drilled in it and marks from where QA had pointed out all the imperfections.  I did see some sick boats on the line .. some of which might belong to those in this thread .. haha

1 hour ago, kskonn said:

Well the bad news is I lost my 2013 22MXZ in the Halloween day flood in Central Texas, the good news is I have good insurance. Should have a new 2016 22VLX getting delivered in march. Sorry for the low res... 

boat final 3.png

final boat 1.png

final boat 2.png

2015-10-30 14.37.49.jpg

2015-11-01_14.13.38.jpg

Wait... WTF...what happened here? Where it the other half of your boat 

Edited by Stevo
13 hours ago, Stevo said:

Yes, would love to know more of this story, was the other half found??  That's one of the saddest pictures I've ever seen of a Malibu!

I saw a tractor trailer headed west on I-24 today. It had just gone through Chattanooga, and was loaded with 3 brand new, shrink-wrapped Malibus. One had a red trailer, one was a blue trailer, and the other was black. I can't help but think at least one of the boats will be posted in this thread soon!

15 hours ago, Lablvr said:

We take delivery of our 2015 23LSV on 4/16 and can't wait! We are former Yamaha jetboaters

vp4205247_480d43b47d6b4c238a9eb908c5bed77c_large.jpeg

Congrats on the new LSV.  I used to have a Yamaha 242LTD S.  The biggest difference is reverse, it will only pulls slightly to the right,   The malibu is awesome, where the Yamaha loses speed in even gradual turns the BU is stable, also it will hold tight turns better.  It will take a bit of getting used to, but you have just completed a HUGE upgrade.  Enjoy your LSV, and welcome aboard!  

You get bonus points for including a picture in your first post!

On February 29, 2016 at 7:10 PM, Stevo said:

Well,River came up really fast and I did not have time to get boat out of water, I was 90 miles away. I was able to get it tied up and out of the lift. Something hit the underwater gear and the ropes snapped. It went over the dam and ended at the resting spot you saw in the picture. Never found the top half, I am am pretty sure that somebody took the top half to sell for parts. It took me 3 days to find the boat. on a side note, if anyone needs a 5.7l engine with 60 hours on it, let me know.

Edited by kskonn
2 hours ago, kskonn said:

Well,River came up really fast and I did not have time to get boat out of water, I was 90 miles away. I was able to get it tied up and out of the lift. Something hit the underwater gear and the ropes snapped. It went over the dam and ended at the resting spot you saw in the picture. Never found the top half, I am am pretty sure that somebody took the top half to sell for parts. It took me 3 days to find the boat. on a side note, if anyone needs a 5.7l engine with 60 hours on it, let me know.

^^^ BREAKIN My heart. 

Thank You skurfer! Yes they are metal flake as well, match pretty well but obviously not exact as the trailer is automotive paint as opposed to gel coat but when both are in full sun match is really darn close.

On 1/14/2016 at 0:25 PM, Dare2goBare said:

Nice. You'll sure have fun,..that baby's going to torque! let us know what the top end is.

Hey all

Just thought I'd swing back to this thread and answer the question regarding top end of a TXI with a Raptor.

We have the 6.2L 410 and top speed (using GPS tracker on my iphone) was 48MPH.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, aussietl said:

Hey all

Just thought I'd swing back to this thread and answer the question regarding top end of a TXI with a Raptor.

We have the 6.2L 410 and top speed (using GPS tracker on my iphone) was 48MPH.

Nice, you're 1MPH over my L96, I run 47 with a crew of 4, & full tank with premium gas.

Proped Acme 515.

Edited by Dare2goBare