Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 - G Killer?

Dan Cummins

I've not been on an M235, but in my opinion, the 25LSV is the sleeper in the lineup right now. Not getting a ton of attention in social media, forums, etc... But this thing is an ANIMAL. The wake and wave is just amazing and super tuneable with wedge clicks and lift mode.

If I were in the market, I would be considering a 25LSV SERIOUSLY. It's easily in the same league as the M235 and G23.

Frankly, from what I have heard through the grapevine, the hull on the M235 (running surface-wise) is basically the same as the LSVs.

Edited by boardjnky4
  • Like 2

I hear nothing but good things about the 25LSV.

I would love to spend some time on it.

See JJ and Hop, we should have just filled that belly bag to 2200 and rocked it out.  

1 hour ago, boardjnky4 said:

I've not been on an M235, but in my opinion, the 25LSV is the sleeper in the lineup right now. Not getting a ton of attention in social media, forums, etc... But this thing is an ANIMAL. The wake and wave is just amazing and super tuneable with wedge clicks and lift mode.

If I were in the market, I would be considering a 25LSV SERIOUSLY. It's easily in the same league as the M235 and G23.

Frankly, from what I have heard through the grapevine, the hull on the M235 (running surface-wise) is basically the same as the LSVs.

When I was at the factory a few months back, I made a point to ask everybody I talked to, "What's your favorite boat?"  I was expecting a lot of M235 love.  But over and over I was told the 25 LSV is the one the folks at the factory are most stoked about. 

The only issue with that boat for me is resale.  It's selling really well for a BIG boat, but will never come close to the 23 LSV in volume.  And high volume is what boat flipping is allllll about.  Maybe I should just stop flipping and build one last IXFE boat.  The ultimate!!

When I was there in late June, they told me the bigger boats are selling very well.   I think that is why the 22 MXZ grew a few more inches and the 24 was redesigned before the 20.  

I could do a 25 REALLY easily, but I still love the pickle.  I suspect the new 24 will give the M235 and 25LSV a run for their money performance wise.

At this stage in the game I don't think thier is really a bad choice at 22+

43 minutes ago, IXFE said:

When I was at the factory a few months back, I made a point to ask everybody I talked to, "What's your favorite boat?"  I was expecting a lot of M235 love.  But over and over I was told the 25 LSV is the one the folks at the factory are most stoked about. 

The only issue with that boat for me is resale.  It's selling really well for a BIG boat, but will never come close to the 23 LSV in volume.  And high volume is what boat flipping is allllll about.  Maybe I should just stop flipping and build one last IXFE boat.  The ultimate!!

Only problem is a year later Malibu adds the features you REALLY wanted, but weren't offered.  Things like rear bench, 17" prop, collapsing bimini on G4, sea deck/gatorstep, full wetsounds from factory. 

Then what, you have your "Ultimate" that needs an upgrade.....lol

57 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

When I was there in late June, they told me the bigger boats are selling very well.   I think that is why the 22 MXZ grew a few more inches and the 24 was redesigned before the 20.  

I could do a 25 REALLY easily, but I still love the pickle.  I suspect the new 24 will give the M235 and 25LSV a run for their money performance wise.

At this stage in the game I don't think thier is really a bad choice at 22+

3 hours ago, DarkSide said:

I am not reading any more....I love my boat....I love my boat.....nothing to see here.....I love my boat....ugh!

2017 24MXZ has @DarkSide 's name all over it!  :lol:  

I would love the 17 but it would cost way too much to upgrade, let's have someone else do product testing and find the bugs.  I just can't do the flip,  the way I ordered the surfer, I am in WAY too deep.   

15 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

I would love the 17 but it would cost way too much to upgrade, let's have someone else do product testing and find the bugs.  I just can't do the flip,  the way I ordered the surfer, I am in WAY too deep.   

Well first person on here to get it should fly/drive you out and have you load that thing down.  Or Malibu should just cut the middleman out and have you factory test! I like the pun there...

Edited by BadgerBoater55

I am in Tennessee every June.  I would be more than happy to do a week or two of "product validation"  now all I need to do is convince malibu to let me be thier test dummy.....

• Like 1
8 hours ago, IXFE said:

Do it!

6 hours ago, Pnwrider said:

No offense, but pretty sure your dealer could make that happen! 

Well I had good intentions to make it happen this year.  I did.  But you know how much I travel, and when I'm home this just wasn't a priority.  It's usually baseball or using my own boat.

Now it's too late as I've missed the window... they sold their last 2016 G23 so there's nothing left to demo.  Maybe in the Fall they will get a '17 and I can try that. 

2 hours ago, IXFE said:

Well I had good intentions to make it happen this year.  I did.  But you know how much I travel, and when I'm home this just wasn't a priority.  It's usually baseball or using my own boat.

