Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

It's not the jet ski's fault

Kalamazoo

What is unfathomable to me is how generally frightened a person has to be in order to carry all the time. I mean so bad that you can't even walk from the ramp to fetch the truck without carrying......

I'll take my chances, better than living like a frightened little mouse all the time. That must really wear on the soul, being constantly worried about needing a gun. No thanks.

If it's not fear then what else? Machismo? Only thing I come up with.

Not starting anything here, just something that I REALLY don't get.

NOt trying to throw gas on the fire...but you do know that the cops, police, sheriffs have no obligation to respond to your 911 calls....2 SCOTUS cases state that.

So knowing the cops may not respond, does that change your perspective on being armed and able to protect yourself?

since when has my responsibility to protect myself and my family ended once I step into a recreation vehicle? It is my sole responsibility to provide protection for myself and that right is clearly recognized in the Constitution. You can choese to protect, or not protect yourself and family any way you choose, but you do not get to choose when or how I protect myself... even if it is on a wakeboat.

since when has my responsibility to protect myself and my family ended once I step into a recreation vehicle? It is my sole responsibility to provide protection for myself and that right is clearly recognized in the Constitution. You can choese to protect, or not protect yourself and family any way you choose, but you do not get to choose when or how I protect myself... even if it is on a wakeboat.

You would probably be protecting your family more by NOT bringing a gun. Unless Malibu has a gun safe option I don't know about, a gun accident would probably be more likely then a situation where a gun was needed.

I guess if you are camping in secluded areas of a lake it might more sense.

• Like 3

NOt trying to throw gas on the fire...but you do know that the cops, police, sheriffs have no obligation to respond to your 911 calls....2 SCOTUS cases state that.

So knowing the cops may not respond, does that change your perspective on being armed and able to protect yourself?

The odds of me getting into a situation that I can't talk my way out of are so minimal..... No it doesn't change my perpective. I never considered police not responding when I wrote that cause I wrote that from a it ain't going to happen perspective. Edited by Lance B. Johnson
  • Like 1

The odds of me getting into a situation that I can't talk my way out of are so minimal..... No it doesn't change my perpective. I never considered police not responding when I wrote that cause I wrote that from a it ain't going to happen perspective.

And that is what is soooo neat about the 2nd Amendment. Those who don't want to carry, own guns, etc. do not have to. And those who want to can carry, own guns, hunt, even collect them.

ANd those not wanting to own guns should either have a neighbor or friend who does!

Edited by WINEGRAPEGROWER
  • Like 1

I can't help but think back to that lady in Walmart, killed by her own 2 year old. 2 year old in the shopping cart, pulls out his mom's handgun and shoots her dead. She had her CCW too, and was convinced it was a good choice to protect her and her children.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/31/us/walmart-shooting-by-2-year-old.html?_r=0

I dont want to be a victim of someone convinced that their weapon will only discharge in a protective scenario. There's too much at stake.

Steve B.

Edited by Steve B.
  • Like 2

That may be true, but that is my responsibility alone, and my decision to make. Even with a gun safe (which is cheap and easy to install on your own) you can still have an accident, the only way to completely and 100% be sure that you will not have an accident is to follow the 4 basic gun safety rules. And in 2014 there were approx 1600 accidental discharges that resulted in bodily injury or death, but there were over 1.1 million violent crimes committed in that same year. You can chose to hope you never need a gun, or you can chose to carry a gun and hope you never need to use it. You know where I stand.

I just can't imagine a safe place to keep a gun where it could be accessed and loaded quick enough to be useful.

I think my shore spike is nearly as intimidating and quicker to access than a gun would be and my throttle is quicker and easier than both of those to access.

Those violent crime stats mean nothing in this context. The lakes are essentially an anti-ghetto. There is a high cost to getting on the water and that filters out a lot of the trouble makers.

Edited by vanamp

I just can't imagine a safe place to keep a gun where it could be accessed and loaded quick enough to be useful.

