Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

When a 1235 is almost doing the job....which prop.

Lance B. Johnson

Man I appreciate all the data! Unfortunately as shawdoggy knows from the cycling threads I am not a data guy. All I know is my boat surfs at 3200 and tops out at 44mph :). So really I've got nothing to compare it to.

Should gain some GPH with a good 15" prop though?

That 1235 is really almost cutting it though. Come to think of it I could surf at 14mph if I wanted. I just want a baby step up I think.

The 948 is a great tweener prop inbetween acme 1235 and 2315. Key is Eric at OJ will let you demo it and use it on the water. You can get all feedback from people on this site but actually being able to demo with your boat and use it real world is huge. If you don't like it, send it back to him and try a different model. There props are spot on with acme, both make great props.

• Like 2

agree... I wouldn't hesitate to run either brand. Eric will probably be more accomodating of doing a one off tweak for you too (like I said, a 945 with extra cup might be just the ticket... or maybe a de-cupped 948)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I have a problem with getting to speed in a 2010 VLX Monsoon 350, all full MLS plus 750 sacs and wicked wake. Toying with it, I found that draining MLS about half allows us to get to speed with an awesome wake and 6 adults on the boat. It varies (obviously) with how many people we have onboard. I want the AWESOME wake, as we all do! I'm pretty sure I have the 1235 (boats in storage atm :Frustrated: ). We are at about 3600ft elevation and was wondering if a prop change is in order. Sounds like the 2313 is the prop of choice? Just want to know before I drop the $$$. Any help is appreciated. Any one else experience the same?