Now it's too late as I've missed the window... they sold their last 2016 G23 so there's nothing left to demo.  Maybe in the Fall they will get a '17 and I can try that. 

I know a guy who knows a guy who would let you surf one...

As long as you don't come back home with Montezuma's revenge that is...

Edited by bamaboy
On 7/22/2016 at 0:32 AM, DarkSide said:

I don't think 130 will be the norm.   24MXZ and 25LSV frequently go over the 130 mark.

Offsite... I know, not ideal.  But I'm kinda ready to take my garage back anyway.

1 hour ago, IXFE said:

Offsite... I know, not ideal.  But I'm kinda ready to take my garage back anyway.

Hmm, maybe I can help there - just don't keep too close an eye on the hours meter, those things are notoriously inaccurate anyway. :whistle:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, wrelessb said:

I've owned 2012 SAN230 w/NSS, 2016 23LSV, and now a 2016 25LSV.  

As for the G23 vs. M235 question, I chose the 23LSV over a G23 because the G had strange ridges in the face of the wave.  If you look at the new hull on the 2016, it has very sharp steps that trail all the way to the NSS plates.  I think they translate into these ridges.  Even the Nautique rep I was with kept catching edges riding the G.  It was disappointing because I've been behind Nautiques almost exclusively since the late '80s.  I was certainly a Nautique Fanboy.

After I made the switch to Malibu with the 2016 23LSV, I suffered from a small bit of buyer's remorse coming out of my SAN230.  My 230 had a much more defined lip.  The 23LSV also hates when you have people ride the transom, and we train a lot of newbies.  

When the 25LSV came out, the Malibu dealer let me use one while my 23LSV was in for service.  I fell in love with the 25LSV for a variety of reasons.  Most of all it is FAR less sensitive to weight position than the 23LSV.  I don't have to ride people to sit in specific seats due to weight.  I purchased the 25LSV and never brought the 23LSV back.

I surfed an M235 for the first time today.  We started the day with stock ballast only, 2 people in boat, wedge 1under vert 10.8MPH.  It was nearly equal to my buried 2016 25LSV.

Then we got silly and filled 2 900s PnP, a 600 tube in the bow walkway, and a 1000# triangle in the bow.  The 575 groaned getting to 11.2MPH, but was able to get there with the wedge at ramp setting.  It was a clean, massive wave with more push than any wave I've wakesurfed.  The real shocker was the length of the starboard wave.  Insanely long!

I may make the change to an M235 soon!  Here's a shot of my wife today riding the M235.

uK9sqBTA6ch64QQe7

fiddlesticks .... its this type of post that plays on my emotions. 

58045772.jpg

• Like 2
11 hours ago, wrelessb said:

I've owned 2012 SAN230 w/NSS, 2016 23LSV, and now a 2016 25LSV.  

As for the G23 vs. M235 question, I chose the 23LSV over a G23 because the G had strange ridges in the face of the wave.  If you look at the new hull on the 2016, it has very sharp steps that trail all the way to the NSS plates.  I think they translate into these ridges.  Even the Nautique rep I was with kept catching edges riding the G.  It was disappointing because I've been behind Nautiques almost exclusively since the late '80s.  I was certainly a Nautique Fanboy.

After I made the switch to Malibu with the 2016 23LSV, I suffered from a small bit of buyer's remorse coming out of my SAN230.  My 230 had a much more defined lip.  The 23LSV also hates when you have people ride the transom, and we train a lot of newbies.  

When the 25LSV came out, the Malibu dealer let me use one while my 23LSV was in for service.  I fell in love with the 25LSV for a variety of reasons.  Most of all it is FAR less sensitive to weight position than the 23LSV.  I don't have to ride people to sit in specific seats due to weight.  I purchased the 25LSV and never brought the 23LSV back.

I surfed an M235 for the first time today.  We started the day with stock ballast only, 2 people in boat, wedge 1under vert 10.8MPH.  It was nearly equal to my buried 2016 25LSV.

Then we got silly and filled 2 900s PnP, a 600 tube in the bow walkway, and a 1000# triangle in the bow.  The 575 groaned getting to 11.2MPH, but was able to get there with the wedge at ramp setting.  It was a clean, massive wave with more push than any wave I've wakesurfed.  The real shocker was the length of the starboard wave.  Insanely long!

I may make the change to an M235 soon!  Here's a shot of my wife today riding the M235.

uK9sqBTA6ch64QQe7

Lets talk more about this "ridge".  Did you not like the looks of it or did it affect your surfing?

20 hours ago, bamaboy said:

Lets talk more about this "ridge".  Did you not like the looks of it or did it affect your surfing?

It certainly affected all 3 people that surfed the day we went out.  Cutting up from the trough with a skim style that had sharp edges caused all 3 of us to catch an edge.  We would have probably gotten used to it with more time.