I think my shore spike is nearly as intimidating and quicker to access than a gun would be and my throttle is quicker and easier than both of those to access.

Those violent crime stats mean nothing in this context. The lakes are essentially an anti-ghetto. There is a high cost to getting on the water and that filters out a lot of the trouble makers.

Except for those shirtless flat biller Sperry wearing trouble makers;)

Merry Xmas, don't shoot your eye out.

• Like 4

And that is what is soooo neat about the 2nd Amendment. Those who don't want to carry, own guns, etc. do not have to. And those who want to can carry, own guns, hunt, even collect them.

ANd those not wanting to own guns should either have a neighbor or friend who does!

I own guns. I just NEVER have a need/ desire to carry one.

• Like 3

lots of inexpensive safes, biometric or coded, that will keep loaded guns away from children and intruders.

http://www.gunvault.com/biometrics.html/

AS home robberies increase, being prepared only makes sense.

I use the following: PPPPP: Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance

Ya why?

Turned 45 today. That is 45 years altercation free. Why should I expect that would change?

I couldn't say that by the time I was 14. Nor many times since. Probably not all luck, but you are lucky

I got my CCW many years ago because Well walking my dog at night in the winter we were being followed by coyote's. But I had been shooting from my 7th or 8th birthday. Then one night a guy tried jumping me. I was armed with a big dog he missed and well it was over in a very short time.

We won. All I could hear in the end was the A hole running through the woods in the dark. falling tripping and smacking branches. after he slowed down a yelled I letting the dog go again and the run started again!!!!!! :rofl:

So now I carry.

I couldn't say that by the time I was 14. Nor many times since. Probably not all luck, but you are lucky

Funny, I wouldn't call it luck. Not at all. I have never even had a close call.

lots of inexpensive safes, biometric or coded, that will keep loaded guns away from children and intruders.

http://www.gunvault.com/biometrics.html/

AS home robberies increase, being prepared only makes sense.

I use the following: PPPPP: Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance

That's great for home but we are talking about bringing a gun on the boat.

That's great for home but we are talking about bringing a gun on the boat.

What would prevent someone from having that, and or securing a small safe like that somewhere in your boat?

And there are trigger locks...and other ways to secure them, depending on type of gun!

I guess you are just not aware of what all the options are.

I am not trying to convince and or persuade you. So no Jedi mind tricks. promise!

What would prevent someone from having that, and or securing a small safe like that somewhere in your boat?

And there are trigger locks...and other ways to secure them, depending on type of gun!

I guess you are just not aware of what all the options are.

I am not trying to convince and or persuade you. So no Jedi mind tricks. promise!

i think you may have missed a couple of my previous posts. How much violent crime do you really think occurs on the water? The chance of a gun accident is probably higher than the chance of being a victim of violent crime.

If you safely have your gun stored in what scenario could you access it quickly enough for it to be useful? It's not like a home invasion where you hear something at night and have some time to sneak and get your gun.

Example: I'm a flat billed brah who is mad at you because you refused my epic fist bump. I pull up to your boat wielding my shore spike. How is a gun going to help?

• Like 2

i think you may have missed a couple of my previous posts. How much violent crime do you really think occurs on the water? The chance of a gun accident is probably higher than the chance of being a victim of violent crime.

If you safely have your gun stored in what scenario could you access it quickly enough for it to be useful? It's not like a home invasion where you hear something at night and have some time to sneak and get your gun.

Example: I'm a flat billed brah who is mad at you because you refused my epic fist bump. I pull up to your boat wielding my shore spike. How is a gun going to help?

I've come to the conclusion that MN is a different planet from other places in the country. Unless I am camping in an area where bears are an issue I have never seen a need to carry. Not to mention a shoulder holster tan line looks pretty silly.

I guess you may have missed a couple of my earlier posts:

Your hypothetical example is sophomoronic and juvenile.

Merry Christmas!

Edited by WINEGRAPEGROWER