Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 boat delivery

smooky

Hi, Steve here.  New guy.  In the market and hope to have a pic posted in the next month.  Will be used.  Life long boater, but life long outboard guy.  this will be my first inboard.  I have driven them, but never owned.  Will be looking at a "turn of the century" RLX.  I like the stepover, and it will be in my price range.  the lucky boat that joins our family will not have a tower, but will have a bimini top.  Will primarily be a ski boat, with some wakeboard and general family use.  

This is not mine (a friend's) but it will look a lot like this, and spend a good deal of time on this lake. 

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/kv7eyo42h20j-2_zpsmpaxbkmr.jpg~original

Cheers!

16 hours ago, sunvalleylaw said:

Hi, Steve here.  New guy.  In the market and hope to have a pic posted in the next month.  Will be used.  Life long boater, but life long outboard guy.  this will be my first inboard.  I have driven them, but never owned.  Will be looking at a "turn of the century" RLX.  I like the stepover, and it will be in my price range.  the lucky boat that joins our family will not have a tower, but will have a bimini top.  Will primarily be a ski boat, with some wakeboard and general family use.  

This is not mine (a friend's) but it will look a lot like this, and spend a good deal of time on this lake. 

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/kv7eyo42h20j-2_zpsmpaxbkmr.jpg~original

Cheers!

Redfish. One of my favorite places.

• Like 2
On May 27, 2016 at 8:50 AM, shawndoggy said:

This is all I got

1CF26867-89C5-4EC8-B09F-97B9009ECD37_zps

Nice looking ride SD! I need to get out more, just caught this thread... congrats on the new ride!:)

21 hours ago, 85 Barefoot said:

Looks like Petit or Alturas to me...all 3 unbelievable of course!

On 7/6/2016 at 1:04 PM, IdahoAxis said:

Redfish. One of my favorite places.

It is Redfish.  That is a friend's boat, anchored just inside the cove from the boat launch.  I am looking at a similar boat, a '98, and have my brother checking it over for me this weekend.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2016 at 11:46 PM, hethj7 said:

Looks great in the water!

Almost the same as my 2015 VLX! We have the vapor blue hull and a black tower.  If I could change one thing about our boat, it'd have a white G4 (was a demo though so didn't order it).  Love your color combo and interior, looks great!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 13 January 2016 at 9:28 AM, aussietl said:

I finally pulled the trigger. Looked around for about 6 months. Thanks to the CREW, I've learnt a lot about Malibu boats in that time

Bought a Malibu Response TXI with 6.2L Raptor. Was built 2 months ago.

I pick it up next week. Cant wait. Have one week holiday booked in for the week after. I think its going to be a good week :yahoo:

Pics in my boathouse.

Aussietl did we see any pics of the TXI?

4 hours ago, sunvalleylaw said:

Just bought this today!  My first ever tourney boat!  After years of skiing at altitude behind our old outboard, I am very excited about this!  Will be hauling it from Issaquah WA to Idaho this weekend.  

6C9AED0C-A9F7-4938-98BE-36D8E52A2224_zps

E14D29C0-9027-48F4-98B4-F64E732A185E_zps

AD41886B-BC2D-47CE-ADC4-C37A8CFC4855_zps

That is the former owner's stuff in the boat.  I will put my own stuff in soon. :)

Nice one. Safe towing....

• Like 1
7 hours ago, sunvalleylaw said:

Just bought this today!  My first ever tourney boat!  After years of skiing at altitude behind our old outboard, I am very excited about this!  Will be hauling it from Issaquah WA to Idaho this weekend.  

That is the former owner's stuff in the boat.  I will put my own stuff in soon. :)

Did he just get done with a set and toss u the keys???

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, Stevo said:

Did he just get done with a set and toss u the keys???

He clearly loved this boat and took it out one last time in the morning with his wife for one last set.  So, yeah, kinda! :)  He did some final clean up work, and recoated the rear step, and put a little more wax on after this pic.  

8 hours ago, sunvalleylaw said:

That looks a lot like a boat one of my buddies owned 12 years ago. In fact I'm sending him pics just in case. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

That looks a lot like a boat one of my buddies owned 12 years ago. In fact I'm sending him pics just in case. 

The boat was originally a promo boat years ago.  Owned all this time by one owner from the Seattle area, AWSA member and instructor, and Lake Sammamish Water Ski Club Exec Board member.