Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

WaveControl Aftermarket Surf System

NWBU

I installed mine. was more than two hours, but not terrible.

electrical is easy...brain box needs power/ground. everything else is pre cabled with connectors.

installing the tabs is quite easy...4" in from outside of hull, flush with bottom. actuator 2" above the hinge edge in the center.

it has gps, auto-retract at speed (15 I think) and simple controls (surf left, surf right, knob to adjust the tab incrementally to get wave the way you want it).

the actuators are lenco, the tabs are certainly not and custom engineered. tabs also have 'secondary' tab ("thruster") that adjusts as well to get set up properly.

As always, drilling holes into beautiful boats can be scary. FWIW, fill and gelcoat of the wrong hole isn't too expensive. trust me.

So how did it work? What ballast setup did you use with it?

IMO, Like with a lot of game changing products, it's worth considering whether or not you want to be first in on getting it....or wait for the details and kinks to be worked out and get a version 2.0.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This may save me a $60K boat upgrade. From a functionality perspective this is the only thing I wish my current boat had in comparison to the new boats on the market. I have the Wicked Wake tabs now and really like the even weighted, relatively quick change over that they provide. This would be even better.

Mine will be installed next weekend, I will try to get pics on Sunday if it is nice... They will installed on 2010 23 lsv

IMO, Like with a lot of game changing products, it's worth considering whether or not you want to be first in on getting it....or wait for the details and kinks to be worked out and get a version 2.0.

He won't be the first, there are several bu's and other brands with this system already installed... I have talked to some owners that were extremely happy with them....

Any feedback on the wave these make?

from the people that I talked to, they were extremely happy.... go to gosurfassist.com to see videos. I will have mine installed next weekend. I am going to have SMG Wake bring out a 2016 LSV to compare the surfgate on the new boat to my 2010 LSV to see how it compares

here is link to a TMC member with it installed http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53147-actual-real-commercial-surf-tab-retrofit-kits/page-5#entry890289

Edited by kerpluxal

from the people that I talked to, they were extremely happy.... go to gosurfassist.com to see videos. I will have mine installed next weekend. I am going to have SMG Wake bring out a 2016 LSV to compare the surfgate on the new boat to my 2010 LSV to see how it compares

here is link to a TMC member with it installed http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53147-actual-real-commercial-surf-tab-retrofit-kits/page-5#entry890289

That is a comparison that I will be very interested to see results. Load your boat up well for a good head to head.

I have some neighbors across the street with a 15 22 VLX and my wave is much better (taller/longer......................However, they are not weighting their boat optimal as some of the VLX guys are on here.

That is a comparison that I will be very interested to see results. Load your boat up well for a good head to head.

I have some neighbors across the street with a 15 22 VLX and my wave is much better (taller/longer......................However, they are not weighting their boat optimal as some of the VLX guys are on here.

well... SMG will have the piggy backs in... (750s) I run 1100s in rear, 8-1100 mid, 1100 front... I might need to unload for a fair comparison :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

well... SMG will have the piggy backs in... (750s) I run 1100s in rear, 8-1100 mid, 1100 front... I might need to unload for a fair comparison :whistle:

Did you get your system installed?

Thoughts? Have you been able to ride it yet?

Did you get your system installed?

Thoughts? Have you been able to ride it yet?

System installed... 3 rides with it..... best investment I have made thus far.... waiting for some good vids to share

This was test day and not dialed in yet:

Edited by kerpluxal
  • Like 2